Soulstrutter Music Nerds, Hit Us With Your Updates

silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Ok, not to be on some "take that shit to the announcements forum" type dood, but to let the other strutters know what you got in the bag for the end of the year... I am curious about what the doods on this board are gonna be upto this year. Myself: I just half-assedly updated my site in order to document a the progress on my new LP/Art project and am about to drop a new mix on the folls, I even uploaded a little video so doods can get a feel for what kind of sound it is gonna have....(www.sixtoo.net). Anyways, toot your horns homies.

Comments

• nice! i'll check for that video soon.

things i wanna do before the end of the year: get a laptop and start recording music / producing tracks at home. make the switch to serato.

possible things in the cooker: 7" release through d******* records? mike 2600 piggybacks on part of a rap tour?

music-releated things: designing 8 zillion cd covers.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    THIS SUMMER:
    7-inch:
    IMG SRC=http://goodfootwax.com/images/jblovestore.jpg>
    CD:
    IMG SRC=http://goodfootwax.com/images/btstore.jpg>
    7-inch:
    IMG SRC=http://goodfootwax.com/images/beblackstore.jpg>

...and of course various Mix CD's, etc.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Hey peoples - I just installed a new RADIATOR on my FORD TEMPO.

And while waiting at a local mall, I had an APPLE JUICE and read a NEWSPAPER.

GOOD TIMES

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this year, i'm keeping it real, like i usually do. the industry can lick my balls, fuck itunes, i pod, i nano, fuck everybody. i'm starting my own label, vinyl and cassette only... fuck cd's, i'm giving away cd's, you want a cd? send me your address. cd's are shit.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    quo = joe beats the vinyl monkey?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i am not sure when, but i know later in '06 i'll be pressing up a new album (cd, and hopefully a few on LP). karlophone myspace page.

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    Mike needs a new mix.
    I straight burnt a whole in the cd on the last one.
    Jo? That you ? You gonna send me some bully tracks soon?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    quo = joe beats
    Nope, just a good friend of his.
    P.S.
    IMG SRC=http://www.goodfootwax.com/images/tiki1.jpg WIDTH=500>

• hey, wasn't i supposed to design that cover like 2 years ago? :-)

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    hey, wasn't i supposed to design that cover like 2 years ago? :-)

yeah, I forgot about that. This got shelved for a while!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    this year, i'm keeping it real, like i usually do. the industry can lick my balls, fuck itunes, i pod, i nano, fuck everybody. i'm starting my own label, vinyl and cassette only... fuck cd's, i'm giving away cd's, you want a cd? send me your address. cd's are shit.

• hey, wasn't i supposed to design that cover like 2 years ago? :-)

yeah, I forgot about that. This got shelved for a while!

haha no worries. hit me up with any other projects coming up if you wanna be lookin rill flowssy.

m

• this year, i'm keeping it real, like i usually do. the industry can lick my balls, fuck itunes, i pod, i nano, fuck everybody. i'm starting my own label, vinyl and cassette only... fuck cd's, i'm giving away cd's, you want a cd? send me your address. cd's are shit.

mini-cassette only or you're soft!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    wow. depressing thread, not much progress since last time we had one of these. ive just made some blazing downtempo schitt that will most likely remain unreleased.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Beer And Rap Mixtape: Hard Az Fuck Vol 2 ft Dj B.Cause

should be out in the next few weeks, it goes so hard. If things go well then maybe vol 3 & 4 will be out this year too.

• ^^^^^^^^^
    A$$ kicker RAP$

!!

Trying to get this pressed in the next couple...but damnit money is a FACTOR.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    do you care really?

I'm finishing up my demo for my debut rapper project. I'm hoping I can use the channels of some of my friends to get a 12" pressed up. I don't know if Japan will like my music, but I'm sure going to look that way.

Me and my DJ are working on this funky fresh mix CD idea. Emphasis on fresh. It'll be something different for the sake of being different, but masked by the fact that it's dope. We're trying to have it done by July.

I'm ready to make my mark in my city since our scene is on reeling on its heels. Hopefully some refreshing shows and parties thrown by myself will help get people's minds back in play.

Abstract I know... but whatever. No one cares about rappers anyway. But if you do, here is a sampler of my upcoming project:
    rappers suck. please excuse the mix job.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    out in a few weeks...

big shout to mr. castillo for the remix.

out now.

"Medium: Rare III" & "Well Done II: Burnt to a Crisp" mixes are pretty much done and ready to master
    should have those ready for public consumption in a couple months.

buy stuff!

• Just finished a Dancehall Mix CD - should be available late this week or early next. Classic late 80s and early 90s with some modern one drop sounds and a couple blends...44 tracks

• Hey peoples - I just installed a new RADIATOR on my FORD TEMPO.

And while waiting at a local mall, I had an APPLE JUICE and read a NEWSPAPER.

GOOD TIMES

dawg, hollar at me on the PM. I need that Radiator knowledge STAT!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    word. year goals are what's up. when my mind goes project oriented, more work gets done at a quality I'm pleased with.

I'm currently working on my summer album. I hope that it will be ready before summer ends. It will only be available on vinyl LP. At first it was going to be solely sampled from Meaty's vinyl, but I'm not trying to limit myself in that regard. It just has to fit the theme--escape from pressure world.

• what up what up.

just dropped a 7' on Bully (bigup six on the art tip)

elephant strut

romance

also later this year.
    (mid september?)
    The group i am apart of (Glue)will be releasing our new
    record "Catch As Catch Can" on FatBeats.

"Sunset Lodge" ep out now

A few more 7's later this year as well on shake it with Joey Beats,Matt Young,Scott Matelic (sorry for the slowdrag!)

Mr.D.Mr.Castle i can't wait.
    Mr.Delay fresh art can't wait to hear.
    Mr.Meat where you at?(Sup with that Freezerburn???)
    Mr.Six I wanna come over and sit on your cool chairs.

Oller

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    maker you're up late. holler on aim.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    What's up mr. sixtoo sir. This year I'm working on an EP, an LP, buncha legit and under-the-radar type remixes. And hopefully getting to fly out to Melbourne Australia in the fall for Red Bull Music Academy '06, just sent off my application.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Whattup Strutfaces,

I've been a little MIA with good reason. We are trying to put together a very eclectic Record Store here in Las Vegas. Not only will it be Rare records, but we'll also have Audio equipment, Instruments, Hand Blown Glass, and a bunch of other surprises. If any of you within the Next Few Months feels like Coming thru Vegas for a little performance, Now we have an official venue. What else, My crews Wednesday Night is blowing up at the Beauty Bar. That's not to be missed for a Vegas trip.

I've been buying audio equipment up the ass, and I am also planning a trip to South America this month. I turn 23 on the 19th of this month.

So, life is a little hectic in the Desert.

Wordup, peace to everyone
    Cause I aint been around in a minute.

- spidey

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Tsega is not even human. That cover is ridonkuloid.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm so very, very close to being done with my first 12-inch...just have to record a different verse from one of the MCs (happening Wednesday, if the date doesn't get pushed back again), and then it's off to get mastered. Finally!

Oh yeah: Also about 3/4 done with The Lyrics Born Variety Show Vol. II mixtape.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

oh yeah... that remix of "nas "lifes a bitch" is on here too, but not included on the label. yadada?

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Hey Sixtoo, I called you one night in 2001 one out of my office becasue you had your phone number on your website. We talked about producin and stuff and I asked you for videos for my TV show I did back than.

I still could use them !!! More later.

I've finished the production of my first 7" with my live band Imperial Breed which will come on Melting Pot Music. (Sound snippets are here) It will be out in july.

Than I'm working on a re-edit of a Melting Pot record which was very succesfull in the last 6 Month.

For the Soulstrut compilation I had a vision for my song called "Still Jivin'" which was impossibel to turn into realiuty because of certain facts. But now I came to the point where something important changed and I can do my Soulstrut song 100% in that way that I had wished for the last 12". (I wont let it out yet, you will get it when the compi drops)

I had contact to this NY lable Milkcrate records and they propably do a 45 of a track I did with some PE vocals (No, not bring the noise)

My main projekt is my old TV show. I'm bringing that to the net. One show per week, national guest and international guest. No overdubbing so all english interviews can be watched by you guys too.

And Sixtoo, thats the thing where I still could use some Anticon videos.

I'll post it when we start with the TV thing.

Peace
    Hawkeye