Introduction and Philly Record Show Question

NuggsNuggs 14 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Originally from Washington DC, as Neville pointed out the town of southern efficiency and northern charm, moved around a bit and now live back in DC. I have had the chance to trade/ buy from a few of you guys (Neil, Nate, Legend) and thought instead of lurking I should start posting. I typically listen to a little bit of everything, Jazz, Hip Hop, Funk, etc. I have been getting into a lot of Latin/ Brazilian music lately mainly thanks to some of your advice. The knowledge and suggestions on this board never cease to amaze, thanks. Well thanks for welcoming me.Now my Philly record show question: Are there mostly people there selling/ buying or are some down for trading, also? Just wondered before I cart vinyl up there.

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    nugggs, welcome to soulstrut.
    the philly show promoters are letting people in the door at a discount if they bring records to trade. trading heavily encouraged. you could bring a box and set it on a table and start trading or selling shit out of it. alll good.

where you coming up from if youre not in DC nomore?

• NuggsNuggs 14 Posts
    I am still in DC, so I will be making the trip up north. I will probably be bringing only about 10 records to trade, more quality than quantity: Some Strata East stuff, S.O.U.L., Giant- whets in this life, etc.

Look forward to it.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This show will be very wack. Way too many diggaz in one place.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Fuck yall dudes. I'm doing my digging beforehand and going to the show to drink!

Get me drunk and I'll come off my raers so much easier! Like me pants...

Fuck yall dudes. I'm doing my digging beforehand and going to the show to drink!

Tony yelled at me for drinking on a Sunday.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

No long haired Italo-hippy gonna keep me from my drank

No long haired Italo-hippy gonna keep me from my drank

raj got kid and i just imagined him getting all weird and sentimental as a drunk. so i had to preempt. also, didnt want him spilling swill or seed on my raer sayers
    im a throw back some rumncokes my damn self. cheap ass bar.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Is this thing going on every month? I might have to make an unannounced trip for the next one.

Is this thing going on every month? I might have to make an unannounced trip for the next one.

Unfortunately no... more like every 3 months.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

the philly show promoters are letting people in the door at a discount if they bring records to trade. trading heavily encouraged. you could bring a box and set it on a table and start trading or selling shit out of it. alll good.

At the last one of these, I thought it was $3 to get in, $5 if you brought some records to trade - did that change?

yeah, i campaigned for that to get flipped. bring those crates!!!
    (i also campaigned against $5 admission, but ends had to be met with the new venue)