REAL LIVE NOLA (or NOLA-ESQUE) Brass Bands

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Whats some real good ones? Some real live ones?Some ones tha are doing it today.YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT... the type of motherfuckers who are gonna put the horns from Jacksons "Dancing Machine" on blast real loud for like 35 minutes straight.Anyway, who's really hip.ALSO...For the bonus beat, hit me with CONTACT INFO of these dudes if you know it.

Comments

• The Rebirth Brass Band

Afround for 20+ years, but always filled w/ hungry young dudes. Saw 'em in Nola two years ago and they killed it: from Beyonce to the Meters and back. Highly recommended.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Rebirth is the shit, but also I'm looking for people I might be able to afford...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Youngblood Brass Band....the guys are from all over, but have some tunes that are very good. They also do stuff with MCs to varyijng results. Not traditional NOLA stuff all the time, but worth checking out in my opinion.

www.youngbloodbrassband.com

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Youngblood Brass Band....the guys are from all over, but have some tunes that are very good. They also do stuff with MCs to varyijng results. Not traditional NOLA stuff all the time, but worth checking out in my opinion.

Are these the guys out of Wisconsin? My friend saw them with Talib Kweli and Mike Ladd and said is was a total

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hopefully I can afford to bring cats to Ny.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Are these the guys out of Wisconsin? My friend saw them with Talib Kweli and Mike Ladd and said is was a total

saw them perform with Antibalas a few years back and yes these dudes are

• My band did a show with them in the village and they KILLED it!!! people moved all the tables out of the way and danced all night non-stop.
    They turned Sexual Healing in to a dancefloor monster. And they are from NOLA.