SS opinion on furniture

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
i added these wood buttons to this chair. be honest. do they look like cat nipples?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    vaguely

but more than anything they dig into my back and leave these small welts.

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    I say no go.
    But you know... I only go for scandenavian round badges and teak trims.
    Dawg is bougie sometimes, but I will puke in your kitchen sink.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    not until you mentioned it...maybe larger buttons? in the same formation or one centred row of three?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    vaguely

but more than anything they dig into my back and leave these small welts.

i tested it out though. you don't feel them because there is a small indentation where the old buttons were so they don't stick out.

what can i do to make these look less nipple-y? they do need buttons though cause there are circular marks without them. do they need to be bigger?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    i don't see what's so wrong with cat nipples, but bigger buttons might be the move.

not until you mentioned it...maybe larger buttons? in the same formation or one centred row of three?

do you think wood buttons are a good idea? or should i stick with white buttons. i agree. maybe larger. they have to be six though cause there are marks from the original buttons

do they need to be bigger?

i think so

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    How about changing the color buttons to black or mahogany?

do you think wood buttons are a good idea? or should i stick with white buttons. i agree. maybe larger. they have to be six though cause there are marks from the original buttons

i think wood is a great idea and i think six larger will work better in proportion to the backrest

ok thanks everyone. i got so disgusted that i ran out to the fabric store on my lunch break and bought big ass wood buttons. i dunno what i was thinking with the small ones they totally look like cat nipples and all wrong

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

I'd go with larger buttons. Maybe covered buttons done in the same color as the chair?

ok thanks everyone. i got so disgusted that i ran out to the fabric store on my lunch break and bought big ass wood buttons. i dunno what i was thinking with the small ones they totally look like cat nipples and all wrong

please do not forget to post pictures of the new back!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    you kind of biased people opinions by asking if they look like cat nipples making them presuppose that the buttons looked like nipples. that's like saying do the chair legs look like 4 horse cocks. i think the buttons are nice, personally id remove the middle buttons, but that's for u to decide as you're gonna be living with the chair.

peace

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    i added these wood buttons to this chair. be honest. do they look like cat nipples?

That is a sweet ass cat nipple chair!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    oh ms damn, do u have photoshop?

what helps me out when designing for colors, is i just scan what i'm dealing with and then make overlays in photoshop and change the channels according to what might work.

retaining button style/size, here's a couple of alternatives, if u dont mind the buttons being accents...i like the reddish one

^original--cat nipples

^cheesballs

^diet cheeseballs

^purple nurples

^wasabi peas

^pink panther testicles - i like this one

^lower half of image not shown because body parts were used on the chair

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Aliendn.... this is such disappointing photoshoppery, given your crazy graphical prowess.

Can't you give that thing a tail, some ears, and make the buttons real nipples??

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    do the chair legs look like 4 horse cocks.

Now, that would be impressive photoshoppery.

I don't think anyone really needs to see that, tho.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

"What's wrong with nipple chairs? I got about three! Shit's comfy!"

oh man. the bigger buttons looked terrible. they looked like they were just slapped on and stuck out like they were not part of the chair. i went back to the cat nipples cause now i am telling myself they look like m & m's.

alien i like wasabi peas the best

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Screw the chair, what's the dilly with that Les Paul copy? Japanese? 70s?

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    i feel white would have worked best (matching the fabric) or none at all which prolly wouldn't work if there were buttons on there originally. i've got good taste.

Screw the chair, what's the dilly with that Les Paul copy? Japanese? 70s?

i think mine is '78