Help : INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
WTF IS THIS? I never used that shit before...

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't think France has them for sending in USD. Not 100%, but never received one from there to here, never even the suggestion of such things has come up.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

It's a money order in a foreign currency.

Where you located?

I have bought them in UKP from a bank, and I believe the postal service will sell them for certain countries (in the USA, that is).

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    you can send an international money order via western union from france ...
    you can go to the post office (which is also a western union point) and send your money from here ... but i remember it's pretty expensive ...
    go to the french western union website and you ll have all the infos you need ...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    If someone is asking for an IMO, they're not asking for Western Union, although Western Union is nice, it's VERY expensive for the sender.

yes ... i was wrong
    maybe the french equivalent could be the mandat (postal) international ... ask to your bank or to the post office

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    bapt, make sure the postal money orders are negotiable in the country you're sending it to. i recieved a us postal money order once and it was negotiable in the US only! i had to send it back. i couldn't turn it in.
    western union is very expensive. just like money orders at the bank. around 15 euros! it's kinda sad that westernbid.com closed down. cheap and convenient.

try a direct transfer to the sellers bank account. should be cheaper than any money order. bank wire transfers are for free most of the times (within europe that is). a wire transfer to a us bank is still cheaper than a money order, i believe. you need some extra info though (IBAN and BIC number).

you should also make sure that the check (that is being given out in a money order) doesn't mean that the seller has to pay a fee to turn it in. some western union cheques cost 15 euros turning them in.

a safe but expensive way to pay would be a direct money order via western union. the seller can pick up the oney without any fee or delay at his western union office. you will need to send a password to the seller. and he needs to show his ID at his office (so make sure you're giving western union the full name of the seller). it will cost 15 euros though...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Thank you very much to you all for the answers and infos.

I already have send $$$ using WESTERN UNION but it's very expensive.

One point nobody seem to care about is the insurance/guaranty.
    I mean, why a seller choose not to use Paypal.

1??? The buyer pays the fees
    2??? The seller don't need to send the record(s)

YA SEE? I don't like it.

eBay ne recommande pas de recourir ?? des services de transfert d'argent imm??diat. Les vendeurs peuvent vous proposer cette option, mais ils ne peuvent pas vous l???imposer. Si vous pensez qu'un vendeur essaie de commettre une fraude en vous for??ant ?? effectuer un paiement par transfert d'argent imm??diat, refusez cette option et signalez le vendeur ?? eBay.

inconv??nients :

-Il est difficile d'identifier et de d??signer le destinataire.
    -Impossible de suivre le paiement.
    -D'une mani??re g??n??rale, aucun recours n'est possible lorsqu'un objet n'a pas ??t?? livr?? comme convenu, et ce m??me si vous avez pay?? par carte de cr??dit.
    -Non couvert par le Programme de protection pour les acheteurs sur eBay.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Tell him to register his ass for paypal , other ways of sending money to a private seller are

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Tell him to register his ass for paypal

done