the official "hate on an expensive record" thread

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
TMG's "The Hatch"what a sloppy-ass hunka shit

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Tarkus, peruvian psych raer. I don't have it, but I listen to the mp3s just for fun. The singer is pure comedy.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Carlos Franzetti: Graffiti (Guinness) LP

Tepid jazz funk terd that's somehow been found by a few friends as well as myself despite the overall rarity of Guinness titles. Euro & Japanese cats pay silly money for it.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Os Mutantes LPs for $200 - sorry but it just isn't THAT good.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

They don't go nearly that high (disregarding the couple of exceptions, hell I've seen Tower of Power records go for $130 on the 'bay)

But I was under the impression this thread was for hating the music on unreasonably expensive records, not hating the price on good records

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

They don't go nearly that high (disregarding the couple of exceptions, hell I've seen Tower of Power records go for $130 on the 'bay)

But I was under the impression this thread was for hating the music on unreasonably expensive records, not hating the price on good records

Hate is a strong word. I don't "hate" Os Mutantes, I just don't think they are that good.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Os Mutantes S/T is an easy sell at $150... hate it or love it the record is incredible and there is high demand.

Sabadabada as much as I personally like a lot of the "square" bossa shit you're into thos records are much tougher sells

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Anything on the Fable Label.

• TMG's "The Hatch"
    what a sloppy-ass hunka shit

Man, I LOVE That record! I know I'll never own a copy....

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    TMG's "The Hatch"

I know you are a hammond freak...but doesnt the drumming and outta tune horns drive you a little crazy?

• TMG's "The Hatch"

I know you are a hammond freak...but doesnt the drumming and outta tune horns drive you a little crazy?

I think that's what I like about it. Like 'The Grunt' by the JB's, it sounds like it was played by crazy/drunk people...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    East of Underground.

Yeah I said it!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Tarkus, peruvian psych raer. I don't have it, but I listen to the mp3s just for fun. The singer is pure comedy.

Here, listen to my man from Tarkus

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Man? More like

???

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    never really thought much of this

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    East of Underground.

Yeah I said it!

co-sign.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Cool - who has Starcrost for me?

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts

Cool - who has Starcrost for me?

Depending on what you will pay and if it's the 45 you want (is there an lp?) i might be your guy, have it and like it but not THAT much..

/L

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    there's a lp, the 45 you have has a non lp track on the a-side, while the flip is on the album. Personally I am feeling starcrost, extremely. 47x & steam heat, not really.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Really? That's a dope record right there!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Starcrost

Yup, I said Starcrost!

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

i agree, i had that record on my ipod for about 2 years, i recently deleted it forever...so snoozy like an easy listening record...save yourself 500 dollars and buy that living jazz record...

some more shit

dewolfe-afro rock
    dewolfe-big beat
    billy brooks (one tracker)
    les demerle-spectrum
    mohawks-the champ

this is too easy probably half the 100+ dollar records just straight up suck...

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

dull...every tune sounding the same.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

dewolfe-afro rock

great record. at least, you gotta say that the musicians are pretty good. i love the afro rock.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    les demerle-spectrum

cosign, one of the only times I was happy with a reish, just for the opening track...wouldn't pay 100 for this one...

also this

nice jazz, yes, but it doesn't even have a break and why is it so expensive? Raer?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/rare-soul-funk-OG-Sa...1QQcmdZViewItem

I mean it's good, but for the price, it's not that good.

• Options

i agree, i had that record on my ipod for about 2 years, i recently deleted it forever...so snoozy like an easy listening record...save yourself 500 dollars and buy that living jazz record...

some more shit

dewolfe-afro rock
    dewolfe-big beat
    billy brooks (one tracker)
    les demerle-spectrum
    mohawks-the champ

this is too easy probably half the 100+ dollar records just straight up suck...

Dave, i agree with you on the Afro Rock - wouldn't pay $40 for that kief....Mohawks OG LP however slams pretty hard. I'm not even a big organ LP guy and I like some tracks on the LP. Don't know if I drop market value dough on it...luckily I live in the right city where I need not worry about it.

K.

• Options
    ...and I like "The HAtch", too.

K.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Dave, i agree with you on the Afro Rock - wouldn't pay $40 for that kief....

i don't know... afro rock is still great. you should listen to it again. it's a good record.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    beginning of the end- super woman
    cosign gentle rain...although lonely jelly is damn good
    pazant bros LP
    grodeck whipperjenny
    solomon king stk
    violence stk

dave,id have to say mohawks lives up to the price. "beat me till im blue" slams as hard as anything

• Options
    "beat me till im blue" slams as hard as anything

Ditto. Don't need to listen to Afro Rock again. Not a huge library fan overall. Weaksauce.

K.