my TTL review???

2»

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so maybe you had a problem with an idividual at ttl?? my name's paul that's between yall. just get your hand off my dinner plate...yadada?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

jonsy, you need a take in your venomator for recalibration.

Simon is a better writer than you.

agreed and pointless.

George Bush is a better dimplomat than both of us. So where were/are we?

You sound ass-hurt.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    dimplomat

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    LET ME GET THIS CRYSTAL FUCKING CLEAR FOR YOU GENTLEMAN!

TTL LAB REVIEWS ARE STUPID, USELESS AND NOT FUNNY. OK. SIMONS ARE FUNNY, BUT STILL USELESS. THEY SHOULD ADD TO THE INFOMRATION YOU GET FROM SOUND CLIPS. THEY DON'T THEY TAKE AWAY.

THAT'S THE BEGINNING AND THE END OF MY RELENTLESS NEVERENDING CRAZY OVERTHETOP BADLOOK MOUNTAINBIKING VENOMOUS BEEF WITH TTL.

ROC IS JUST A NUTSACK BITCH BOTTOM BOY AND HAVE REAL WORLD BEEF WITH HIM. OR A CRUSH.

HAVE NUTS DAY.

FRANCEY BOWLDAND BIG BALLS

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    dimplomat

• dimplomat

dimpset!
    dimpset!
    dimpset!

• I don't see why anyone would get mad at TTL for anything. Shit, sounds clips on almost everything, indiviual reviews which are honest, decent order processing, unique and interesting website, etc. When you compare that to sites like Sandbox who are known for their shitty customer service and shitty order processing you got to thank your lucky stars they're around.

I got my much love for the Lab.

As a customer, I agree-- that site is a great resource. I don't personally like everything they carry, but the quality level of the things they choose to stock is outstanding and the service is great. Even if you have to take some of the wise-ass but frequently funny reviews with a grain of salt, there are always sound clips to put things in perspective.

As someone who has a mix CD for sale there (which, make no mistake, I'm super-psyched about), I feel for people who think their projects have gotten lackluster or snippy reviews. I've got no complaints about the review they did for Soul Boulders, but I've had friends with really good mixes who have felt like they got sort-of shitted on in reviews from TTL and that, as a result, CDs didn't move. Still, since TTL seems to be very selective about what they carry, to me it seems like a high recommendation if they even pick a release up.

dimplomat

i'm not Guzby Kleinmann. mad sonning needs more than typo checks.

and tell me how fucking much a couple of 20 sec sound clips are gonna help you determine anything about a 70min mixtape. here, an informative review is essential.

not to mention these are up and coming folks and their early shots at getting wwide recognition are short shrifted by some smarmy trite snip about soulstrut or haircuts or whatever by some rolleyes pasty paste.

real fucking professional.

good day sir

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Wow F*ank, tell 'em why you mad.

TTL seems to be very selective about what they carry, to me it seems like a high recommendation if they even pick a release up.

Nuff said, and don't anybody mistake what I am saying here, 'cause I am FUCKING STOKED TO HAVE MY MIX ON THEIR WEBSITE.

Delay just asked a question which I too was curious about. That is all.

• Maybe the whole problem is that by and large East Coasters are predisposed to being dickholes, and seem to be engaged in a neverending "who can be the biggest and coolest dickhole" contest.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Maybe the whole problem is that by and large East Coasters are predisposed to being dickholes, and seem to be engaged in a neverending "who can be the biggest and coolest dickhole" contest.

That's me in a nutshell. Suck it, buddy!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    it took 5 1/2 hours for someone to come back on that retarded fucking comment.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Maybe the whole problem is that by and large East Coasters are predisposed to being dickholes, and seem to be engaged in a neverending "who can be the biggest and coolest dickhole" contest.

This sounds suspiciously like a comment you were just itching to make regardless of context. "East Coasters" can be dickholes totally independent of one another. There is no contest, sonny.

eg: I can't believe there's 44 reponses and not one about the cover art!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    super edgy + insecurity = nagl

It's not in the best interest for ttlab to diss any product they carry. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that?

this is directed not at any individual but pretty much everybody in this thread. So don't get your knickers all knackered....

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Is this still cause fatback is pissed about that old freejazz review? JESUS PEOPLE! let it go!

• it took 5 1/2 hours for someone to come back on that retarded fucking comment.

Haha. Chill B. I's just fuckin around tryna stir up the hornet's nest. Notice the placement of graemlins which should give me a pass on retardness. Besides, I'm (for better or worse) a Texan. NO state or region gets as much hatt from the nation at large as Texas.

I lived on the EC for two years. The absolute best thing about being in the Northeast is that you can get to so many fucking cool cities in around four hours or less. I lived in NJ for a mere two years, but I got to go to all kinds of places that I hope to visit again.

• Maybe the whole problem is that by and large East Coasters are predisposed to being dickholes, and seem to be engaged in a neverending "who can be the biggest and coolest dickhole" contest.

That's me in a nutshell. Suck it, buddy!

Sean, is that you????

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    it took 5 1/2 hours for someone to come back on that retarded fucking comment.

Haha. Chill B. I's just fuckin around tryna stir up the hornet's nest. Notice the placement of graemlins which should give me a pass on retardness. Besides, I'm (for better or worse) a Texan. NO state or region gets as much hatt from the nation at large as Texas.

I lived on the EC for two years. The absolute best thing about being in the Northeast is that you can get to so many fucking cool cities in around four hours or less. I lived in NJ for a mere two years, but I got to go to all kinds of places that I hope to visit again.
    how's your foot taste?

• it took 5 1/2 hours for someone to come back on that retarded fucking comment.

how's your foot taste?

I don't really see how that is an apt response to what I typed.

• I can't believe there's 44 reponses and not one about the cover art!

I heard it was done by some guy who had beef with some guy!

I can't believe there's 44 reponses and not one about the cover art!

Well after listening to the mix, I had flashbacks about low-rider VW buses.

Well after listening to the mix, I had flashbacks about low-rider VW buses.

I'm a fan. That's a dope mix too.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I can't believe there's 44 reponses and not one about the cover art!

naw son, i heard it was by some shitty midwest dude who works at urban outfitters.

naw son, i heard it was by some shitty midwest dude who works shops[/b] at urban outfitters.

GOSH!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    actually dude kinda nailed it on this one

Monday,
    June,
    12 2006 WOODMAN........sent me this link of some fucking total electro douchebags kissing each others asses in Paris.....
    Uffie sucks and these dudes all look like total shit bags but I can't lie, they do a good job making it look like fun......[/b]
    I like some of this shit tho I cant front.....
    But not into Uffie....... Kinda Reminds me of that show Full House......
    50 bucks says hardly any of these fucks can put two records together.......
    But......... at least they are not putting these two records together......

its not 80 Cent....... but its probably the most annoying thing to look at EVER.....
    Is it required that all former backpackers overcompensate for their backpacker ness with Koreshian devotion to shitty gangster rap?[/b]

I gotta say tho.... I'll take electro hipsters over the fake syrup sippers any day......

MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER POONTANG AT ELECTRO SHIT.........

SO IM CHALLENGING ALL THE OTHER BLOGGERS TO CHIME IN..........

ELECTRO HIP OR SYRUP SIP?

WOODY IS IN MY CORNER FOR SURE.......

Is it required that all former backpackers overcompensate for their backpacker ness with Koreshian devotion to shitty gangster rap?

e=mc2

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    http://www.turntablelab.com/cds/167/573/13581.html

There's a lot of these popping up nowadays: mixtapes with really slap-worthy titles and/or concepts, but with totally flawless execution too. Dr. Delay (who's affiliated in some way with the SoulStrut forum, I'm told)[/b] must've dropped a little acid and then sipped a little syrup to make this one, blending dusty old psyche rock records with acapellas and instrumentals from current crunk and southern shit. Rattling off names wouldn't mean a whole lot, since most of the psyche shit on here is rarer than rare (excepting The Seeds, Paul Revere and a few others) but suffice it to say that this one sounds a lot better on the stereo than it looks on paper. The one that convinced me was the subtle blend of Rabekin's "Light Rain" with the instrumental from "What Happened To That Boy" ??? the swirling acoustic guitar (or sitar?) sounds even more hypnotic over the Neptunes' sputtering percussion. One thing, though: when you put the CD in iTunes, the tracklist comes up saying "If you bought a copy of Psycrunk, then there was a tracklist included on the cover. If you downloaded it, you lose the right to know what you're listening to." That's all well and good, but what if I bought it and just want to put it on my iPod? 30 tracks total; 60+ minutes.

is this meant to stigmatize me?

I dunno, but this mix is