ATTN: pookeyblow: WTF dude?

2»

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    post that soundclip or you're soft.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You: 17 year old disco-rap fiend building your e-collection

Am I the only one who doubts that pookey is the 17 year old that he (for whatever reason) claims to be?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    post that soundclip or you're soft.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Enough piling on: I think he gets the point.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Here's the thing - he can post a clip of the noisiest part of the record and I will not doubt that it's noisy. I visually grade most records and I have canned descriptions of each grade that accurately reflects 95% of records. It's an imperfect method sure. But, let's say I'd graded this NM- or VG++ (this is a clean record) and the description had said possible noise - would pookyblow not have bid? He didn't even know what this record was. Should I have an essay on the history of private press records pasted to the bottom of my auctions? This is stupid...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i agree... what some people call "surface noise" is really just static... and i've had brand new sealed records play with static... perfect records don't exist.

maybe he should be buying CDs instead.

perfect records don't exist.

maybe he should be buying CDs instead.

hahaha! It's true though. And when dealing in budget/indie/private shit you really have to expect less than desireable sound quality. I've even learned to enjoy it.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    and if i may just add one more thing... and i'll be done.

if as of lately so many people have been selling him crappy condition records or whatever... why is it that cup-o-pizza is the first to receive negative feedback??? he seemed pretty damn pleased with everything else he's bought according to the feedback he's left for all these 'other sellers that have pissed him off by not selling records as described'... almost seems like a conspiracy. i seriously wanted to laugh when he said "this record is useless". hope everything works out somehow.

almost seems like a conspiracy

Paging JLR

• The exact reason why I try to play grade everything I list, even if only momentarily. Better to avoid the problem beforehand...

hi Jeff!

The exact reason why I try to play grade everything I list, even if only momentarily. Better to avoid the problem beforehand...

hi Jeff!

haha! hey dude.

yeah, I can't argue with this logic.

I told the Pookyman I would be be more than willing to work out a partial refund - I do this for any unsatisfied buyer. Hopefully he removes the feedback.

• I never understand it when a customer impulsively leaves nasty feedback without even contacting the seller. Every one of my few neg. feedbacks could have been easily resolved without incident. Hope you all work it on out.

How's the Healdsburg Sally's?

How's the Healdsburg Sally's?

Dakarific, dude!

• How's the Healdsburg Sally's?

Dakarific, dude!

J*ff, you better get your spots locked down over the next few weeks. I'm going to be in your general area next month and I'll have a lot of time on my hands.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    WHEN YOU DIS HASSETT YOU DIS YOURSELF

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    almost seems like a conspiracy

Paging JLR

Well, I hate to see an honest seller like Crink getting pookeyblowed like that. And of course this is clearly a conspiracy.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    One time I got a package from crink containing a bonus private boner. It had vg+ surface noise so I left him neutral feedback. Our relationship has never been the same.

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    and if i may just add one more thing... and i'll be done.

if as of lately so many people have been selling him crappy condition records or whatever... why is it that cup-o-pizza is the first to receive negative feedback??? he seemed pretty damn pleased with everything else he's bought according to the feedback he's left for all these 'other sellers that have pissed him off by not selling records as described'... almost seems like a conspiracy. i seriously wanted to laugh when he said "this record is useless". hope everything works out somehow.

because the other sellers are threatening me and keep telling me that If I leave them negative, they will also do the same.. and at the same time they email me: "As far as negative feedback is concerned, I strongly recommend that you review eBay policies. Go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html. Threatening to leave negative feedback is considered feedback extortion. If you refer to the examples, you will see that the rules apply to both buyers and sellers. I will comply with eBay policies and will satisfy you in accordance with my terms as stated in the listing. I am a member of Square Trade which is an outside service that eBay endorses to resolve disputes. In almost all instances, Square Trade is the only institution with the power to remove negative feedback for an eBay member."

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    and the NEGATIVE FEEDBACK is now removed.

• because the other sellers are threatening me[/b] and keep telling me that If I leave them negative, they will also do the same..

Wrong reason.

So you left Crink a negative because he didnt threaten you? I sure hope you retract the neg. you left hem and the bizarre statement quoted above.

You're a lightweight...
    You're fired!

• LuckyLaneLuckyLane 35 Posts
    A lot of folks get all unnecessarily worked up and asshurt over the negative feedback thing. Yeah, it's kinda a bitch when you feel you've fulfilled your side of a transaction and the other party takes a swipe at you...but on the real, is it worth getting your blood boiled over? For example, C-O-P has a rating of 783/99.7%. I would not think twice about buying something from somebody with that kind of reputation. And if someone else gave him negative feedback, his rating would drop to...99.7% probably, maybe 99.6%. Still I've got no problem buying from him. In my experience, the relatively tiny percentage of transactions that end up getting you an unjustified negative feedback is just the cost of doing business, so why generate hate sweating if folks are trying to feedback-blackmail you or whatever. Just use the "feedback reply" on your side if necessary to explain yourself and move on to the next buyer/seller, who will likely be more honest.

I'm not saying it isn't worth quarrelling over the quality of the product bought/sold, I'm just saying people get all caught up in trying to protect a tenth of a percentage point or something without putting into perspective that it means nothing in the real world. A slightly less than perfect eBay rating is not the same as your neighbors thinking you're a theif. This is the internet, it's nothing personal.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I've been thinking about feedback for a while. I decided to start leaving random negative feedback on Ebay. There's randomness in life, so I don't see why Ebay should be a safe place for everyone. I imagine an instant payer, quiet, audiophile, japanese collector entering his Ebay account to find a "Asked for pedophile material to be mailed with his record. Not recommended" negative. I see his face in my dreams.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    this situation reminds me of a similiar situation i had recently...i sold this Jeffrey Turpin 12" to some guy in italy for $70...i had no idea it was going to go that high. i had graded visually, it looked nm. he gets it and says it has surface noise. i tell him that it's a pressing issue but he doesn't care...he says you have to grade aurally, not visually. as in, just because it's a jamaican (or in this case trinidadian) record and it looks NM but sounds much worse...how do you grade it? i guess you have to find a middle ground. say it's NM but has some surface noise becuase of pressing flaws? it's not like you can ever take the other route and say...visually it's G+ but plays VG+ which can sometimes happen...no buyer would be happy with a record that looks bad but plays good...but they seem to not like records that look good but play bad.

on the feedback issue...it's true, you shouldn't get worked over it. i have the same feedback as cup o pizza...some negatives here and there adding up to a sub-100 rating...it's only a big deal when you get the first negatory. but then i see people like pearson with 6,000+ feedback and it's ALL positive! he must have some connections high up at ebay and get's any negatives cleared. or he's just that good....probably the latter.