Xtian private press

LuckyLaneLuckyLane 35 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
A consignment/antique shop near me (actually closer to a perpetual garage sale housed indoors) has boxes and boxes and boxes of private press xtian LPs, some with seriously laughable cover art. I had a bunch in my hand one day just for the chuckles, but ended up putting them back as I knew I'd never actually listen to them.This kinda stuff ever worth anything?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Are they just the novelty type - ugly white family gospel, sermons, etc? Some of the seriously fucked up disabled people ones sell for decent money, but for the most part they're just good for laughs. Some of the actually good records can be very deceptive looking though.

• LuckyLaneLuckyLane 35 Posts
    ugly white family gospel

Largely of this type, yeah. A black and white 1960's picture of a military-haircut guy in a suit standing next to his overweight beehived wife in front of a rural church, listing 10 tracks of variations on the "Lord Is My Shepherd" theme.

Next time I'm in there I'll keep an eye out for cripple-raer.

thanx

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    How much do all of them cost?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    ugly white family gospel

Largely of this type, yeah. A black and white 1960's picture of a military-haircut guy in a suit standing next to his overweight beehived wife in front of a rural church, listing 10 tracks of variations on the "Lord Is My Shepherd" theme.

OK - yeah, I have a few spots that have this stuff for dazyzzzzz and I've yet to find anything of this variety that is anything but absolutely godawful. the people on these covers however are awesome though. haha!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Bee-Hive Hair Raer is the next big thang!!!

No Charge

• LuckyLaneLuckyLane 35 Posts
    How much do all of them cost?

buck a pop, I think.