World Cup OVERRATED!?!

2»

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    PS: there are hot chicks in the other World Cup thread.

well i'll see you in the other thread then!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    World Cup over rated? Over rated is baseball on TV. I like going to games and playing. But I can never watch it on TV.

I watched a show the other night where people in North America have been programmed not to like soccer for the most part. Well, not just football, but rugby and cricket. It all comes from pushing away anything british after independence.

Maybe it's because I've travelled a bit in my life or growing up in a very multi-cultural city. But IMO, there is nothing like the world cup or the parties that go along with it.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I watched a show the other night where people in the UK have been programmed not to like baseball for the most part. Well, not just baseball, but basketball and football. It all comes from pushing away anything american after independence.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I watched a show the other night where people in the UK have been programmed not to like baseball for the most part. Well, not just baseball, but basketball and football. It all comes from pushing away anything american after independence.

When I lived in london I went to a few basketball games. They were terds. Why would one replace cricket with baseball? And football over Rugby? Only gurls wear pads...

I KEED I KEED!!!

I grew up playing and watching everything. Been to pro & amature sport games all over the world. Including the super bowl, world series and the stanley cup. I just think the world cup brings the world. Not just two cities.

But whatever. Why make a post saying the world cup is over rated when you don't like the sport? Thats like me making a post saying folk music is overrated... The point is moot and it dun mean shit.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    In hockey, Europeans play with no grit & dive all the time. The world cup of soccer just celebrates that unique form of gamesmanship. Snore.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    although i only watch soccer in terms of the world cup, i gotta say is straight out demolishes any championship in any sport for intensity...cmon, every country is involved in a leveled playing field

soccer is practically the one sport any nation can play. third world country, whatever. all u need is a ball. therefore every nation has an equal chance. can't think of too many other sports where u dont need additional conditions, resources climates just to play the damn thing.

yeah the diving sucks, but if that's all u want to see, then that's what you're gonna see.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Only gurls wear pads...

Pads didn't help this guy...

WARNING: This video is really terrible and you shouldn't watch it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    World Cup over rated? Over rated is baseball on TV. I like going to games and playing. But I can never watch it on TV.

I watched a show the other night where people in North America have been programmed not to like soccer for the most part. Well, not just football, but rugby and cricket. It all comes from pushing away anything british after independence.

Maybe it's because I've travelled a bit in my life or growing up in a very multi-cultural city. But IMO, there is nothing like the world cup or the parties that go along with it.

Trust me, no cares about soccer or cricket or rugby because we already have dozens of high level pro-sports that occupy the majority of our waking hours.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Whatever happened to SlamBall?

I saw Dodge Neon racing on ESPN once.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    soccer is practically the one sport any nation can play. third world country, whatever. all u need is a ball. therefore every nation has an equal chance. can't think of too many other sports where u dont need additional conditions, resources climates just to play the damn thing.

[reynaldo]you sound poor[/reynaldo]

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Ha, it's hysterical that even this type of thread turns into a dick measuring contest on the stut. TESTOSTERONE OVERLOAD. All sports take a hell of a lot of skill to play at the top level.

I would suggest that the real reason Americans can't get into 'Soccer' is because you have the complete inability to concentrate for 45 whole minutes without someone directly trying to sell you something in a commercial every five minutes. Also, the lack of breaks in play mean that you don't have the opportunity to get up and go to the fridge an get a wiener or corn dog or whatever it is you eat over there every coupla minutes.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Ha, it's hysterical that even this type of thread turns into a dick measuring contest on the stut. TESTOSTERONE OVERLOAD. All sports take a hell of a lot of skill to play at the top level.

I would suggest that the real reason Americans can't get into 'Soccer' is because you have the complete inability to concentrate for 45 whole minutes without someone directly trying to sell you something in a commercial every five minutes. Also, the lack of breaks in play mean that you don't have the opportunity to get up and go to the fridge an get a wiener or corn dog or whatever it is you eat over there every coupla minutes.

haha! you're right!

time-outs in american sports are just as ridiculous as injury time in soccer.
    football, baseball and basketball are full of breaks and time outs. commercial breaks all over.

but basketball is more intersting to watch than soccer!
    and i have to agree, soccer players are crybabies. i wish they would get a yellow card each time the pretend to be hurt. kinda unfair.

but how can you hate on the world cup. the whole world is watching and there are so many fans being interested in it. 250,000 people watching the game at one(!!!) fan area in berlin.

all the guys playing soccer or tennis at my american high school were called gay by the girls. i could never understand that.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

but how can you hate on the world cup. the whole world is watching and there are so many fans being interested in it. 250,000 people watching the game at one(!!!) fan area in berlin.

good point! yesterday there were approximately even 500.000 (nearly half of them female - that??s where you can find the hot chicks, live and direct) and the atmosphere was

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

haha! you're right!

time-outs in american sports are just as ridiculous as injury time in soccer.
    football, baseball and basketball are full of breaks and time outs. commercial breaks all over.

that's what killed most/all of the sports here for me
    after attending a few redskin games & almost 20 years of gamecock football,
    all the "technical" timeouts drove me nuts,
    destroying any momentum to the game
    now that every darn college game is broadcast
    the tv ad breaks are unbearable to me
    (if i wanted that pace. i'd go to a baseball game)
    tv broadcasting has ruined live sports events in the us
    it is a miracle that abc/espn is broadcasting the cup games without commercial time outs

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Soccer is the free jazz of the sports world.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Lame SPORT!

Lame post of the year.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts