TERDS TO AVOID (reverse digging related)

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

this is some serious glossy aor grown woman jumpsuit shit right here. great songwriting and production to say the least. emoX10.
    <==========

• get your 9 minute mellow on to listen to the lion and almost independence day.

• cant miss with this.

cant miss with this.

PAGING DJ MARCO

aja's cover is like the best cover ever

• sexy common. listen to it naked while smoking a joint. i do.

sexy common. listen to it naked while smoking a joint. i do.

• beyond grown, sexy and sophistacated.

beyond grown, sexy and sophistacated.

really? Imma have to give that one a respin next time I find it.

^^^ unfukwitable

did you purposely find the smallest jpeg evar for the metheny? offramp is decent, no?

• heavy common and radical

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    James Last whole catalogue.

I don't know about the few that suppose to have "breakz" though...

• did you purposely find the smallest jpeg evar for the metheny? offramp is decent, no?

this was the only one i could find. this is my mellow meditation. i am not into offramp. i am only into this and the "album". the others gyrate a little to much for me.

rad, I also need to revisit the catalogue of mr. metheny

time for bed, 9-5 beckons

byee

• johnnys garden is my shit.

• underratted semi common roots mellow songman shit

• side 2 that is. side 1 is annoying cock rock garbage.

• amazing

• love me this shit too.

• this thread should be titled TRUDS NOT TO AVOID of course.

• POST YOUR COMMONS THAT RULE HERE ARE YOUR SOFT.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Woah, I have a copy thats been in the trunk of my car for over a year and a half. It's become almost like a science experiment now. It's there because i've tried trading it to Aaron's (RIP), Amoeba and they wouldn't even take it for free!!! It was in mint with the shrink still intact and everything. Who else have random lp's somewhere in their car at all times?

• i always have records in my car. i use my truck as a storage. that lani hall is nice and mellow. that price is a anomoly. love song is my jam.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

The wall of my recurring nitemares. Save for Whipped Cream, which is like a daydream (glorious boobs!) and nitemare at the same time.
    But of these, I will defend:

-Cheap Trick - Live At Budokan (Really?) Their first 5 LPs are fucking classics. "He's A Whore" owns you. No one is too big for these dudes.
    -Paul is douchey, yes, but I can get with most of Ram (esp. Ram On, which is pretty fucking unassailable in my book) and one or maybe two songs on BotR (which is completely unlistenable except for said songs).
    -Tracy Chapman's s/t is hard to really hate on. She's been overplayed and adopted by annoying folks as gospel, a la Legend, but you know that if it was arranged differently and on Folkways ca. 1968, some of you cats would be dropping Reys on it.
    -The first B52s LP is really not bad stuff. I won't play it more than once every two years, but, I'm not close to dropping it off at the Brown Elephant.
    -Creedence? Are you kidding? I've done that, but I'm not over them. Fogerty had soul, mannn.
    -Boston is cheese, but sometimes it's that really cheap Cheddar in the back of the fridge that you're secretly glad is around when you run out of absolutely everything else. Or maybe I just said that because I haven't heard that LP since high school and don't listen to classic rock radio stations. Maybe it's only good in your head when you think about "discovering" it in junior high.
    -Saturday Night Fever is situationally fine with me. "You Should Be Dancing" is one of those songs that I like to hear, say, on the light rock stations in shitty thrifts.

and DEVO's not my thing, but Mothersbaugh and Co. are not terds.

Defend your commons, folls!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    When I can't turn up anything decent at the local shop, I always scour the dollar bins for some cheap 70's am gold. Last time I took home some Supertramp and Ambrosia. I listen to these LPs from start to finish, just for the education. Speaking of Ambrosia, "How Much I Feel" is the mellow joint for summer nights. Get stoned and spin it next to "Baby, Baby, Falling In Love" and ED&JFC's "Just Remember I Love You" -- good times.

I could really go on and on like Stephen Bishop, but I'll stop myself.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    -Cheap Trick - Live At Budokan (Really?) Their first 5 LPs are fucking classics. "He's A Whore" owns you. No one is too big for these dudes.

These guys weren't bad, but living in Chicago it's mad easy to get tired of them.

-Tracy Chapman's s/t is hard to really hate on. She's been overplayed and adopted by annoying folks as gospel, a la Legend, but you know that if it was arranged differently and on Folkways ca. 1968, some of you cats would be dropping Reys on it.

Actually she was on the RIGHT label for raer-folk (Elektra), just 20 years too late.