dilemma: how to respond.

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
got this email last night:====================================Whats Good??? Are you able to provide me with the drum break from any of the followingtracks: 01.Fanny Adams - Ain't No Loving Left02.Jackie Jackson - Is It Him Or Me03.Sir Paul Raggedy Flagg - Papa Momma Romper Stomper04.Bit A Sweet - If I Needed Somebody05.The Grassroots - You And Love Are The Same06.The Otis And Carla Band - Tramp07.Donald Byrd - You And The Music08.James Mason - Funny Girl09.Chicago - Skinny Boy10.Isaac Hayes - BreakThrough11.Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy12.Bobby Hutcherson - Rain Every Thursday13.Family Of Mann - The Turtle Of The Frog14.Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand If you can...how much will it cost??? I would need them as wav files at stereo-16bit-44100.===================================

Comments

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Tell him to put down the sampler and walk away in hopes of finding a new hobby....

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I dunno, your sound card just broke and he needs to buy the wax? The request is pretty wack unless he got bags of cash.

There's a dude who's been buying mix CDs off me and now he wants them with the tracks separated so he can "DJ" them himself. Similar level of wackness, but if it's a regular customer, you sort of try to accomodate.

My sound card really is broken.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    The request is pretty wack unless he got bags of cash.

i'm sayin', the time it'd take to record the breaks and burn to cd outweighs the profit, unless he's droppin 15$ per break, then it's all good.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    tell him I'll send him wav's of all of those for $20.
    yeah?

thx.

DC

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

i'm sayin', the time it'd take to record the breaks and burn to cd outweighs the profit, unless he's droppin 15$ per break, then it's all good.

$15 per break??? Dude, start at $20.

This is a producer right? $20 is nothing if you sell your beat for $1000.

$15 per break??? Dude, start at $20.

This is a producer right? $20 is nothing if you sell your beat for $1000.

look at our polar views. hahahahaha.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    direct him to your site and teach him how to convert real audio streams to stereo-16 bit-44100 wavs. Also tell him to check out the soulstrut auctions for more real audio streams.

Otherwise, I'd sell him a break for what you would sell the record at.

6-15 sounds fair for most.

direct him to your site and teach him how to convert real audio streams to stereo-16 bit-44100 wavs. Also tell him to check out the soulstrut auctions for more real audio streams.

I'll sell a 2 CD-R set of wavs of all the breaks I've ever came across in the last 6 years for $500. I DIG SO U DON'T HAVE 2

oh, and rob, you're a hater.
    hater.
    feel that melch.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

R**

that's very true, we've got those hi quality real audio things.. as long as dude has a soundcard, he's living in low budget sample heaven.

but then again sketch's low ball could appeal to dude.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Tell the dude to buy this compact disk-

and he will never need any music ever again.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    I'll pay $500 for a cd of all of your ghettar and piano nooodlez.
    Put that in your high and roll it.

How you gonna thumbs-down some
    [color:red]HIGH ROLLING STUDS FROM LA [/color]?

Timeline Melcher

Rest in Peace.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    yeah i recently got a similar request from some dude in Japan asking for me to send him the seperate tracks of the songs i used in my mixes. "MY BOSS START NEW LOUNGE AND WILLING TO LICENSE SONGS FROM YOU. PLEASE SEND ME CD".

sheeeiet!

it's called, look tracklisting, buy your damn self 100%.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

Rest in Peace.

Hopefully Terry's sense of humor is still alive in the afterlife. Respect. RIP

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I got asked to DJ a Punjabi wedding recently. I said it would be $500 unless it was out of town, they needed extra lighting, I'd need an overnight stay, etc. He responded and said it was 5 hours away and that it's on July 4th weekend. I emailed back and said that in that case, it would be $1125 because of the extra time, holiday, van rental, motel, meals, etc. A few weeks later he responded that he couldn't talk the in-laws into accepting that price, so he said

"I don't want to take away work from your DJ business, but can I buy a CD of Punjabi songs from you that we can play during the wedding instead?"

I haven't emailed back out of sheer laziness, but I should probably holler back and say

"Yeah I'll send you a CD of Punjabi songs. Mail me a $1,125.00 money order and it's yours."