Who's The Next Dwayne Wade(NBA Draft Related)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
A week from tonight the NBA holds their draft. For me this is just as exciting as the playoffs. I've posted just one of many Draft Sites and thought we could generate some conversation with the following questions.....I've posted my answers but I'm the guy that thought Chris Bosh was gonna be a bust and Kendrick Perkins was gonna be a superstar!!!Best Top Ten Pick (Brandon Roy)Best Mid Round(10-20) Pick(Rodney Carney)Best Late Round(20-30) Pick(PJ Tucker)Who will be next years Rookie Of The Year(Adam Morrison)Biggest Bust(JJ Reddick)Best Sleeper Pick(Hilton Armstrong)www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Best Top Ten Pick (Brandon Roy)

Best Mid Round(10-20) Pick(Rodney Carney)

Best Late Round(20-30) Pick(PJ Tucker)

Who will be next years Rookie Of The Year(Adam Morrison)

Biggest Bust(JJ Reddick)

Best Pick Up To Sleep With (Paris Hilton)

disregard most of this because I barely even watch college ball, but I do have my suspicions that Paris Hilton is a ho.

• yeah man draft is my shit

best top 10 pick - brandon roy short term, adam morrison long term
    best mid round pick - rajon rondo
    best late pick - quincy douby
    best 2nd rounder - pj tucker
    ROY - morrison
    bust - patrick o'bryant
    pleasant surprise - ronnie brewer, i am all about this kid
    sleeper - taj gray

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Best Top Ten Pick (Brandon Roy)

Best Mid Round(10-20) Pick(Rodney Carney)

Best Late Round(20-30) Pick(PJ Tucker)

Who will be next years Rookie Of The Year(Adam Morrison)

Biggest Bust(JJ Reddick)

Best Pick Up To Sleep With (Paris Hilton)

disregard most of this because I barely even watch college ball, but I do have my suspicions that Paris Hilton is a ho.

And you picked the Mavs to finish 8th in the West!!!!!!

yeah man draft is my shit

best top 10 pick - brandon roy short term, adam morrison long term
    best mid round pick - rajon rondo
    best late pick - quincy douby
    best 2nd rounder - pj tucker
    ROY - morrison
    bust - patrick o'bryant
    pleasant surprise - ronnie brewer, i am all about this kid
    sleeper - taj gray

I like Douby a lot...

Brewer will be a good pro

I don't care for Rondo's game though

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

And you picked the Mavs to finish 8th in the West!!!!!!

Good memory you have there! Yeah, I should never predict how the West is gonna be won, since all of their games finish at like 3 am out here and I never even get to see those teams to make an informed evaluation.

I did, however, predict correctly that D. Wade was gonna SPANK THAT DALLAS ASS in the finals (sorry Dallas people... I'm a Philly Eagles fan, what can I say. Philly's gonna spank the Cowgirl's ass this season, too.. watch and see. )

• I like Douby a lot...

Brewer will be a good pro

I don't care for Rondo's game though

yeah douby could actually end up being a lot like your boy jason terry if everything works out for him. scoring pg .. big in the clutch .. can hit open shots. rondo is a lot more of a wildcard at this point but i'm a fan. i think he'll be one of those guys who will have a much, much better pro career than college career. same goes for brewer - great head on his shoulders, pedigree, versatility. i dont think he'll ever be a star but the comparison to josh howard is a good one.

also, tyrus thomas has the potential to be a massive bust. he reeks of stromile swift to me.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    step up your very odd misspelling game rockadelic.

Subject: Re: Who's The Next Dwy[/b]ane Wade(NBA Draft Related)

also, tyrus thomas has the potential to be a massive bust. he reeks of stromile swift to me.

I think Stromile is better.

step up your very odd misspelling game rockadelic.

Subject: Re: Who's The Next Dwy[/b]ane Wade(NBA Draft Related)

I'm Ebolexic

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Can people who like Adam Morrison give me a rundown on why they think he'll be a good pro. I said this a little while ago in the playoff thread, but I have big reservations about him. The reports of his workouts have said that he's been able to shoot and score great, except for a bad outing in Portland, but that he also got lit up in two separate workouts, one in LA and that one in Portland. I think he'll be a good scorer, but if he gives up just as many points on the other end of the court will he turn out to be a good player or just a role player? And those same reports just don't say, well he just concentrates on scoring not defense, but that he's a bad defender because he's slow afoot and not the greatest athletically. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he'll turn out like Chris Mullin but I'd like to hear others' views.

Can people who like Adam Morrison give me a rundown on why they think he'll be a good pro. I said this a little while ago in the playoff thread, but I have big reservations about him. The reports of his workouts have said that he's been able to shoot and score great, except for a bad outing in Portland, but that he also got lit up in two separate workouts, one in LA and that one in Portland. I think he'll be a good scorer, but if he gives up just as many points on the other end of the court will he turn out to be a good player or just a role player? And those same reports just don't say, well he just concentrates on scoring not defense, but that he's a bad defender because he's slow afoot and not the greatest athletically. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he'll turn out like Chris Mullin but I'd like to hear others' views.

If he's picked by Toronto, and it appears he may be, they have a good enough inside game to give him open shots which I know he can bury. I'm worried about his stamina and long term career because of the severe diabetes, but I see him averaging 15-18 points a game with the Raptors and that's probably ROY numbers??

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The biggest upside of Morrison is his work ethic and intensity. He is very big for a 3 and he will get better at all aspects of his game because he cares. That simply can't be taught. Things did not go well here but I heard he tore it up in (carolina?). Anyway I'd take a guy like that any day. Draft the Stache!

• white ballers are comin up

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    white ballers are comin up

except redick... destined to carry the torch for duke NBA flops!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Rando=Antonio Daniels

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The biggest upside of Morrison is his work ethic and intensity. He is very big for a 3 and he will get better at all aspects of his game because he cares. That simply can't be taught. Things did not go well here but I heard he tore it up in (carolina?). Anyway I'd take a guy like that any day. Draft the Stache!

The reason why I'm skeptical about Morrison's NBA odds is his aversion to playing D. The man looked lost in the tourney and was straight up arm-guarding cats. I love dude's fire and would be one of the first to rock a Morrison Bulls jersey should the Bulls snag him. But it's hard to be susccessful and athletically challenged in this league anymore.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Good points.
    I like Morrison's game, but he reminds me of a savvier Wally Sczerbiak. Not a bad thing, but not the player to turn a team around.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

i don't like duke and think reddick is obnoxious, but the bottom line is he can shoot. he has his weaknesses (like defense!), but nba teams will always have a spot for a dude who can knock down 3s. reddick has incredible range. i think he's got a career ahead of him.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

i don't like duke and think reddick is obnoxious, but the bottom line is he can shoot. he has his weaknesses (like defense!), but nba teams will always have a spot for a dude who can knock down 3s. reddick has incredible range. i think he's got a career ahead of him.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts

i don't know, i guess i could see him playing a role, like coming in and firing up 3s for a few minutes, but he is not much of an athlete or defender, can't create his own shot very well, and he's not going to get every call anymore, so he can't pad his scoring at the line... i think there are probably enough people in the league that can do all the things he can't, and shoot about the same... it's a lot easier to learn how to shoot than it is to learn how to run and jump... i'm not saying he won't be able to hang around the league and make a career of it, but i can't imagine him being any kind of star

plus, he's kind of an asshole

Reddick is not much of an athlete or defender, can't create his own shot very well, and he's not going to get every call anymore....plus, he's kind of an asshole

it's a lot easier to learn how to shoot than it is to learn how to run and jump...

athletes are a dime a dozen. pure shooters on the other hand...

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    it's a lot easier to learn how to shoot than it is to learn how to run and jump...

Hi Guys. I'm John Paxson. And I'm living proof that there is money to made and rings to be won if your only skill is shooting 3-point shots.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Hi Guys. I'm John Paxson. And I'm living proof that there is money to made and rings to be won if your only skill is shooting 3-point shots.

I dunno...I see Reddick as being more Craig Hodges than John Paxson. I do think he'll be able to hang around for a little while because there's always room for a guy who can shoot, but I also figure his career will follow the path that Trajan Langdon cleared.

I dunno...I see Reddick as being more Craig Hodges than John Paxson. I do think he'll be able to hang around for a little while because there's always room for a guy who can shoot, but I also figure his career will follow the path that Trajan Langdon cleared.

You may be right, but given the crapshoot that is the NBA draft, I think his skills there are worth the risk IF (and only if) you can make him a roll player.
    Let's hope no one's career follows the arc of Craig Hodges, and they have to come back to All-Star weekend in an NBA jersey.

FWIW, I think Brandon Roy will have the biggest impact next year.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Let's hope no one's career follows the arc of Craig Hodges, and they have to come back to All-Star weekend in an NBA jersey.

You do know that Craig Hodges was ostracized from the league because of his political views, right??

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You do know that Craig Hodges was ostracized from the league because of his political views, right??

No doubt, money was on some real rebel shit. Remember Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul Rauf was ill too.

No thread hijack - back to the meaningless draft.

not buying it. if he had game he could have been a terrorist and still gotten a contract. hodges was never a good nba baller. dude could shoot though.

If you can really ball, most teams won't care if you worship a donkey.

edit...see above.

What were they???