EPK for Kon & Amir's forthcoming Kings Of Diggin'

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Oh On Track Vol. 6 will be dropping late aug/early sept.
    amir

AWWW SHIT! It's going to be when that drops!

Everyone's fiendin' that shit Amir! It's been too long...

peace.

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    Yo Amir, can I pick up the comp @ Fat Beats? I'm about to fall through tommorow.

• The first (..) copies of this LP come with a free 7" of bonus tracks (The East Of Underground "Popcorn Santana" and Sound Of The City Experience "Getting Down").

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm definitely feeling the CD! Crazy to see the HP Noel there. No doubt he'll be thrilled to know that people are feeling his music. It's too bad I sold all my copies years ago!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Yo, I just found out that spinemagazine posted the epk...Man I said so much more about other shit too!! To answer the question about the proper clearing of the tracks...yes BBE cleared everything. Also the European release date is 7/11/06. In the states, the release date is 7/18/06. I am very intested in hearing what ya'll's feedback will be on the comp.
    peace,
    amir

I copped this yesterday. It's a great listen and definitely worth catching. I put it on in the office this morning to some favourable comments (apart from the out-of-tune horn section on that Telstars joint!). I like the boogie flavour of your mix, and some of the nutty covers on Muro's mix are great. Cool sleeve notes as well. Is there anything substantially different about the vinyl release (if indeed there is one)?

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts

Is there anything substantially different about the vinyl release (if indeed there is one)?

Seems most of the edits made it to vinyl

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/226426-02.htm

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

It's a great listen and definitely worth catching.

Copped the vinyl and the CD...

• It's a great listen and definitely worth catching.

Copped the vinyl with the bonus 7"

...too bad Wess and the Airedales "Vehicle" isnt on it!

(aside: how many versions of this song are there?)

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    WTF??? I just saw that the 2LP has only 12 tracks, the 2CD has 55!!!

• there are twelve tracks on the vinyl because as you may or may not know the sound quality of vinyl goes down when you have over 14:00 minutes of music on each side of the record. therefore, 12 songs were only able to make a 2XLP..BBE didn't want to do 3XLP. The cost of doing 3XLP especially in these days is crazy expensive! However, I am glad that ya'll are feeling what you have heard so far. I just ask for honest feedback and that ya'll spread the good word if you like it!
    amir

• kemskems 120 Posts
    I've heard the whole thing already and it's definitely on point. Props to Kon, Amir and Muro. Keeping that high quality everytime.

• No Doubt...thank you very much sir!!!
    amir

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    DISC1

1. Matthew Larkin Cassell - In my life
    2. Azymuth - Caca a raposa
    3. Tyrone & Carr - Take me with you
    4. Unico Blac - A vida
    5. Ricardo Marrero - Babalonia
    6. Creative Sounds Of The Organization - Smokey feeling
    7. Janet Dubios - Queen of the highway (Kons kondensed edit)
    8. Henri Pierre Noel - Simbi
    9. Harmony Cats - Cats theme (Kon drum edit)
    10. Cesar Mariano and Cia - Metropole (Kon drum edit)
    11. J. Jones - Feel good
    12. Wess And The Airdales - Vehicle
    13. Soul Dazz Band - Dazz
    14. Hudson County - Bim sala bim
    15. Master Story Teller - Pay pay pay (Kon edit)
    16. Ray And His Court - Soul freedom
    17. Soseme Makonde - Manzara (Kon drum edit)

DISC2

1. Wild Honey - Straighten em up
    2. The Moon People - Hippy skippy moon strut
    3. Cocody's Men - Shako
    4. The La-Mars - Kool is back
    5. The La-Mars - Rock steady
    6. Ted Curson & Company - Spiderlegs
    7. The Bob Crew Generation - Menage a trois
    8. Sound Of The City Experience - Getting down
    9. The Black Exotics - Theme of the blackbyrds
    10. Gemini Brass - Black water gold
    11. Jay Mitchell - Funky fever
    12. Together - We're together
    13. Heaven Sent & Ecstacy - I'm a lady
    14. Palmeira - Tapajos
    15. The Disco Fox - The fox
    16. Pierce Bros & Co - Bi bi bi di bi dip be happy
    17. Carl Marshall - Come groove with me
    18. Cindy Rodriguez - What you need is my love
    19. Rolando Verara - Me voy para la escuela
    20. Con Julian Y Sucombo - Enyere kumbara
    21. Tony Middleton - Return to spanish Harlem
    22. Frank Hatchett - Latin salsa
    23. Juan Pablo Torres - Malaguena
    24. The G.T.'s - Watoosi Lucy
    25. World Wonders - Flip a coin
    26. Count Buffalo & His Rock Band - Soul limbo
    27. The Crowns - Jerking dog
    28. Koko Taylor - Yes, it's good for you
    29. Harva Hodge & The Moddysec - Let the sun shine in
    30. IRP-3 - Tema de Soninha
    31. Bobby Franklin's Insanity - Don't lose what you got
    32. Megaton - Wanna be a hero
    33. Frank Hatchett - Status
    34. Milton Wright - Let's take a break
    35. Rebirth Seven Original - R.B. groove
    36. Telstars - World of tomorrow
    37. The Dome City Rock Orchestra - Quiet village
    38. Ron Dante & Peter Link - Mighty Gents

(discuss)

This shit looks INSANE ! When,Where & How do i cop ? immediately !

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

1. Matthew Larkin Cassell - In my life
    Wasn't this re-edited a few years back? On 45 format on the Money Studies label??
    If so, than I'll buy this comp just for that song alone.

• depended on where you are located...this release is available overseas in Europe and Japan already, but in the states it doesn't come out until next week. When it does come out in the states everybody from Amoeba, Newbury Comics to Virgin will be carrying this joint. So please support some good music!!!
    amir

• Wess and the Airedales "Vehicle" /

(aside: how many versions of this song are there?)

?

• not really sure how versions there are of this song...and matthew larkin cassel track is the same track from that was used for the money studies edit. however, the track on the bbe release isn't edited.
    amir

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts

7. Janet Dubios - Queen of the highway (Kons kondensed edit)

I know this was on two of her albums but was there a full 12" release?

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    amir
    Man that video was dope, are the tracks in the video going to appear on the album? The second track on the video was pretty funky, hope to hear it on the album, I'll hopefully be able to get the LP by next week! Good to see showbiz as well!
    peacee and keep up the good work

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    there are twelve tracks on the vinyl because as you may or may not know the sound quality of vinyl goes down when you have over 14:00 minutes of music on each side of the record. therefore, 12 songs were only able to make a 2XLP..BBE didn't want to do 3XLP. The cost of doing 3XLP especially in these days is crazy expensive! However, I am glad that ya'll are feeling what you have heard so far. I just ask for honest feedback and that ya'll spread the good word if you like it!
    amir

Ah okay, too bad 3LPs are so expensive! I just ordered the CD yesterday, maybe I'll get the vinyl later. I peeped into the tracks on amazon and I must say that this compilation is pure Keep up the good work man!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Where and/or how can I buy this album??

• Thanks guy!!! You can purchase this album anywhere from Virgin, HMV, Tower, or just your local mom&pop store. However, the American release date is next week on the 18th. The Ja'net Dubois song as far I know was not a single, but I could be wrong. The first song on the video will not be on the album couldn't clear it, but the second is muro's joint...not sure which one.
    amir

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    there are twelve tracks on the vinyl because as you may or may not know the sound quality of vinyl goes down when you have over 14:00 minutes of music on each side of the record. therefore, 12 songs were only able to make a 2XLP..BBE didn't want to do 3XLP. The cost of doing 3XLP especially in these days is crazy expensive! However, I am glad that ya'll are feeling what you have heard so far. I just ask for honest feedback and that ya'll spread the good word if you like it!
    amir

I'm having PAP Beef De Ja Vu.

BTW: Got this CD in the mail a few weeks a go and love it. Unfortunately it is buried somewhere in a box because our offices got flooded during the end of June.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    the comp is pure face-melter matirial.one question though, that matthew larkin cassell track what year is it from and was it ever acctually released? that song is perfect.

peace,xavier

• Ya Know?! I still think he may surface sometime soon. I was hoping you did receive the CD..should I have them send another to you? Also I would like them to add the banner form it if still possible. Anyway, good talkin' to you RAJ.
    peace,
    Amir

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    the comp is pure face-melter matirial.one question though, that matthew larkin cassell track what year is it from and was it ever acctually released? that song is perfect.

peace,xavier

thanks yall !!

Matts song seems to be the gem of the whole comp, as non record nerds are inquiring/posting about this!
    I know a few of yall here own this lp.
    It was released, privately on his own label written in 76, put out in 77. His other release has got some killer jams on it, as well as the rest of the lp "pieces"

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    just wanted to say i'm feelin' the IRP-3, Ko Ko Taylor, and the Hippy Skippy especially [on Kings of Diggin'].
    and looking forward to On Track 6 as well!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

peace,xavier

thanks yall !!

Matts song seems to be the gem of the whole comp, as non record nerds are inquiring/posting about this!
    It was released, privately on his own label written in 76, put out in 77. His other release has got some killer jams on it, as well as the rest of the lp "pieces"

What are his connections to AZ? My copy is lost somewhere in this mess but I specifically remember there being a Tucson address on the back. That was the reason I bought the record in the first place. I found it in a thrift store some 6-7 years ago. When I got home and heard those drums pop up out of nowhere I was thrilled because I thought I had stumbled upon some secret squirrel shit that just happened to be a local private press LP. I checked the White Pages to see if he lived here but no dice. I also Googled his name but never researched him beyond that. I'm glad you guys found it and are making sure his music is heard.

I've had the record in my eBay searches for a long time now and I only remember it popping up once. It was in a lot sale in which the seller listed every LP (a couple hundred if I remember correctly). I hit up the seller to see if he would sell me just that record but he never replied. I think it was a one time seller and I'm pretty sure the auction ended with no bids. I think it was a store that was closing or something.

Anyways, the other song I like off that LP is "Another Day Gone." No BREAKBEATRAER but 3 minutes of mellow goodness...

Herm

*Edited to remove mp3 link to "Another Day Gone." Maybe I shouldn't be posting it without the artist's permission.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I finally got my hands on this from the Newbury Comics in Harvard Square, and I gotta say, you folks really outdid yourselves. I'm getting down even as I type this. Quick question - in the liner notes, it's got Amir talking about a few tracks as though they were on here (Trinidad Tripoli Steel Band). Could you not clear them or what? Much praise, can't wait for On Track v.6!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

peace,xavier

thanks yall !!

What are his connections to AZ? My copy is lost somewhere in this mess but I specifically remember there being a Tucson address on the back. That was the reason I bought the record in the first place. I found it in a thrift store some 6-7 years ago. When I got home and heard those drums pop up out of nowhere I was thrilled because I thought I had stumbled upon some secret squirrel shit that just happened to be a local private press LP. I checked the White Pages to see if he lived here but no dice. I also Googled his name but never researched him beyond that. I'm glad you guys found it and are making sure his music is heard.

I've had the record in my eBay searches for a long time now and I only remember it popping up once. It was in a lot sale in which the seller listed every LP (a couple hundred if I remember correctly). I hit up the seller to see if he would sell me just that record but he never replied. I think it was a one time seller and I'm pretty sure the auction ended with no bids. I think it was a store that was closing or something.

Anyways, the other song I like off that LP is "Another Day Gone." No BREAKBEATRAER but 3 minutes of mellow goodness...

Herm

*Edited to remove mp3 link to "Another Day Gone." Maybe I shouldn't be posting it without the artist's permission.

BUMPERS.