Can I get some feedback on a new track?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Its the normal shit you would expect from me, so those that are into that kind of shit can you take a listen and tell me what you think?Except this time around I don't want to hear "constructive criticism". If you like it then say so, but if you don't, call me a no-talent bitch or something. "adjust your snare" and shit like that is boring. Call it donkeybutt wack or something. Entertain me.OK, anyways, here you go: Saints And Sinners

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    You're like the new Fatboy Slim.

There. Happy now?

For real, your track on the Breakbeatraer is probably my fave of the lot although Still Jivin was the one that grabbed me immediately on account of the samples and shit. Your drum and percussion samples are the raddest.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I get my drums from easy listening/ lounge records (no lie).

I get my shoes from the mall (also no lie).

I read soulstrut. This much I know! And I am quite partial to big band funk and percussion styles... That reminds me, Diz, you ever see any Longines Symphonette records on the West Coast? They got some of the loungey

I read soulstrut. This much I know! And I am quite partial to big band funk and percussion styles... That reminds me, Diz, you ever see any Longines Symphonette records on the West Coast? They got some of the loungey

Really? I'll keep my eyes open.... I can't remember off the top of my head whether I see those records or not....

Most of them look like this and are 99% ass. But it only takes one heater to make it a worthwhile 4.99 Gemm purchase! I particularly like Soulful Strut, Last Tango, and Oye Como Va.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    There's one Longinettes that's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more bangin than that one called like Sound of the 70s or something.
    Dizzy, I didn't like it. Sorry.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    You're like the new Fatboy Slim.
    True it has that vibe which I'm not entirely fond of but the production is tight and it's a fun track. Thumbs up.

• the_jthe_j 49 Posts
    alot done. more to do.

• feelin the vibe, dizz.
    i mean, it's summer outside...yeeehaaa!
    neis drums.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    somebody needs to buy Sean Thomas some flowers

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    The pick up is a little slow, but it's only cause the break downs are so cool. Nice Work. You using "dirty" samplers?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    did it pass the driver's test yet ? (i.e. did you bump it in your car already ?)

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    ASS. all beats without the greatest hip hop instrument (THE EMCEE) is fucking garbage. It might as well be missing drums if there is no mc.

i'd argue that the DJ is the greatest hip hop instrument.

dizzy: dope as usual.

did it pass the driver's test yet ? (i.e. did you bump it in your car already ?)

No but I should. SeanThomas's reply was by far the most entertaining so far! You go girl!!!

• There's something incredible about a grown ass man making zany ass beats as a primary means of expression.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    fucking crap.

you need helicopter noises. lots of helicopter noises. big helicopters. mark my words, helicopter noises, WUPWUPWUPWUP, there, thats tha shit right there.
    get some wuppage in your pansyass music.

and not those stupid little helicopters with the bubble on the front neither, fucking badass attack helicopters WUP WUP WUP WUP fuck yeah, i can make the noise with my mouth.

helicopters rule.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    dope track, i liked the way you chopped the bass sounds. but it's a pretty famous drum breaks isn't it? which break is it?

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    dope track, i liked the way you chopped the bass sounds. but it's a pretty famous drum breaks isn't it? which break is it?

Seems you answered your first question with your second, Fred.

Dizzy, the big beat-y house style fits you like a well tailored suit my man. This is noice.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

this one

WUPWUPWUPWUP

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts

Seems you answered your first question with your second, Fred.

Dizzy, the big beat-y house style fits you like a well tailored suit my man. This is noice.

yo.. what do you mean?

this one

WUPWUPWUPWUP

Dude... THAT was funny.... You just beat sean!

I don't remember where the drums came from... But I'm pretty sure its from some shitty exploito knock off cover version of either 2001 or beethoven's 5th.....