Bumpshop ft. Cut Chemist NYC-APT **Sat, 7/1**

maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
edited June 2006 in Announcements
Early warning. Summer madness in store. Check out www.bumpshopnyc.com for more details, monthly picks etc.Friends, colleagues & cheapskates get at me via PM for comp & reduced list action. Space is limited!Hope some of you can make it.Peas,Mao

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Hey, I've been meaning to follow up: Did LA Reid ever show up to pop his undoubtedly absent collar at that Iceburg-presided Bumpshop a while back?

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    Hey, I've been meaning to follow up: Did LA Reid ever show up to pop his undoubtedly absent collar at that Iceburg-presided Bumpshop a while back?

Oh you mean the old drummer from Pure Essence? Nah, he was a no-show. I hear he has a day job running some record label that keeps him sort of busy...
    But the party was live nonetheless. Iceburg was nice, word.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    the old drummer from Pure Essence

Ha ha, yeah. I think every music nerd (myself included) has at least once imagined themselves coming face to face with a Famous Musician Known for One Thing and blowing their tiny, famous-musician mind by giving them props for their Pre-Fame Other Thing ("Billy Joel? Hey, it's nice to meet you...Yo, that Hassles record is my shit!"). I'd love to run up on LA Reid in Buckhead Diner or wherever and be all like:

"Yo, aren't you that guy..."

"...from the Pink video? 'You'll be a pop star'? [sigh] Yeah, that's me. What? You have a demo or something?"

"...that used to drum for Pure Essence?"

"!"

(Or if I was feelin' bitchy like Millie, maybe I'd just stage-whisper to my man, "Herbie Hancock got bald, yo!")

Actually, I'd never do any of that in a million years, but still.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Jeff... please to add me + uno. heard last time it was a squeezefest.

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    looking forward to it!

Jeff... please to add me + uno. heard last time it was a squeezefest.

Untrue - all firearms checked at the door!

This weekend.

• the old drummer from Pure Essence

Ha ha, yeah. I think every music nerd (myself included) has at least once imagined themselves coming face to face with a Famous Musician Known for One Thing and blowing their tiny, famous-musician mind by giving them props for their Pre-Fame Other Thing ("Billy Joel? Hey, it's nice to meet you...Yo, that Hassles record is my shit!"). I'd love to run up on LA Reid in Buckhead Diner or wherever and be all like:

"Yo, aren't you that guy..."

"...from the Pink video? 'You'll be a pop star'? [sigh] Yeah, that's me. What? You have a demo or something?"

"...that used to drum for Pure Essence?"

"!"

(Or if I was feelin' bitchy like Millie, maybe I'd just stage-whisper to my man, "Herbie Hancock got bald, yo!")

I remember seeing J5 on MTV one time and Cut Chemist was complimenting Funk Master Flex on the Dueces Wild record, it was kinda geeky/funny.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn I haven't thought about that Deuces Wild record in a million years. What was the name of that shit again? I would LOVE to get a copy of that... shit. DAMN that's my shit. I'm gonna go listen to "9MM Goes Bang" right now. That shit was RAW.

• I think it was Deuces Def, but man, my memory is really bad now. I never forgot shit like this before.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I think it was Deuces Def, but man, my memory is really bad now. I never forgot shit like this before.

Hmm I think maybe it's "Deuces IS Def" - that kind of sounds familiar.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    I think it was Deuces Def, but man, my memory is really bad now. I never forgot shit like this before.

kc and the sunshine band

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

kc and the sunshine band

And you are saying... what?

So I checked it is "Deuces Is Def." 33Third has it, I'm gonna cop. I saw the flip was Five Times The Rhyme" which I always thought was a Nicky Rap & Scratch song. I go Rambo and shit... need that shit.

• I think it was Deuces Def, but man, my memory is really bad now. I never forgot shit like this before.

kc and the sunshine band

I just pulled out my copy and listened to it again, good stuff! KC and the Sunshine Band was cut up in Five Times The Rhymer.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

kc and the sunshine band

I just pulled out my copy and listened to it again, good stuff! KC and the Sunshine Band was cut up in Five Times The Rhymer.

Nice one!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "Five Times A Rhymer" is the shit. I think Flex is pretty embarassed by that record, for whatever reason...

That record is tough as shit to find too.

Last time he was here Cut actually dropped that Deuces Wild radio promo (the one w/ the line, "You're taping this on Maxells!") from Chuck Chillout's KISS FM show from BITD mid-set. Yeah, safe to say he's a big Deuces Wild fan.

Tomorrow night!