More and more the 'strut....

djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
...is becoming a parody if itself. Death, taxes and hatters on Soul Strut.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    ...is becoming a parody if itself.

Death, taxes and hatters on Soul Strut.

Do we have more threads about "why is hip-hop dead" or "why is Soul Strut dead?"

Tough call.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    that is what is great about the strut...most folks aint afraid to tell you how they feel about something. If you get ass hurt about someones opinion differing from your opinion on something, be it anything from music, records, shoes, food, movies..anything...then dont post. I have gotten bent out of shape as much as anyone on these subjects...but thats the strut.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that is what is great about the strut

AMEN

BTW:

T MINUS 10 SECONDS BEFORE WE SEE THIS ON A SHIRT, SO EXCELLENT

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

Spoken like a true 17-post dude. Nice work!

What I really like about this post is that dude makes no allusion to any particular post or thread that set it off

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I must have missed the SoulStrut "Golden Age".

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    At least he believes the Strut has the staying power of death and taxes!

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    I didn't know about the 'strut until someone told me someone was talking shit about me on here. The thought of paying visits like Jay and Silent Bob did in Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back went through my head. I decided to let that go.

Now more than anything, the hate makes me chuckle. It is sorta like watching Ann Coulter. I am not saying the hate is a bad thing, it is what makes the 'strut what it is. It is kind of like the Okayplayer board but with better taste.

When I see someone say something positive I wait to see how long it takes to get hatted on. It is like seeing how long it takes conservatives to blame Clinton for something. To quote the poet Juelz, "It's like clockwork".

What I really like about this post is that dude makes no allusion to any particular post or thread that set it off

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts

I'll still wild out and pee in the pool!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

When I see someone say something positive

positivity is overrated

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    like Jay and Silent Bob did in Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back

I stopped reading after he admitted to watching this movie.

Did he say anything funny?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    No. Apparently someone on here said something about him (who he is, apparently we'll never know) and he was thinking about revenge. Now, he is above the fray.
    Yawn

like Jay and Silent Bob did in Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back

I stopped reading after he admitted to watching this movie.

Did he say anything funny?

It was a horrible flick but Smith is one of the cats I will give the benefit of the doubt. Jay and Silent Bob got on a plane made a visit to all their message board hatters.

Now, he is above the fray.
    Yawn

If I was above the fray, I wouldn't have started this thread.

I am just razzin' you cats. Except for NickNack's board, this is the only other music message board I frequent. There is a lot of hate bouncing around but there is enough knowledge and such to keep me coming back.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Who talked smack about cha? At least make this a beef thread, jeez.

Who talked smack about cha? At least make this a beef thread, jeez.

It doesn't even matter anymore, I found Jesus. Nah, razzin' again. It was a few years ago. I don't even remember who all was talking shit. I guess I am above the fray (or jailtime,lol).

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I am just razzin' you cats. Except for NickNack's board, this is the only other music message board I frequent. There is a lot of hate bouncing around but there is enough knowledge and such to keep me coming back.
    So you mad cos someone was hating but that wasn't enough for you to abandon us with your 21 post non-contributing ass because there is "enough knowledge and such to keep me coming back"?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    He had to request some MP3's - and get chirped on - before
    he got really mad.

It's all good. Really mad? Yep, that must be it (where is the sarcasm key on my laptop?). There is a lot of great stuff that gets passed around here and I admit I swoop in like a vulture on it.

Time is at a premium. I am very opinionated myself and have been known to come off as a hater myself. It is something I have been working on. I can go on and on and on when I get fired up. Usually I don't have the time to write as much as I would like.

Now that I have your attention- Hello, my name is Jason. I spin and perform spoken word poetry under the name Jazz One. I am a Leo. I dig chicks who know Rakim lyrics. I follow politics like some follow sports.

He had to request some MP3's - and get chirped on - before
    he got really mad.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Any man who pisses rainbows is my friend.

Originally from Shreveport La, Jazz One now resides in Austin Tx. Sometimes Jazz One is "Jazz 1 the DJ" when he is rockin' shows and parties, spinning classic Hip Hop, Dancehall, Soul and New Wave vinyl. Sometimes Jazz One is "A Poet Called Jazz One" when bringing fire to stages around Austin. On rare occasion he can be seen doing both at the same time. He refuses to seek professional help for his Multiple Personality Disorder. These are but two of them. ***If are looking for a DJ for your event, show, party or whatever, get at me and we can work something out.***

Originally from Shreveport La, Jazz One now resides in Austin Tx. Sometimes Jazz One is "Jazz 1 the DJ" when he is rockin' shows and parties, spinning classic Hip Hop, Dancehall, Soul and New Wave vinyl. Sometimes Jazz One is "A Poet Called Jazz One" when bringing fire to stages around Austin. On rare occasion he can be seen doing both at the same time. He refuses to seek professional help for his Multiple Personality Disorder. These are but two of them. ***If are looking for a DJ for your event, show, party or whatever, get at me and we can work something out.***

bit Tha Blowed

• Shreveport represent! Austin represent!

• Jazz_OneJazz_One 55 Posts
    What you know about Shreveport? I moved to Austin a little over six years ago. I loved my hometown, the good, bad and the ugly of it. I visited Austin and never felt like I was home anywhere but my hometown. I went back six months later and it still felt like home when I visited Austin. I knew then I had to move down. I keep expecting my honeymoon with this city to end, but I doubt I could live anywhere else.

Shreveport represent! Austin represent!

Pardon my ignorance on this, what is Tha Blowed? Are we talking about Project Blowed? I usually try to wear my lead hat so none of my ideas transmit themselves but I guess it works the other way too. Is there some place I can read what you are saying I bit? I was trying to write a little something relating to both of my main creative endeavors.

I mean, it's nothing against you - only the strongest protective head gear could prevent the inevitable trasmission of Project Blowed's patented flows.

Any man who pisses rainbows is my friend.

That is from the Austinist party during SXSW this year. There is nothing but pure evil at the bottom of cans of Sparks.

• What you know about Shreveport?

Grew up some there. Got family there. Still got a little love for it.

I just realized my laptop and my desktop have different accounts.....or my evil twin has been stirring the pot today. I wasn't joking about the split personalities.