Post An Idiotic Amazon Review

NeverEnoughMoneyNeverEnoughMoney 300 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
0 of 9 people found the following review helpful:Maybe I'm just Lame?, December 20, 2004Reviewer: Joseph P. Mcguinness "chief buddha: the psychedelic samurai" (charleston, sc United States) - See all my reviews I just wasn't feeling this album at all. I don't know much soul music. I'm probably limited to marvin gaye, bobbie humphrey, early funkadelic, yeah that's actually about it. I love all those groups/artists. This was just weak to me. The poetry was not as biting as I expected and it all sounded kinda sappy and preachy. I sold my copy after 2 listens. The title track is great, "revolution" would have been great if I hadn't heard it rehashed a million times before, "lady day and john coltrane" was ok, I think there was one more decent track near the end. Not reccomended for new generations. I don't think it has aged well. I would stick with Marvin Gaye for this type of music. I still have hope for "Small talk" which I have not heard yet and which seems to be regarded as rawwer, but I decided to start with this release and was just disappointed.Was this review helpful to you? (Report this) __________________________________________________________________________________Yes, you are lame. If you find "Home Is Where The Hatred Is" and "The Prisoner" to be sappy, you need to learn to clean out your ears. I can only imagine dude was not listening. I don't know how anyone can go around thinking "Home Is Where The Hatred Is" is not one of the rawest, most painful songs around. And honestly, is it Gil Scott-Heron's fault that you've heard his song rehashed a million times. Is that really a good reason to not like a song? Honestly, Gil Scott-Heron > Marvin Gaye.

Comments