who the hell is RANDY RICE....Private Rare Folk??

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
so I found this very left field Private Folk record a few days ago..Artist is Randy Rice, seems to be out of Chicago. Back cover o' the Lp claims only 500 pressed...Some nice folk, and some moments of some SERIOUSly messed up Psych. Song titles are bent as wellAlso...I have no idea why the images are so damn big...blame tinypic...Anyone know this dude???? [/img] [/img] [/img]

Comments

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    nobody knows this???

Rockadelic Rich??? AP ???

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Check your PM...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    wow, that looks incredible

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Aaron,
    never had this one but have heard about it.....here is what my buddy Patrick "The Lama" says about it on his website.....I've seen it in the $300 range.

Nice score....

Very obscure double LP from talented but troubled hippie-folk/singer-songwriter guy with a lot of interesting aspects. You needn't look hard to see the demons in the guy's skull, as pleasant Lennonesque songs open doors into hateful lyrics knocking rednecks, feminists, vicious mothers, America, religion, his phony friends, and pretty much everything else until the meaning of "loner" folk shines bright and clear like an aura around his head. Some songs bring in a full rock band with howling feedback guitars a la One St Stephen, and there are also spoken bits with bad coffeehouse jokes, interviews with people on the street, and diary confessions probably from his mom's basement. References to Watergate and Vietnam send you right back to 1974. As far as loner/downer 2LP sets go, this is surprisingly strong and varied, with a good soaring voice, atmospheric recording and inventive arrangements and playing, mostly guitar, some with piano. References to babies and parenthood provide an unusual documentary feel. As a peek into an unknown guy's reality this is quite successful and clearly above average for the genre

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Thanks sooooo much Rich.

Definitely helps out. This record really is all that was described!! The guy certainly had talent, and a very left field sense of ideas. I actually quiet liked it.

Can you tell me the name of the web site that your friend runs. I'd like to check it out.

Again, Thanks so much for the info.

Cheers,

Aaron