stupid shit people in record stores say

13»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    After reading all of these posts, I have come to the conclusion that if I had ever worked in a record store, I would shoot myself in the face (one month into the job).

depends on the store.

it's more fun to talk about the annoying shit i guess, but i loved working at record stores. i didn't work anywhere too big or strict, so we never had to listen to anything shitty and for every person who was totally aggravating, there were two more who loved music, were totally open to suggestions and taught me something new. i especially liked the folks who would come in with their kids who were obviously used to waiting around on their parent(s) looking through music and would nod/dance while they walked around or sat around in the stroller.

word. Although I am used to making a HELLUVA lot more money at my old Sports Medicine gig, working at the record shop is the best job I have ever had. There isnt a day I wake up that I dont want to come into work. I get to spend all day with records... researching them, selling them, buying them, listening to them...meeting music legends, meeting crazy as shit people that make you laugh, etc. I have chosen to live on less money just so I can have a job that I really love.

Damn. This makes me wish I hadn't quit "the game."
    The part about waking up everyday actually wanting to go
    to work is so true, and what I miss the most about those days.

I just got tired of people calling me up "hey we're all going out to ----
    for dinner, are you down?" and me pulling out the contents of my pockets,
    looking at the nickel & the nail, and having to say "sorry, I...um...have plans..."

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    The other day I was flipping through some 45's and this trashy couple come in and she leans toward him and says "I'm gonna get some Nazareth!" Was it stupid? No, but it was classic...

While were on the subject, anyone got a on some Nazereth?

tjames