Newbies introduce yourselves!!!

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I sorta did this already, but I figured I needed to up Chicago's representation in this thread. So, here goes:

29 years old/lurking on SStrut for about eighteen months/call Andersonville up on the northside home/PhD student at Northwestern U - dissertating on media and technology/definitely a little fella on the digging tip, but fast becoming an inveterate buyer of jazz records featuring prominent Fender Rhodes or other electric pianos

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    newbie sort of, orginally from chicagoland, go to school at Indiana U. Real dorky kid I know use to tell me about this site and how he would get a lot of shit from everyone for posting "raer techno" records. I swear I'm not really friends with him though.

• DukesDukes 24 Posts
    i been lurkin for a min. im from toronto, and i make rap beats and collect records! i really just signed up so i could use all these cool ass graemlins anyone wanna breakdown this salma hayek bizness for me???

http://www.myspace.com/frankdukes

• MaptbanMaptban 8 Posts
    Yeah another French dude! Welcome aboard Julius.

I'm Maptban from Rapis, France.

I make music, I play harp (banjo sometimes) and collect pony smell VG+ recordings on vinyl.

Taler, Mapt

PS/ I AM TOTALLY

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    damn anyone from Cleveland Ohio up in here besides me?? If not ....more records for me and I do mean

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    damn anyone from Cleveland Ohio up in here besides me?? If not ....more records for me and I do mean
    m-z-?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Also, I think rap albums are still good.

• xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
    nyc 32

silent visitor for a while...

decided to start posting.

good info.

dry humor.

works for me

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    Whats up folks, just got out the penn & finally got my PC up & running.

Been here before but figured I'd re-join up & see whats up on the record & DJ front.
    More of a lurker these days...

peace.

Oh & whats currently in my CD player:
    variety of stuff like Count bass D, some Afrosound, Gal Costa, DITC, Monguito, some home made goodies & old Too Short joints as well.

• bluz510bluz510 5 Posts
    Long time lurker from the Bay Area. Hip hop head but kinda gettin into house and broken beat lately.

Picked up 8 or 9 records at this one spot today and dude threw in George & Gwen McCrae "Together" LP free.

• Options
    m-z-?

I don't think so, Tone. Seems younger.

K.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'm an old head, Big Stacks, and I like Crispix...oh yeah, and records too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    i been lurkin for a min. im from toronto, and i make rap beats and collect records! i really just signed up so i could use all these cool ass graemlins anyone wanna breakdown this salma hayek bizness for me???

You talk to me at a record fair in the past? You sound familiar.

K in Toronto.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    anyone wanna breakdown this salma hayek bizness for me???

Ya what's all about?

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    From Hong Kong
    been checking the board more and more cause theres jokes for days (and nuff info shared)
    peace
    more Biz stories please!

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Hello I am Beek
    24 years old from Peg Gritty
    I've only been collecting for about a year and a half, so if I post finds, please excuse the commons that show up
    Been lurking here for almost as long
    Now I drop a post every once in a while

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Hey,

I'm an old head, Big Stacks, and I like Crispix...oh yeah, and records too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

This is my man right chyeah - Crispix = 2 sides to choose from, how can you go wrong?

Welcome to all brand newbians. You seem like decent folks.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    mmmm crispix...

hi, my name is jeremy, I like long walks on the beach and raer records.

• yeah, i lurk, you can call me what you want
    I am 23 years old representing the parts of minneapolis i like
    never really have usefull things to say, When i do have them, i say them very loud
    i'm just here for the soul purpose of masturbating to pictures of nice records

if people are going to post their myspace page, i might as well jump the bandwagon
    http://www.myspace.com/cahcropcriminals

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i'm just here for the soul purpose of masturbating to pictures of nice records

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    mmmm crispix...

hi, my name is aaron, I like math, rap, clowning, candy and raer records.

• macksteezmacksteez 68 Posts
    Another Lurker from Europe.
    Amsterdam is where I rest my head at.
    Triple X baby!!!!
    Do not collect used to.. Loved the C**c*r**... My bootcamp training days.P*p**n was the man over there. Triple X .
    I hope...

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Hi,

I'm a 29 year old from Germany and have been collecting records for 12 years or so now. I started with good ole Hip Hop, but then switched to Funk, Soul, Jazz. Now I mainly focus on 80ies-modern-soul-boogie-stuff (pleeze don't hate me Grope! ).

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    m-z-?

K.

Nope I am not M_z_ he is a good friend of mine..I was just over to his spot the other day.... do I sound that young?? To clarify I am from Cleveland but now I am in Akron.

• DukesDukes 24 Posts

You talk to me at a record fair in the past? You sound familiar.

K in Toronto.

possibly man. I was selling at the show at the gladstone. me and my boy had a table on the opposite end of the entrance. hrmmmmmmm....

• phralhphralh 1 Post
    Big time lurker from sweden, turning 25 this summer. Been diggin for about 5 years, buying records for 10. 7 posts in 1?? years since I signed up. Been lurking DAILY for another 1?? years!

• Options
    m-z-?

K.

Nope I am not M_z_ he is a good friend of mine..I was just over to his spot the other day.... do I sound that young?? To clarify I am from Cleveland but now I am in Akron.

Have a vague recollection of you stating something that I thought was un-M**i-ish. NO disrepect.

K in Canada.

P.S. Cleveland is that place

• tirefiretirefire 203 Posts
    24. Chicago. Moderate lurker. Chime in when I feel like I have something to add. As you can see, that doesn't happen often.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Hi.
    My name is Michael. I love strawberries, records from the UK and eating BBQ chicken from the BBQ spot on Veterans and 6 Ave. here in Columbus.

Nice too meet you all!