New Beyonce and Jay-Z

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Deja Vu.Wtf happened? That Xtina joint is sounding real good now.

Comments

• the beat is allright, has nice bounce and rhythm to it, but that cheezy ass smooth jazz synth horn shit, whatever it is almost completely ruins it for me after the jay-z's first verse

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Im certainly not the biggest Beyonce fan or that group she was in so my opinion means nothing, but that was awful.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

Word, a lot better and more tasteful than that Aguilera joint (not that there's real reason to compare the two). Jay's verses, however average for him, never hurt either.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude, Jay's verses were not "average". I think the word you're looking for is "terrible."

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Dude, Jay's verses were not "average". I think the word you're looking for is "terrible."

On second listen, yeah, definitely sub-par. However, his verse on "Crazy In Love" wasn't that much better, and I never heard too many people complaining.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    man I sure hope that this does not go huge this summer. ringtones and all that. this is a terd.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Sounds like a Beyonce wannabe trying to emulate the Beyonce sound with a second rung producer. Needs more bop and less pop.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Lyrics + chorus + Jay's rhymes =

Happy horn fusion cheesefunk beat =

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Sounds like a Beyonce wannabe trying to emulate the Beyonce sound with a second rung producer. Needs more bop and less pop.

Didn't Rodney Jerkins do this? It sounds like something he had left over from the sessions for Michael Jackson's "Unsellable". It ain't bad, but it's not particularly distinguished either.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Where's the Rich Harrison single?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Where's the Rich Harrison single?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the second single will be a Rich Harrison joint.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    ya'll are trippin the ladies are gonna go nuts over this. the beat is dope. I liked the little mix in of B.T. Express, ha.

and c'mon it doesn't matter what Jay says at this point, all he has to do is be on the track. I mean his concert in New York sold out in waht 90 seconds?

THe beginning is kinda whack though... bass... 808...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    doo doo butter

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Happy horn fusion cheesefunk beat =

As a modern soul dude, I can say I kinda dig this track, brass stabz 'n' all.

SG

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    this track is very average, doesn't mean ladies in the club won't be feeling it

I'm gonna mark up the times and just drop the jay verses.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    If this were on a record with a guy's dripping curl on Capitol 1983 folls would be sweating it. Shit is tight.

I like Rich Harrison too but you guys seem to be looking for that cookie cutter shit and I can't really support that

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    ya'll are trippin the ladies are gonna go nuts over this. the beat is dope. I liked the little mix in of B.T. Express, ha.

and c'mon it doesn't matter what Jay says at this point, all he has to do is be on the track. I mean his concert in New York sold out in waht 90 seconds?

I second this motion.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    that beat is real nice! a truly good look for a track this commercial

• Is the bassline an interpolation of something? The bridge sounds a lot like MJ's "I Can't Help It", but I don't recognize the main figure. I had a friend hit me up asking and he swears it's based on a disco record he can't place.

I'd , but that's useless for actually learning anything.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Me and a homie were just talking about how Modern Soul/disco/boogie shit is gonna be the next trendy sound in hip hop.

That said, this is that

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I likes.

-e

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    If this were on a record with a guy's dripping curl on Capitol 1983 folls would be sweating it.

Exactly.

I was also thinking it sounds like a mid-90s neo-soul release. And considering Young_Phonics' endorsement is present and accounted for, I don't think that comparison is too off the mark.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Man... from what I read here I was expecting to really hate this song. I'm not mad at it though. Just because it sounds different from anything else that's supposed to be hot right now. I have my doubts about it being a big hit, just because it is so different and your average nimrod is resistant to something that ain't the same ol' same. But maybe it'll set a new trend, who knows.
    Listened to it three times while typing this... sounds better each time. Maybe it could be a hit.

• Seriously, this shit is kinda nice. Is this out on vinyl yet?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

I like the song but Jay really didn't need to be on it.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Me and a homie were just talking about how Modern Soul/disco/boogie shit is gonna be the next trendy sound in hip hop.

That said, this is that

2007= AR Music the album experience. Got three beats done for it.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Reminds me of the 12" mix of Buffalo Girls by Neneh Cherry.
    I like this song. Good club circa 1am floor-fodder.