Photoshop CS - Hot or Not?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I have been happily using Photoshop 7 for quite some time, but I keep getting told from various people that I should change to Photoshop CS. Is there that much of a difference? Am I REALLY behind the times? If I do decide I want it..can I just find a CS bootleg/crack update file on the net somewhere and just install that, or do I have to install the whole new program? Any strutters got the hook up?

Comments

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    CS2 illustrator trace feature = killer.

• CS2 illustrator trace feature = killer.

hmm, not familiar with what that is...

google search time.

• CS2 illustrator trace feature = killer.

hmm, not familiar with what that is...

google search time.

it's basically what Adobe Streamline used to do incorporated right into Illustrator. became an over-used gimmick in graphic design once it became a feature in illustrator.

there are a lot of small new features in the newer CS suites, but i think the last big feature that was added that required a necessary upgrade was the 'history' pallete in Photoshop 5.5..

• Ok, I think I got my hands on PS CS..now let's see if it works properly.

While we are on the subject..do any of yall use drawing tablets with your setup? I have never used one, but it seems they would be useful. Does it actually draw in real time with no delay? Can you actually open photoshop, select a brush, and draw freehand on the canvas using the pen/tablet? Any recommendations on what brands or models to use?

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    do any of yall use drawing tablets with your setup? I have never used one, but it seems they would be useful. Does it actually draw in real time with no delay? Can you actually open photoshop, select a brush, and draw freehand on the canvas using the pen/tablet? Any recommendations on what brands or models to use?

I have a Wacom intuos 3 and find it great plus wonderfully designed. I decided myself to purchase one a few time ago in order to save time (money). Using it is quite easy but your drawing gets definitely different than when it was on paper: YOU CAN'T DRAW PRECISELY WHILE LOOKING AT YOUR ENTIRE COMPOSITION WICH IS QUITE UNCONFORTABLE WHEN YOU WANT TO CREATE YOUR PICTURE DIRECTLY WITH YOUR TABLET... To my opinion, a sketch is always necessary in order to compose a picture correctly. Using the tablet is perfect for execution and details.