Who's The Next Dwayne Wade(NBA Draft Related)

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I wonder who the Hawks are going to draft tonight.

Yo, I forgot to mention this...

I heard last night on ESPN that Atlanta already locked in Shelden Williams.

Not sure how that's possible to do before the actual draft, but we'll see if that's true tonight.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I wonder who the Hawks are going to draft tonight.

Yo, I forgot to mention this...

I heard last night on ESPN that Atlanta already locked in Shelden Williams.

Not sure how that's possible to do before the actual draft, but we'll see if that's true tonight.

The report is that Atlanta has "promised" Williams that they will pick him. It wouldn't be a bad pick, but seeing as how the Hawks have basically 5-6 players that are all the same SG-SF, I think they'd be best served getting a point guard, but they're past history shows that they don't know what they're doing anyway.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Any last minute predictions?

2006 NBA Draft Order[/b]

1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani(They made trade down to #4 and take him there)
    2. Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge (He's 2-3 years away from making an impact)
    3. Charlotte - Rudy Gay (Even MJ can't fuck this one up)
    4. Portland - Adam Morrison
    5. Atlanta - Shelden Williams (Atlanta needs 12 first round picks)
    6. Minnesota - Randy Foye (One last attempt to get a shooter and keep KG)
    7. Boston - Tyrus Thomas (AI will be a Celtic next season)
    8. Houston - Brandon Roy (Roy has a good shot at ROY)
    9. Golden State - Saer Sene (Forever scarred by Don Nelson, GS will take a flyer on this very raw talent)
    10. Seattle - Cedric Simmons

Tonight, 7 pm, ESPN

Of course all speculation on my part....anyone's guess is a good as mine.....as far as my hometown Dallas Mavs go....they will pick at #28 Kevin Pittsnogle!!!!

And if Dallas makes a trade it's adios to Jerry Stackhouse

Boston just traded their pick to Portland for Sebastian Telfair...

I guess they just copped their "AI"!

And watch for Joe D. pull some magic with the 60th, last overall pick.

9. Golden State - Saer Sene (Forever scarred by Don Nelson, GS will take a flyer on this very raw talent)

Too much of a project, even for the Warriors. Many mock drafts have us taking another center Patrick O'Bryant.

Too much of a project, even for the Warriors. Many mock drafts have us taking another center Patrick O'Bryant.

You're probably right....O'Bryant scares me...didn't really dominate in a conference with few real big men.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I'd rather see them take Brewer and let Diogu and Biedrins(sp.) develop. They need some defense.

You're probably right....O'Bryant scares me...didn't really dominate in a conference with few real big men.

He had a great NCAAs which is all you need, just ask Thomas! Anyway, people seemed to be really talking him up, but then cooled off on him. He's also a project but bigs are always enticing.

I'd rather see them take Brewer and let Diogu and Biedrins(sp.) develop. They need some defense.

Well one thing O'Bryant is suppose to be good at is rebounding and shot blocking. The Warriors are thin up front with athleticism, rebounding, and defense in general. They also need an upgrade at small forward so Brewer or Carney would be fits as well.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Boston just traded their pick to Portland for Sebastian Telfair...

I guess they just copped their "AI"!

not a bad move. telfair could still be great, and this year's draft is weak.

if the sixers trade iverson, the city of philadelphia will not be happy. no matter who they get.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

2006 NBA Draft Order[/b]

1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani(They made trade down to #4 and take him there)
    2. Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge (He's 2-3 years away from making an impact)
    3. Charlotte - Rudy Gay Adam Morrison
    4. Portland - Adam Morrison

Who will Portland pick??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

2006 NBA Draft Order[/b]

Who will Portland pick??

if their smart they'll go with Gay although its being reported they are going to make a trade with the bulls

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Adam Morrison + three piece suit =

They just got Tyrus Thomas.

• Adam Morrison + three piece suit =

"I'm just a simple caveman......BRING ME A DEWARS AND WATER."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    not that this was a deep draft to begin with, but I'm not understanding the strategy of these dudes doing the drafting.

watch as Rudy Gay falls lower and lower

He's going to be the 'steal' of this year's draft

watch as Rudy Gay falls lower and lower
    That will equate to him being the 'steal' of this year's draft

agreed

• Tyrus Thomas will end up being the best player to come out of this draft.

Bulls made a smart pick.

I hope Mavs get PJ Tucker or if insanely Ager falls to them. Or trade up somehow and get Marcus Williams.

Morrison will be ROY though. He'll score 20+ playing for Charlotte.

Tyrus Thomas will end up being the best player to come out of this draft.

Bulls made a smart pick.

I hope Mavs get PJ Tucker or if insanely Ager falls to them. Or trade up somehow and get Marcus Williams.

I think the Mav's are looking for a gunner....a guy that can just come in for 5-8 minutes and bang a couple of jumpers in. I don't think Tucker shoots well enough for that. If Ager slips to #28 THAT will be the steal of the Draft!!

Co-sign on Morrison

• Tyrus Thomas will end up being the best player to come out of this draft.

Bulls made a smart pick.

I think the Mav's are looking for a gunner....a guy that can just come in for 5-8 minutes and bang a couple of jumpers in. I don't think Tucker shoots well enough for that. If Ager slips to #28 THAT will be the steal of the Draft!!

Co-sign on Morrison

If Reddick plummets would you want the Mavs to get him?

I predict that J.J will be a dud.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

thats the consensus.

BTW Gay is still sitting at a table muttering curse words at his agent under his breath

• If Reddick plummets would you want the Mavs to get him?

I'm not a fan at all, but it depends on the expectations that are placed upon him.

Put it this way, I saw dood hit nasty shots from all kinds of long distance last year. Back injury, DUI, whatever...he'll still be able to shoot the lights out. As a spot-up shooter, he'll be successful I think.

Do the Blazers have any idea what they're doing? They just did this flip of picks to get Aldridge, but they didn't need to make a trade to get him. WTF?

Tyrus Thomas will end up being the best player to come out of this draft.

Bulls made a smart pick.

Co-sign on Morrison

That's a tough one....I'd rather have Pittsnogle

• Portland fan: turning Telfair and the #4 pick into Aldridge and Foye is a good look. Cause for encouragement.

Taking on Lafrentz tho....

Do the Blazers have any idea what they're doing? They just did this flip of picks to get Aldridge, but they didn't need to make a trade to get him. WTF?

They probably thought there was a chance Charlotte would take him???

Portland fan: turning Telfair and the #4 pick into Aldridge and Foye is a good look. Cause for encouragement.

Taking on Lafrentz tho....

Yeah, but they didn't need to make a trade for Aldridge?!?!