eBay Seller Advice

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
What do you do when jerkoffs don't read the grading details and then complain about the record after receiving it?I've had a couple of these lately mostly because I'm selling disco records to anal disco collectors who don't read/speak English well.I want to tell them to fuck off but then again I have perfect feedback and don't wat to take the hit.

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    You gotta take returns, even from morons - it's a customer service imperative.

Also; withold feedback for buyers until they leave it for you, keeps everyone on an even footing.

---

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    exactly how long do you have to leave feedback again??

theres this dude I'd LOVE to give a (permanent) piece of my mind but am unwilling to risk reciprocation

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    isn't 90 days?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    isn't 90 days?

yup.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You gotta take returns, even from morons - it's a customer service imperative.

Also; withold feedback for buyers until they leave it for you, keeps everyone on an even footing.

---

• anal disco collectors

Yeah, I thought the bop jazz guys buying $300 plus records would be tough but they're pussycats compared to the disco dudes.

Recently I did a return because it was the wrong pressing, non-glossy cover vs. glossy cover, and after the return was completed both ways he left me positive feedback saying I was very trustworthy. Then he bought a $1500 record off me.

My point is, if you wanna do this for real, like build a rep and a steady base of big money collectors, you have to use some real life retail advice and give the customer the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to get scammed or take shit, but just back down every once in awhile, especially when its only a $10 shipping loss. That particular buyer could fill your paypal account up next auction.

Also, how many problem free transactions have you had versus the anal asshole buyers. I would put mine at 100+ good to every 1 problem customer. That's better odds than person to person retail sales, for real.

Deep beats and deep crates,

SonicReducer

(TEAMAARON)

• jonthedjjonthedj 30 Posts
    In your description make the drading Bold and write something to the effect of Note the grading...no return unless grading is not accurate.

Also - Tell the seller you cant refund the shipping costs as you paid to ship it...then note that they have to pay to ship it back to you...then say they can keep the record and youll refund half or some portion of the money. Usually when the buyer realizes the costs in shipping they back down.

I also dont leave feedback until i know the buyer is happy...that way they cant be unreasonable about stuff like the feact they didnt read the grading. Then you can leave them negative feedback too...keeps them in line. I got a cracked rufus thomas 45 once...paid 1 pound for it but shipping was like 3 pounds or $6. To get a refund would of cost triple the price of the record in shipping.