ebay is really starting to burn my ass...

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
emails like this are just to much! Hello there Anthony I am Raul and buy from ebay and Item from you I want to explain what happen really I lose my job and I can pay you on time I know the everytime the contact to me I told you the money is underway but the truth is I told you this to keep this Item for me and by the time I told you this I already lose my job so a lot thindg came at the same time the I don't know where to go and the only thing the I want right now is clear this matter with you and ebay so please erase this strike from my account so if in the future I want to by something from ebay I have my account back you know my friend I feel very sorry for all this and I hope you help me with this ok so thanks a lot and take care.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    google translator doesn't do punctuation, clearly...

• run-on sentences are a drag

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    so is dubious job loss

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Tell him that somewhere the world's smallest Balalaika is playing for him.

• I just filed an upaid item dispute against this guy in Germany and he responded in German: Der K??ufer hat mir mitgeteilt, dass er den Artikel bezahlen wird.Einzelheiten zum Artikel

I ran it through a translator and it spit this out: The buyer announced me, pay becomes that he the article details the article

Ummm, OK? I was hoping to find out if he's going to pay for it, instead I got a zen riddle.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I just filed an upaid item dispute against this guy in Germany and he responded in German: Der K??ufer hat mir mitgeteilt, dass er den Artikel bezahlen wird.Einzelheiten zum Artikel

I ran it through a translator and it spit this out: The buyer announced me, pay becomes that he the article details the article

Ummm, OK? I was hoping to find out if he's going to pay for it, instead I got a zen riddle.

the translation shouls be sth like:

The buyer communicated to us that he will pay for the item. Item's details...

so he said that he's going to pay...

• I just filed an upaid item dispute against this guy in Germany and he responded in German: Der K??ufer hat mir mitgeteilt, dass er den Artikel bezahlen wird.Einzelheiten zum Artikel

thanks man, so there is still hope...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I just filed an upaid item dispute against this guy in Germany and he responded in German: Der K??ufer hat mir mitgeteilt, dass er den Artikel bezahlen wird.Einzelheiten zum Artikel

thanks man, so there is still hope...

yeah, but those eBay messages are really dull. what else would a shady buyer say?

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    I've had pretty good karma with bidders on Ebay, but here's one I got recently:

I have no idea what happened with this auction. I am having trouble with my computer and the next thing I knew I was the high bidder at $62.00 when I never intended to go above $30.00. I have contacted the next highest bidder at $61 to see if hes still interested. As you can see I have a 100% rating. How can we rectify this? I can always pay for you to put it back up for auction. Amy

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I've had pretty good karma with bidders on Ebay, but here's one I got recently:

I have no idea what happened with this auction. I am having trouble with my computer and the next thing I knew I was the high bidder at $62.00 when I never intended to go above $30.00. I have contacted the next highest bidder at $61 to see if hes still interested. As you can see I have a 100% rating. How can we rectify this? I can always pay for you to put it back up for auction. Amy

Buyers making a second chance offer is so

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I really really hate it when bidders blame their computer.

I had one guy flat out tell me his computer made a bid for him. This was a guy who was a chronic record bidder.

Yes, a virus took over your PC and made it bid on STUFF YOU WANT!

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    oh this is sold out! its the best track of XXXXXX!
    But in the next 4 weeks comes a new copy...100 dollar for you! Is very hard to find!!!
    Send 100 dollar to my paypal plus 20 dollar shippin air mail and i send you later the record!

Ciao

Marcel

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Maybe the guy lost his job and can't pay. Shit happens, no?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Maybe the guy lost his job and can't pay. Shit happens, no?

Job loss or not... if you know you can't afford the record you're about to win, you cna always cancel your bids. Shit like this burns my ass too.

Another 0 feedback loser "Mehdi Dizerens" from France just won 400+ worth of stuff from me... and immediately after the auction was over, I told him he has to pay within 5 days. After he just wins the Mister 45 I had up for $70, he responds...

"Ok thx , i will send payment very soon but can u sell me 'mister 45 rpm' for 40$?rgds"

gtfohwtbs

I don't mind people throwing me offers or whatever, but it also burns my ass when I send a second chance offer to someone, and they're like... aww 250 is too high, ill buy it right now for 100? .... After they had just bid 250 an hour ago!?!

We need a Maker graemlin saying "c'mon bro"

• I don't mind people throwing me offers or whatever, but it also burns my ass when I send a second chance offer to someone, and they're like... aww 250 is too high, ill buy it right now for 100? .... After they had just bid 250 an hour ago!?!

I feel you, but if it's a 2nd chance offer due to the high bidder copping out, the 1st price was not really justified to begin with...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I don't mind people throwing me offers or whatever, but it also burns my ass when I send a second chance offer to someone, and they're like... aww 250 is too high, ill buy it right now for 100? .... After they had just bid 250 an hour ago!?!

I feel you, but if it's a 2nd chance offer due to the high bidder copping out, the 1st price was not really justified to begin with...

The 2nd chance offer is priced the same as the max bid of the person its being offered to. If you bid $250 and it ends at $255, your 2nd chance offer will be $250 (which is what you initially offered).

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I had this cat say his friend bidded on the item then got locked up. He didn't want it because he didn't own a turntable and couldn't use it.

So I checked his bidding history. Of course he bought mad records. He got an unpaid item strike and I got my credit.

I put out strikes right and left. I don't care. Don't have time for that shit. If your cool I'll give you another week to pay. Communicate. Most these busters don't even respond till the dispute is open anyway, Dumb fucks.

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    I won a record from a certain mod on these very forums and now they are ignoring me.

I don't think it sold for as much as they hoped it would...

Advice?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Advice?

I strongly advise you to put Mark Latency whomever
    it is ON BLAST IMMEDIATELY.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I won a record from a certain mod on these very forums and now they are ignoring me.

I don't think it sold for as much as they hoped it would...

Advice?
    mylatency wanted more than $10 for those def leppoard 3LP sets.

double diss!

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts

Advice?

It wasn't Mark.

• The 2nd chance offer is priced the same as the max bid of the person its being offered to. If you bid $250 and it ends at $255, your 2nd chance offer will be $250 (which is what you initially offered).

This is all understood, but my point was that if the high bidder cops out, the 2nd highest bidders max bid would never had been reached - the auction has been artificially inflated if the high bidder had never intended to pay. This is compounded if the 2nd highest bidders bid had a large range - say the low end was $175 - max $230 - with no high bidder pushing it to $235 it would've stayed around $175.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

The 2nd chance offer is priced the same as the max bid of the person its being offered to. If you bid $250 and it ends at $255, your 2nd chance offer will be $250 (which is what you initially offered).

This is all understood, but my point was that if the high bidder cops out, the 2nd highest bidders max bid would never had been reached - the auction has been artificially inflated if the high bidder had never intended to pay. This is compounded if the 2nd highest bidders bid had a large range - say the low end was $175 - max $230 - with no high bidder pushing it to $235 it would've stayed around $175.

you're right.. but I was talking about 2nd copies I had to sell.. after the first bidder had already paid. Nothing wrong with asking for a better deal. But offering 100$ for something you were just ready to throw 250 at, is how they say...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Advice?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    oh this is sold out! its the best track of XXXXXX!
    But in the next 4 weeks comes a new copy...100 dollar for you! Is very hard to find!!!
    Send 100 dollar to my paypal plus 20 dollar shippin air mail and i send you later the record!

Ciao

Marcel

Have you left him negative feedback yet?

• The 2nd chance offer is priced the same as the max bid of the person its being offered to. If you bid $250 and it ends at $255, your 2nd chance offer will be $250 (which is what you initially offered).

This may be true in some cases and not true in others. That's because there are other potential bidders who may have participated if the winning bidder who backed out had not placed their bid. It's entirely possible that an auction could have ended up around the same price, and even possible (though seemingly unlikely) it could go higher. There are too many unknowns and variables to say that a record would have ended at X price if the high bidder had not participated.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I just got this one! I have no idea what it's about?

Attn: Sir/Ma,

Thank you for your mails which I understood very well. Please believe
    me; it is not that I completely forgot about it or yourself. The fact
    is what told you earlier, about the fee to enable the transfer of your
    fund to your position.
    I know I have lost face with you as I told you I would transfer this
    fund without further delaying. Where I was born and raised our word
    and promise to our fellow man means something that is why I am engage
    to do this job to make your you get this fund paid to you .

So if my word is no good what does that make me! I am a very
    generous person and that is why I am poor I will pray for you tonight
    as I know and God knows you need it.

Therefore, it is practically extremely difficult for me to raise the
    amount requested to finalize the transaction. I would really like to
    return that faith to you and I will. The only question I want to ask
    you is to know if you can raise $100 to day to complete the
    transaction this week .On faith. I will get this done I promise I
    will surly transfer this fund as soon as i get this fmoney from you I
    know you are very disappointed in the outcome of our arrangement and
    breach of trust.

try and send the $100 via western union with the my name MS. ANITA
    JOHNSON country ...................BENIN
    City/sate ..............................Cotonou
    forwarded the .Question....................
    Answer.................................
    MTCN .................................
    as soon as you send it so that I will meet up with the transfer desk
    as I have taking the finail step and need this $100 now to pay for the
    stamp duty as it is mandatory I pay it today to avoid cancelling this
    payment arrangement as any delay today this payment will be pending
    until next quarter payment that will be coming August.

please i want you to understand me and send the money so that i will
    meet up as i will be living this office on friday and will return
    August,and Iwant you to reply this mail to me true this my private
    e-mail address:(mrs.anitajohnson@gmail.com) for the payment and more
    information that you can have your money trasfer to you.

Awaiting your gentle reply and the payment All the best.

MS. ANITA JOHNSON

• obviously its a scam for you to western union them 100 bucks, for some shit they owe you? maybe the broken english lost something in translation, but i cant even see the old ladies who buy stuff from telemarketers falling for this one.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    obviously its a scam for you to western union them 100 bucks, for some shit they owe you? maybe the broken english lost something in translation, but i cant even see the old ladies who buy stuff from telemarketers falling for this one.

You would be suprised, people fall for these things all of the time. There are a lot of stupid mutherfuckers out there waiting to throw their money in the crapper.