Newban 1 wanted

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited May 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I know this is probably a longshot (who would want to trade with a lil' dude like me anyway ?) Newban 1 wanted. No needed ! Original pressing obviously.I have a copy of King Herbert and the Knights for trade, Edith Hill, other stuff.dave

Comments

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    Or I should say Newban-S/T. Not 1.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Get at me: [email]dsbrooks@uvm.edu[/email]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dave outvof curiousity what is it about this album thats so appealing?

Oh and I'm sorry for sleeping on that E.R.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    "this is a mint reissue"

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    "this is a mint reissue"

oh shit! Dude wasn't even trying to make it a secret. Something tells me that wasn't there when I put it in auction snipe. Feelin' a bit better about it now!

• the reissue sound the same and the graphics/label/sleeve are done to perfection(japanese reissue)

re: the appeal of this record. well, it is just fucking incredible. heartfelt fem vox w/ group vox backing, overtop of jazzy funky arrangements. a rare groovish sound but just a bit heavier...

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    dave, i heard theres a shop in tokyo called GUINESS records that has all the original releases sealed in stock. maybe someone in japan knows more. stein. .

dave, i heard theres a shop in tokyo called GUINESS records that has all the original releases sealed in stock. maybe someone in japan knows more. stein. .

paging DJ Sheep maybe ?

dave

nobody?

99 problems didn't work out.

• hyderNZhyderNZ 57 Posts
    Ive got a near mint original copy which comes in a plain white cover with "Newban s/t guiness records 1977" written on the front. PM me if youre interested

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    the reissue sound the same and the graphics/label/sleeve are done to perfection(japanese reissue)

re: the appeal of this record. well, it is just fucking incredible. heartfelt fem vox w/ group vox backing, overtop of jazzy funky arrangements. a rare groovish sound but just a bit heavier...

Is the good sounding, Japanese reissue you're talking about the same one that is currently being sold at DGA? I'm kinda weary about buying reissue LPs after being burned by some absolutely horrible sounding reissues/boots recently.

SG

BUMP!

Is this reish worth getting (i.e. does it not sound like it were *remastered* in a cave)?

Lil' dude awaits a response.

SG

• I don't know what the sound quality is like on the original but it's definitely not great on the reissue. They did a nice job reproducing the jacket but the record itself sounds a little muddy or something. Great music though.

I don't know what the sound quality is like on the original but it's definitely not great on the reissue. They did a nice job reproducing the jacket but the record itself sounds a little muddy or something. Great music though.

Thanks a lot! Getting kinda tired of picking up bad sounding reish...

SG