?uestlove's Record Library

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    but does he have sounds of the junk yard?

• Options
    Canada became it's own country. My relative had a pet rock.

K.

• SoulificSoulific 103 Posts
    Finally. I learned something about record collecting on this forum:

1. ?uestlove and me categorize records the same way plus we collect the same styles.
    2. spending 300 bucks on one record is stupid. (so i payed 45 for headless heroes two years ago)
    3. ?uestlove says bootlegs are cool. (naw, on thisone)
    4. as far as i can tell i own pretty much the same records as ?uestlove does
    5. i need a sister to organize my collection

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what was this shot for?

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    Is it me or is ?uestlove semi stupid?

Dood clames to have 5 "record agents" seeking out not only the records that Jay Dee sampled but the complete discography of artists Jay Dee sampled. Just incase Jay "missed a sample".

Could Brother Question be the biggest little dood?

How do I get a job as Questlove's record agent?
    Duderonomy

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    what was this shot for?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Countdown to another mention on Okayplayer begins......

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Dood clames to have 5 "record agents" seeking out not only the records that Jay Dee sampled but the complete discography of artists Jay Dee sampled. Just incase Jay "missed a sample".

How do I get a job as Questlove's record agent?

What a waste of money.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    what was this shot for?

For about five minutes too long.

Whenever I hear a record dude describe their personal filing system as "a little different," that's when I reach for my revolver.

"That's cool, but Rubber Soul is the better album."

Oh, put a pick in it, dude.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not that I watched this bullschitt, but the dude is not shy about the fact that he is the consummate fanboy--which would make it difficult for me to take his music seriously even were any of it ever to pique my interest.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    what was this shot for?

For a Scion internet ad campaign over a year ago. King Britt had a spot too, that documented him getting his drivers license and then riding off in Sci-Style.

Then I saw him at the Amtrak station and greeted him with egg McMuffin stuck in his beard.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Not that I watched this bullschitt, but the dude is not shy about the fact that he is the consummate fanboy--which would make it difficult for me to take his music seriously even were any of it ever to pique my interest.

so musicians that are fans of music do not please the king of soulstrut?

how does Pimp C feel about his product?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    how does Pimp C feel about his product?

He likes music, but prefers pimping.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    what was this shot for?

For about five minutes too long.

For a Scion internet ad campaign over a year ago.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is it me or does that "$300 cracked Eugene McDaniels" look like an English re-pop?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    sorry Pete Rock "jacked a great portion of" the 9th creation?

dude sounds sooooo jealous.

this is not fair. he inherited his parents' record collection, who were in a 70s soul group.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    jacked

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Is it me or does that "$300 cracked Eugene McDaniels" look like an English re-pop?

yeah, atlantic stopped the black label in 1960 or so. That def wasnt a US OG.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

yeah, atlantic stopped the black label in 1960 or so. That def wasnt a US OG.

Who will take it upon themselves and the SoulStrut Record Police community to break this news on www.okayplayer.com ?

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    this is not fair. he inherited his parents' record collection, who were in a 70s soul group.

wait, who are Questlove's parents? (or do you mean Pet Rock)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Pet Rock

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

wait, who are Questlove's parents?

hey C***** I think they were in that group Congress Alley...

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    oh ok, thanks man, i didn't know that

....by Questlove, in the clip that started this thread. watch it. it's good for a laugh.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    This was posted here about a year ago. That was most def a reissue of headless heroes he was holding. He needs to step his record game up & start posting on soulstrut.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ahmir's dad is Lee Andrews of Lee Andrews & The Hearts.

• maybe not a mighty collectro, but seems like a good guy. anyone go to his current party at club fluid? how is it?

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    First comment in the youtube comments section
    " He wont listen to all of them, So whats the point?"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dood is living a very nice life; successful musician, dilettante and collectro with his own custom built vinyl library tended by family. I have to admit, I am jealous