Barcelona, Spain NRR

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
hey, I'm contemplating a trip to Barcelona, and since there are people on this site all over the place or have been all over the place, i was wondering if you had any tips/recomendations? i'm definitely down for the architecture, and i want to know about stuff besides the tourist thing. live music, good food, art, peoples, whatever...even neighbouring places to check outpeace N advance for any ideas

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Best city in the world for combining architecture and art galleries with large amounts of booze.

Lots of very cool places from Familia Sagrada to Mies' Pavilion. Then the Picasso and Miro museums are great. Can't remember much else, it was a bit of a blur. Oh year, old town, walking, La Ramblas and salty pizzas. Beaches nearby are nice as well. I heard. And if a bar is closed, bang on the door and someone will appear and start serving you drinks. Doesn't matter if it's 5am. I never managed to figure out when the locals sleep.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    hey,
    I'm contemplating a trip to Barcelona, and since there are people on this site all over the place or have been all over the place, i was wondering if you had any tips/recomendations? i'm definitely down for the architecture, and i want to know about stuff besides the tourist thing. live music, good food, art, peoples, whatever...even neighbouring places to check out

peace N advance for any ideas

the food is great. I don't think we had a bad meal. We stayed on Cathedral Square and ate tapas at a cafe on the square every night. The place had Bilbao in the name.

Gaudi apt blocks and Park Guell are great.

As an antidote to Gaudi the the Barcelona Pavilion is a must. It's in or near the Olympic Site.

Frank Gerry has a big fish on the beach.

I only did tourist things in Barcelona. Hanging on the beach, walking the gothic quarter, shopping at the markets are a nice break from Gaudi tours. Richard Meier stuck one of his white buildings in the gothic quartet.