Bigalsrecordbarn - ebay seller/timewaster

guy_alcindorguy_alcindor 621 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I won Silver Apples S/T for $44, nice NM copy, and then he doesn't respond to my emails. 4 days after winning, I then ask him to please just tell me if he doesn't want to sell it anymore so I can stop wasting my time. He writes back right away and tells me that is correct, but he's sure to delete the original message body from me.I am pissed. Anyone had problems with this guy, and is there anything ebay will do with sellers like this? What shit though, cause I might have bid on another copy that ended a day later.

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I won Silver Apples S/T for $44, nice NM copy, and then he doesn't respond to my emails. 4 days after winning, I then ask him to please just tell me if he doesn't want to sell it anymore so I can stop wasting my time. He writes back right away and tells me that is correct, but he's sure to delete the original message body from me.
    I am pissed. Anyone had problems with this guy, and is there anything ebay will do with sellers like this, or is it another 90 day neg feedback deal? What shit though, cause I might have bid on another copy that ended a day later.

what a bunch of B.S.! why post up an LP if you don't want to sell it? i think that's the biggest problem with ebay. buyers have to follow rules a, b, & c while sellers can shit all over the place. there's really no incentive for joe schmoe seller to be on point with theirs..

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

I hate assholes like that... I try and exhaust all my options before I'll inquire about voiding the transaction because the seller isn't satisfied w/ the final price: requests for total, requests w/ a different heading, requests via another item, requests for the sellers info etc. I even watch their feedback left to see if they're active, and if they are I send a sickening amount of inquiries. Why? Cause I want my sh!t and I won it square. Sadly though I have no more insight than this. I've never dealt w/ said seller and I've never had to take it beyond the persistent inquiries (the seller who I offered the void to eventually came through - ?). Did you correspond through e-bay?

tjames

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I won Silver Apples S/T for $44, nice NM copy, and then he doesn't respond to my emails. 4 days after winning, I then ask him to please just tell me if he doesn't want to sell it anymore so I can stop wasting my time. He writes back right away and tells me that is correct, but he's sure to delete the original message body from me.
    I am pissed. Anyone had problems with this guy, and is there anything ebay will do with sellers like this, or is it another 90 day neg feedback deal? What shit though, cause I might have bid on another copy that ended a day later.

Shit, I'd just create a fake account and start bidding up all his auctions and refusing to pay. Payback!

• Shit, I'd just create a fake account and start bidding up all his auctions and refusing to pay. Payback!

Oh, the horror...

• I won Silver Apples S/T for $44, nice NM copy, and then he doesn't respond to my emails. 4 days after winning, I then ask him to please just tell me if he doesn't want to sell it anymore so I can stop wasting my time. He writes back right away and tells me that is correct, but he's sure to delete the original message body from me.

This shit is happening with me right now too. Won a nice spiritual jazz LP I've been needing for a while at a nice price and dude is ignoring the hell out of me...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You should also send an email to dude with this URL just to show him - actions have consequences.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    This shit is happening with me right now too. Won a nice spiritual jazz LP I've been needing for a while at a nice price and dude is ignoring the hell out of me...

What is the seller's name? I buy a lot of oddball jazz, might have it on file.. PM if necessary..

And $44 is not even a ridiculously low price... not worth fucking up ebay feedback over, ayways. odd

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Is this Big Al's in San Jose? I used to go there as a kid and would always get shut out on records. Everytime I'd go there he'd say, "Oh, I can't sell you that, it's on hold," or my personal favorite, "I'm waiting for a new price guide to come in before selling this one."

This was about fifteen years ago, how this guy is still in business I'll never know.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Is this Big Al's in San Jose? I used to go there as a kid and would always get shut out on records. Everytime I'd go there he'd say, "Oh, I can't sell you that, it's on hold," or my personal favorite, "I'm waiting for a new price guide to come in before selling this one."

This was about fifteen years ago, how this guy is still in business I'll never know.

you just gotta buy the stuff he doesn't know. Also being unassuming and nice go a long way... he was perfectly cool to me and sold me some rare shit for (fairly) cheap.... unabashedly looks it all up on ebay before pricing, which can be a bit lame, but still... of course he is going to bang you for known records... like anything, be ahead of the curve (which you guys clearly are)

This ebay shit is bad, of course he is trying to get more $$ on it, if you really want the item make an offer, if not too bad so sad move on to the next one the record will pop up again

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i hope you leave negative feedback!

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    I am pissed. Anyone had problems with this guy, and is there anything ebay will do with sellers like this? What shit though, cause I might have bid on another copy that ended a day later.

Ebay has procedures that you should go through when this sort of thing happens. You file a complaint and if you don't get results you leave neg feedback.
    A well written negative feedback remark would be your best 'revenge'.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    And $44 is not even a ridiculously low price... not worth fucking up ebay feedback over, ayways. odd

Thats the strange part... if he wasn't willing to sell it for what it goes for then why the fuck did he list it?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Shit, I'd just create a fake account and start bidding up all his auctions and refusing to pay. Payback!

don't leave feedback until the 90th day. negative feedback sniping is

he is going to bang you for known records

WHGOA

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

this doesn't work anymore. there is a window of (an unknown length of) time when the seller can leave feedback after the 90 days is up if the buyer has left feedback. so don't count on the 90th day 24th hour negative feedback to go unrevenged by the other.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    or you could just give him a call and let him know that you think he's a prick:

Big Al's Record Barn (408)294-7200[/b] Al's there from 9-3pm (pst)

ask for him, the other guys in the afternoon like Joe are pretty cool so make sure it's Al...

It doesn't surprise me about him, however for me I usually just tolerate him and know he's a prick and deal with it with a smile. I have gotten more than a few goodies over the year's with that attitude.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    To hell with Big Al, it's all about Bi Gal's Record Barn.

this doesn't work anymore. there is a window of (an unknown length of) time when the seller can leave feedback after the 90 days is up if the buyer has left feedback. so don't count on the 90th day 24th hour negative feedback to go unrevenged by the other.

ah! i just did this and got retaliatory negative feedback and couldn't figure out how they did it. anyway that's lame! i know there's not really any other way to do it but it feels like lately my feedback rating is getting ruined because i keep getting stuck dealing with morons and con artists. if i uphold my half of the bargain i don't believe i should get negative feedback just because the other guy's a prick.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I believe you can get neg feedbacks removed if you can prove you did nothing wrong...

HOWEVER

it is a check against people leaving negs indiscriminantly

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    or instead of fanning the flames of neg/ feedback, simply 'reply' to the feedback with your side of the story. it'll be doing you and your customers a service.. they'll see the scammers reason for neg feedback as well as your explanation of the situtation.

if you leave retalitory neg. feedback, it may give you a sense a satisfaction but your customers won't see it.. they'd have to look at the scammers feedback profile to see your reponse.

does that make sense?

or instead of fanning the flames of neg/ feedback, simply 'reply' to the feedback with your side of the story. it'll be doing you and your customers a service.. they'll see the scammers reason for neg feedback as well as your explanation of the situtation.

if you leave retalitory neg. feedback, it may give you a sense a satisfaction but your customers won't see it.. they'd have to look at the scammers feedback profile to see your reponse.

does that make sense?

I'm not talking about giving retaliatory feedback, I'm talking about getting it. What I'm talking about is if I buy something that's described as mint, and I get it and it's completely trashed, and the seller isn't interested in giving me a refund or anything. I'm going to leave negative feedback for that. But it's BS that I have to be afraid to do it because I know he's going to do the same to me.

• To be fair to Big Al, I believe now the situation has been resolved. He just needs to be better at responding to email. However, now hearing all the concurring shit about him, I'll be waiting for my package with baited breath...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'm not talking about giving retaliatory feedback, I'm talking about getting it. What I'm talking about is if I buy something that's described as mint, and I get it and it's completely trashed, and the seller isn't interested in giving me a refund or anything. I'm going to leave negative feedback for that. But it's BS that I have to be afraid to do it because I know he's going to do the same to me.

Yeah this is bullshit, I think a buyer should only be liable prior to a paypal transaction. If you've paid, you've held up your end of the agreement and there is a paper trail that can prove it.