A MESSAGE FROM THE NEXT CHILD PRODIGY DIGGER

2»

Comments

• Next time at the flea, pick up anything with the words Andy Williams on the cover. You can never go wrong.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    To young cat (potential hoax nonwithstanding):

1. Buy a portable record player. This will save you time and money, regardless of D battery expense.
    2. Don't let anyone tell you what you should like.

2.1: You should like Sam Cooke. No, really: Sam Cooke.

When I was a kid we didn't have internets, and we didn't use portable record players. If something looked interesting we bought it... And we liked it damnit.

That's how I discovered Sam Cooke. I was the guy who found Sam Cooke and turned all the other record collectors onto him.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I want my 70s fast-paced rare music.

this is the exact phrase I use when I walk into a record store

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i hate profiling...but this 14 + 1 kid has some decent writing skills for his age, i know i didn't then.

when i was 14, i was buying records and had better grammar skills than i do now...

yeah, i heard there was supposed to be a decent store in new bedford, never been...

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Get a portable if you don't have the loot to take a chance on wax... In a few years if you keep hitting the thrifts and swaps hard you'll have some cool stuff, don't waste your time looking for rarers there's plenty of other crap that's slept on.... Pay Dues doggie that's all you can do in this game... Actually maybe you should start digging for rare CD's?