Question for People that burn DVDs.

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
How do you burn two different movies (that fit) onto one dvd.i'm talking about two proper dvd folders w/ the VOB files, etc...i have 1gb bootlegs that id like to combine on one disc. possible?

Comments

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    As far as I understand when you burn a DVD it breaks it down to film time and not memory, and I think the average consumer DVDR only fits about 2hrs of video. The real bomb move is to get one of these:

The Philips DVP642/37 It's like the cheapest philips DVD player you can get. (Target for like $60 bucks) What's so fab about it? you don't have to burn a DVD this thing will play .avi files and .mpeg files, that way you can fit somewhere around 5 movies (if you have them converted to avi. they should be somewhere around 700mb) to a DVD. Plus it plays Divx, Video CD and Super Video CD, both PAL and NTCH format.

and I don't even work for Philips.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

The Philips DVP642/37 It's like the cheapest philips DVD player you can get. (Target for like $60 bucks) What's so fab about it? you don't have to burn a DVD this thing will play .avi files and .mpeg files, that way you can fit somewhere around 5 movies (if you have them converted to avi. they should be somewhere around 700mb) to a DVD. Plus it plays Divx, Video CD and Super Video CD, both PAL and NTCH format.

just what ive always wanted.

• seconding on a standalone that plays divx/xvid and anything else.

on the basic question, i have no idea...but it's nothing about time. to the extend of my knowledge it's not possible with the two movies quite easy, you would need a programm do "author" the dvd, and make a menu where you could select which of the movies you want to see and blaaaaa.

• As far as I understand when you burn a DVD it breaks it down to film time and not memory, and I think the average consumer DVDR only fits about 2hrs of video. The real bomb move is to get one of these:

it also plays cdrs.

it has been awesome for my burned cdrs and dvds, but for storebought or rented dvd's it totally sucks and will only play about half of them for some reason.

Hi Josh!

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Ditto on a player that can play raw AVI/MPEG/Divx files, do internal PAL/NTSC conversion, region-free, etc. - I love my OPPO player because of that, as well as the upconverting.

Anyway, I'm not fully sure why you'd need to combine the VOB files to burn 'em. With most DVD burning software, you should just be able to drag/drop whatever folder containing 'em, do necessary compression to fit into a single disc if necessary, and go. (Of course, you'd end up losing menu systems w/o creating your own.) If you really need to combine 'em, DVD Decrypter has an IFO mode that allows you to do this, or you could just use the copy command with the binary flag (/b) to create a single VOB.