HELP ME

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
can somebody tell me which drum break is used on DJ Shadows "In/Flux" the super slow drum beat which goes from the intro of the song.peace

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "Do it"

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    do it??

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

ok,fuck that internet forumbasedpiece of shit humor. which record is the drumbreak taken from?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ok,fuck that internet forumbasedpiece of shit humor. which record is the drumbreak taken from?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the funny thing is, the answer really is at
    thebreaks.com -- usually these obnoxious sample demanders
    will at least have the good sense to check there first.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I just love the thread title...all caps "HELP ME". I thought it was some crazy hostage situation where they could only post an SOS on soulstrut via blackberry or something...

nope. just a josh question.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I just love the thread title...all caps "HELP ME". I thought it was some crazy hostage situation where they could only post an SOS on soulstrut via blackberry or something...

nope. just a josh question.
    yeah, right? like "I NEED TO KNOW WHAT BREAK WAS USED OR MY FAMILY WILL PARISH!"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    fuck that internet forumbasedpiece of shit humor

• "Do it"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    dudes got an MPC avatar but never heard a Funkadelic album in his life.

GTFOOHWTBS ... PLEASE!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Stop being so mean, you guys - breakz are important!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Young Kurtis Blow looks like Kanye West.

• Young Kurtis Blow looks like Kanye West.

something's a-miss:

ok, i dont have that funkadelic record, but of course i've heard a lot of funkadelicrecords.. everyone has. the reason why i asked here, is because i checked at the breaks.com, and the site said that the funkadelic record was the break. i checked the other hiphop tracks who has sampled the same break (searched for it at the breaks.com), and it was'nt the same break on these songs. thats the reason why im asking here.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    ok, i dont have that funkadelic record, but of course i've heard a lot of funkadelicrecords.. everyone has. the reason why i asked here, is because i checked at the breaks.com, and the site said that the funkadelic record was the break. i checked the other hiphop tracks who has sampled the same break (searched for it at the breaks.com), and it was'nt the same break on these songs. thats the reason why im asking here.

Funkadelic: (Westbound 1970)
    * "Good Ole Music" (Drums)
    DJ Shadow - "In/Flux"

• Post deleted by meikel_neit

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    this thread is funny!

• ok, i dont have that funkadelic record, but of course i've heard a lot of funkadelicrecords.. everyone has. the reason why i asked here, is because i checked at the breaks.com, and the site said that the funkadelic record was the break. i checked the other hiphop tracks who has sampled the same break (searched for it at the breaks.com), and it was'nt the same break on these songs. thats the reason why im asking here.

YOU GOTTA BE FUCKIN KIDDING ME BRA!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Somebody make a gremlin with Clinton's head on maggot brain saying this:

• ok, i dont have that funkadelic record, but of course i've heard a lot of funkadelicrecords.. everyone has. the reason why i asked here, is because i checked at the breaks.com, and the site said that the funkadelic record was the break. i checked the other hiphop tracks who has sampled the same break (searched for it at the breaks.com), and it was'nt the same break on these songs. thats the reason why im asking here.

The break he sampled is from a Jimmy Smith song.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    All Boz Scaggs cuteness aside, why are y'all (and the-breaks.com) rambling about Funkadelic? The "Good Ole Music" drums are nowhere to be heard in that Shadow track. I haven't heard it in years, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 2 principal beats used in that song are that Jimmy Smith brownpaperwrapper beat for the main part and some Eddie Harris live @ Newport drums (that vaguely resembles the Funkadelic drums) for the breakdown part in the middle.

aight, thanks. do you know which record its from? or the track title? or maybe you know both things?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    From the-breaks.com:

Harris, Eddie - Live at Newport: (Atlantic 1970)
    * "Carry on Brother" (Drums)
    DJ Shadow - "In/Flux"

Smith, Jimmy - In a Plain Brown Wrapper: (Verve 1971)
    * "Number One"
    DJ Shadow - "In/Flux"

• Somebody make a gremlin with Clinton's head on maggot brain saying this:

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    lil' dude confession: I played In/Flux at 45 RPM for one year straight thinking that was the right tempo.

hahaha, thats because in/flux is a 75 bpm track.. trust me. i counted it. its 75.5 or something, i love slow tight drumbreaks.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i love slow tight drumbreaks.

^ LOCATION ALERT