45 adaptors

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I know we have talked about them in the past but I'm looking for a few specific ones. The first are some metal cones that have a nice weight to them and they are a bit higher then the normal ones kind of like a bullet shape. Shortkut uses them and a few other cats, the second one I want are the "balls" that someone posted here before. I had the website to order them from but my harddrive crashed and now I don't remember what site it was! Can anyone help out?

Comments

• I know we have talked about them in the past but I want are the "balls" that someone posted here before.

• Options
    Preme,

The brass adapters that are currently on eBay work well. Think it's buy it now as well.

K in Canada.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Preme,

The brass adapters that are currently on eBay work well. Think it's buy it now as well.

K in Canada.

I have those already. They all work well, but I want these two specific types and can't find them anywhere.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Try these

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I know we have talked about them in the past but I want are the balls that someone posted here before.

Get at Ross. He knows where to order those. It was from a german spot, but I can't remember where.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I know we have talked about them in the past but I want are the balls that someone posted here before.

Get at Ross. He knows where to order those. It was from a german spot, but I can't remember where.

i need those too.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    The first are some metal cones that have a nice weight to them and they are a bit higher then the normal ones kind of like a bullet shape.

This one? they are quite heavy and really work. available in some German record stores for around 10 bucks a piece. I think I saw them at Deeroy??s Dubstore (site is in German) recently. They have a puck in their online section as well (without a picture...). would be worth a try... well perhaps, I check it out when I go there the next time

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Naw, he's talking about the half-spheres. I want them joints too.

• these joints...

http://www.soundquake.com/item/6707.html

it's a german dancehall site

these joints...

Yeah - that's what I was referring to. I know Shortkut and other folks rock deez.

If anyone in the Yay wants to put in an order for a couple, we can all split shipping (since that's the main problem. It's $$$ to have them shipped over from Germany).

the second one I want are the "balls" that someone posted here before.

that must be this one?

protected.de has both versions in stock for a very reasonable price (5.80 Euros each). article numbers are 2036 (for the bullet shape) and 2037 (for the balls)
    site is in German as well and the translation doesn??t really work. however you may contact them this way

these joints...

well, this site provides proper translation, but charges way too much for them. at protected.de they are more than one third cheaper, that??s already worth the expensive shipping, isn??t it?

• these joints...If anyone in the Yay wants to put in an order for a couple, we can all split shipping (since that's the main problem. It's $$$ to have them shipped over from Germany).

dub-

put me on that list, whose gonna order?

exactly what i'm talking about. Thanks guys. i will be ordering both today.

Best,

Dee Rock

euro 37.00 shipping? craaaaaaaaaaaaazy

protected.de

i tried to order from this site, but they don't have secure credit card ordering. they want you to put in your bank account and routing number. fuck that. i don't see anything for paypal either.

protected.de

i tried to order from this site, but they don't have secure credit card ordering. they want you to put in your bank account and routing number. fuck that. i don't see anything for paypal either.

Exactly! WTF? I sent them an email and i'm trying to work it out because I want these damn things.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I have these 45 adaptors and, while I think they're super dope and are my 1st choice, the have a tendency to run a little small in diameter - making the 45 fit a little loose around them. Doesn't effect play, but I thought you all would like to know. Definitely my favorite joints, and yeah I paid for them.

Sup Preme.

• I rock these aluminum "spindle adaptors" from www.ebreggae.com - they work great and look just like the "bullet" joints from Germany but ship from California - super quick (I'm on the east coast and get my shit in like two days) and cheap. Highly recommended.

http://www.ebreggae.com/Home.asp?FFID=47...CQ=no&ChkSFTxt=

• been rockin these for a minute, very happy with them. I don't think I'll ever go back to normal adapters.

they NEVER pop out when cueing/scrathing.

$??

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    been rockin these for a minute, very happy with them. I don't think I'll ever go back to normal adapters.

$??

I've been thinking about buying the 7" adaptor matts that you mention. Do you put the matt on top of your existing slippmatt or take of your slipmatt and put these on?

protected.de

Exactly! WTF? I sent them an email and i'm trying to work it out because I want these damn things.

just checked it. for international orders you have to pay in advance, which means you order, they will send a confirmation, you pay, they send the stuff - no bank account or stuff like that. If it doesn??t work out with the e-mail contact let me know and I will ask them again (as I also want these pucks now...)

been rockin these for a minute, very happy with them. I don't think I'll ever go back to normal adapters.

$??

I've been thinking about buying the 7" adaptor matts that you mention. Do you put the matt on top of your existing slippmatt or take of your slipmatt and put these on?

seems like a hassle unless your doing an all 45 set.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    I have those bullet puck adapters from Soundquake, and they fit very loose and jump all over the place when you're cueing up 45s. I also tried the pastic ones from Ernie Bs and they are equally loose. I reckon you're best to stick with the round metal technics ones that come with the 1200s.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    People hold on!

You all remember these 12" size hard-plastic slipmat/adapters? We had a thread about them a year or two ago and i think some Philly djs had them/still using them.

I was dj-ing with Tobia Kirmayer from Tramp Records lst week and he had a prototype of these hard-plastic things. I tried them myself and they are great. Some Austrian guy is manufacturing them and they will be on the market soon.

• Do you put the matt on top of your existing slippmatt or take of your slipmatt and put these on?

you put it on top of your existing slipmat. One of the advantages of these over normal adapters is when you have slightly used 12" slipmats, and the center hole is worn out, normal adapters won't sit right. But these always do because they're sitting on top.

seems like a hassle unless your doing an all 45 set.

actually, the hassle is when you want to go thru a LOT of 45s, ala riding a riddim. You have to individually pop out the 45 slipmat and pop it into the next 45. However, you get used to it and I'm pretty fast now. This is the key part...you need to push the center part up into the wide hole and make sure its tight. I bought these slipmats from a friend, tried them a few times and thought they totally sucked, and promptly forgot about them. A couple months later I found them laying around and tried pushing the center up and viola! Its a beautiful ting.

To each his own but FWIW I've tried everything and even some of the heaviest adapters will pop out occassionally if your scratching.

The slipmat was designed by a turntablist/rave DJ outta canada, Mat the Alien. I met him at the last WMC, nice guy. Also Quantic has designed a similiar slipmatt, you can find his on the Fat City records shop website outta Manchester.

$??

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    'Preme,

I've had those German joints (from Soundquake) for about 6 years now and I love 'em. Almost every 45 I play is from JA, so they're great for those Jamaican center holes (since you never know what shape it's gonna be). And yeah, Short's the first dude I saw with 'em (back around 2000). He got 'em on tour in Europe and I had to have some. A great investment! Just be real sure you don't forget them at the club 'cause they're a bitch to replace.

I rock these aluminum "spindle adaptors" from www.ebreggae.com - they work great and look just like the "bullet" joints from Germany but ship from California - super quick (I'm on the east coast and get my shit in like two days) and cheap. Highly recommended.

http://www.ebreggae.com/Home.asp?FFID=47...CQ=no&ChkSFTxt=

I could be wrong, but these look like the cones joints that TTL sells...are they actually spherical?

• They are like this...slightly bigger and heavier that the TTL ones.