TTLab Blog?

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Damn, the Roc is one ornry dude. He needs some scented candles in his life.Vhat's zee deele?!

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Last time I called him out on his stupid fucking "writing", he came on here with his broke down DC posse telling me I couldn't mix records.

Well come to find out everyone who knows him from DC claims he's a total and complete fucking prick but they still like him for some reason.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Last time I called him out on his stupid fucking "writing", he came on here with his broke down DC posse telling me I couldn't mix records.

Well come to find out everyone who knows him from DC claims he's a total and complete fucking prick but they still like him for some reason.

I had a similar experience pulling his card on the scratchlive forums. Apparently he came up with the notion of playing 80's records before anyone else in the DC area from what I learned about him. And his encyclopedic knowledge of all the hot tracks listed in "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" and "Love Saves The Day" is not to be focked with.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yeah. i've been checking that out. i think mike shut his shit down. i don't really know why t.lab keeps him around.

how's the la store though? i'm trying to get my sold out j.rocc mix cd on. they should set up a roc dunking booth carnival day up there. fiiiiyah!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i like the part where he explains who tru are.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Ttlab= the business
    Roctacorn= not the business

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i'll stand behind dude's Middle School mix cd (minus an off-beat Dwyck blend)
    and i think he had the illest smirk bitd in battles.

never met him but i also never found his ttlab reviews to be a problem

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I love a good case of toy internet shit-talking.

how long does the Groove Merchant guy spend getting his eyebrows waxed?

Dude its Turntable Lab....... NY.......LA...NO FRISCO.........

who does this guy think he is?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    most entertaing shit on the interweb

• TSGTSG 274 Posts

haha...

roc is wild entertaining in an ig'nant way.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Mike2600 dropped the sausage on him.

• well he does have a very small penis

• well he does have a very small penis

HAYOOOOOOOOO!!!

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

Did he really say that Groove Merchant shit? If so, get the fuck out of here with that shit. Nothing like some 3rd-rate toy club DJ trying to dis one of the coolest and most knowledgeable people in this entire game. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. A bunch of ex-ravers making seven bucks an hour selling represses of LL Cool J 12"s and killer cuts to fools who are too scared to go look in the book at Rock and Soul.

YOU DIS COOL CHRIS, YOU DIS YOURSELF.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    too scared to go look in the book at Rock and Soul

LOLZ

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    making seven bucks an hour

LOL

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    too scared to go look in the book at Rock and Soul

LOLZ

Book? What book? NO BOOK FOR YOU!

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts

those ladies at rock and soul are indeed...hirstute

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts

Turntablelab Blog

damn that shit was pretty heated there for a minute...

a big co-sign with the Dis on Cool Chris. That is so

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Did he really say that Groove Merchant shit? If so, get the fuck out of here with that shit. Nothing like some 3rd-rate toy club DJ trying to dis one of the coolest and most knowledgeable people in this entire game. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. A bunch of ex-ravers making seven bucks an hour selling represses of LL Cool J 12"s and killer cuts to fools who are too scared to go look in the book at Rock and Soul.

YOU DIS COOL CHRIS, YOU DIS YOURSELF.[/b]

I wish this entire thing could be my location.

This dude Rocatardic, sounds like the funtime bi-polar flunky who jumps on the bar, tries to suck his own dick and pukes in your hallway. But after 30 that shit's nothing but an express to Oxford house--if you're lucky.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    who is this guy

http://www.myspace.com/djroctakon

that is my favorite part too

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    My late teens were so crazy, all I did was scratch and practice. I never met chicks

He should join soulstrut.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Pretty sure that's Nick Lachey.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Pretty sure that's Nick Lachey.MARK RONSON

• discuss

• how long does the Groove Merchant guy spend getting his eyebrows waxed?

I figured he was talking about Peaceful Rotation or Vinnie Vin Vin, both of whom have grooming habits that are

My late teens were so crazy, all I did was scratch and practice. I never met chicks

He should join soulstrut.

he has. and we'd love to see more of him.

well, I would.

It's hard out here for a fucktard.

who is this guy

http://www.myspace.com/djroctakon

that is my favorite part too

the whole thing deserves attention...

During the summer of 95, when most kids his age were having fun, Andy Brown was working all week as a lifeguard. By the start of the school year he had saved enough for his first set of turntables, and that September Roctakon was born. Washington DC has a rich musical history, which was a major influence on Roc's unique style. "I grew up listening to everything from Blondie, local punk acts, Go Go, Hip Hop, and the R&B that rules the radio down there. When I started djing I was so happy I???d found an outlet to be creative and share the music I loved with people. The late 90's brought a new passion into Roctakon's life: Dj Battles. "My late teens were so crazy, all I did was scratch and practice. I never met chicks, I just stayed behind the turntables. It was a 60 hr a week job with no pay." All that practice started paying off when Roc started winning local and regional DJ Battles. "Kool Cigarettes put on these big prize money battles and I won a ton of cash, which paid for my move." Roctakon had mixed and scratched his way to New York City. "Ever since I was a little kid I knew I would end up in NY. I was just drawn here. From day one I felt right at home." New York respects talent and embraced Roc right away.[/b] " I didn't have anything but my skills to get work. I would DJ anywhere, and do almost anything to get noticed." And the years of hard work really started paying off. Within a year of landing on the scene, Roc had residencies clubs like Spa and Bungalow 8 and he's still going strong. Whether playing his weekly rock and roll party at Marquee, doing corporate partyies for clients like Rockstar Games, Armani, The Gap and many others, or traveling the world doing guest spots, there???s no crowd he can't move. A lot of Dj's these days are claiming to play all styles of music but Roc???s the real deal. "I'm not the guy that???s gonna play three hours of hip hop and one AC/DC or Joan Jett song. You???re gonna get a better mix of music than that. Times are changing, people are ready for something more, and that???s what I deliver like no one else." Roctakon backs up that promise buy drawing on his years of experience and incredible knowledge of music. "I'm not a celebrity, I'm just a guy who works really hard. I just want to be the best at what I do." As Roc's schedule fills up with bookings it seems people all over the world are starting to think he just might be.

• how long does the Groove Merchant guy spend getting his eyebrows waxed?

I figured he was talking about Peaceful Rotation or Vinnie Vin Vin, both of whom have grooming habits that are

schitt mayne I NEED to get some work done...