JOHN CARRARO ON STARK REALITY

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
pt. 1

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    oh shit!!! thanks for this Phill, haven't seen John in a good many years but by reports he is doing well.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    thats a funny show. are there other episodes?
    part 2 cut out after two minutes of head nodding. was there more?

kind of funny that they film the dudes listening to music. so low budget, its allright.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I saw another episode on youtube a couple weeks ago. I'll try and find it.
    Good shit, Phill.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Here it is:

And by the way, Allen Rouse has some dope videos.

wassup day!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Tony tone what's good my dude? I'm laying in the cut

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    john pingry in new hampshire.
    i think i was at his crib a couple years ago. raided the attic in his barn. hot as fuck. forgot what i grabbed. he let me check out his collection, and i couldnt even recollect the insane shit he showed me.
    he was telling me about how he sold records to pete rock and large professor and all these other producers.

thats a nerdy ass show, but i was dissapointed when he didnt get to the other records on the table. i = nerdy ass dude.

day,im good. plotting shit while on a short vacation. plottting some of my coworkers downfalls. hate to say it, but . kids first.

i think i was at his crib a couple years ago. raided the attic in his barn. hot as fuck. forgot what i grabbed. he let me check out his collection, and i couldnt even recollect the insane shit he showed me.
    he was telling me about how he sold records to pete rock and large professor and all these other producers.

he still had heat?
    i think he showed up at a record show in philly with seald records and i got a nancy priddy for ten off him. maybe it was a different new england dude.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

he still had heat?
    i think he showed up at a record show in philly with seald records and i got a nancy priddy for ten off him. maybe it was a different new england dude.

i think they were his private collection. this was three years ago.

• montymonty 420 Posts

kind of funny that they film the dudes listening to music. so low budget, its allright.

DJ Soulero does this 28 minute public access TV show "Rare Groove Revolution" every Tuesday at 2 AM in NY.

he also does two radio shows on WHPC 90.3 FM - "Lyrics To Go" (Saturdays at 3am & 1:30pm), and "Rare Groove Session" (Saturdays at 12am)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i kinda regret selling my copy. i want it back!!!

• montymonty 420 Posts

heh..... even the guy who put the videos on YouTube bought a CD from my store

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

flimsy reissues!

• montymonty 420 Posts

flimsy reissues!

nononono NEVER reissued (and even some never issued)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

flimsy reissues!

nononono NEVER reissued (and even some never issued)

i need records. vinyl records. original vinyl records. original rare near mint vinyl records with gatefold covers. original rare near mint double vinyl records with gatefold covers and great cover art. i prefer laminated covers.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    yeah, understand - can't help you there

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

DJ Soulero does this 28 minute public access TV show "Rare Groove Revolution" every Tuesday at 2 AM in NY.

he also does two radio shows on WHPC 90.3 FM - "Lyrics To Go" (Saturdays at 3am & 1:30pm), and "Rare Groove Session" (Saturdays at 12am)
    Phill,
    wasn't there a snippet of an interview w/ Soulero and yourself on Philadelphia Beat Mission?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i need records. vinyl records. original vinyl records. original rare near mint vinyl records with gatefold covers. original rare near mint double vinyl records with gatefold covers and great cover art. i prefer laminated covers.

What ever happened to music?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

What ever happened to music?

music sucks.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Phill,
    wasn't there a snippet of an interview w/ Soulero and yourself on Phill[/b]adelphia Beat Mission?

That would be correct.