World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just trying to get all my work done to watch England beat the Trini's!

Looks like Ecuador & Germany are going through.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

I'd take either of these in the next round, gladly.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I'd take either of these in the next round, gladly.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I was close to a heart attack!

HAHAHA, I guess you were not the only one! We had so many good chances but always failed to score a goal. But what the hell, we won in the end!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Ecuador are the truth! These dudes are serious.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Ecuador are off to a flyer.

Definitely feeling this t-shirt...

that shirt is NIIIIIIIIICE.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    first 40 minutes:

England =

see you in the round of sixteen? maybe not?

auf wiedersehen. auf wiedersehen, auf wiedersehen, auf wiedersehen... overpaid chaps!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    half time: England:

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i am SO HAPPY for Ecuador right now... this shit is history in the making!! Germany/Ecuador match is gonna be off the wall... i'm just like WOW right now.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    how did crouch blow that volley so badly?

literally unmarked for days, yet he manages to almost hit it out for a throw in.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

England = Crouch =

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i am SO HAPPY for Ecuador right now... this shit is history in the making!! Germany/Ecuador match is gonna be off the wall... i'm just like WOW right now.

yeah! congrats. ecuador played a good match. i think they can win against Germany. they are a very good team.

yeah.. i'm stoked... they've come a long way. if you guys were to see the poor neighborhoods/slums that the Ecuadorian players grew up in, you would want them to succeed even more. i'm just glad that they've improved on the whole playing as a team part for this world cup.

so... does anyone know a site that's streaming the games live online? the BBC site seems to work for england residents only, and the fifaworldcup.com site has the highlights... but is there a site i can watch the games live on from work? any help's appreciated!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I am happy for the win and the qualification, but overall display was piss poor. Lampard's finishing left a lot to be desired, he should've buried at least a couple. Gerrard was forced to play too deep as a result of Lampard's forward runs.

Nice cross by Beckham, but his overall dead ball delivery was severely lacking today.

Player of the match for me would be Lennon, his introduction sparked the team more so than Rooney and gave the midfield some much needed pace.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

England = Crouch =

Uh, you were saying...?

Crouch =

Gerrard =

England =

Props to the Trinis, though - they really made England work for that result. For a while there, I even thought they might steal it. Not the greatest of England performances, but we're there now.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I am happy for the win and the qualification, but overall display was piss poor. Lampard's finishing left a lot to be desired, he should've buried at least a couple. Gerrard was forced to play too deep as a result of Lampard's forward runs.

Nice cross by Beckham, but his overall dead ball delivery was severely lacking today.

Player of the match for me would be Lennon, his introduction sparked the team more so than Rooney and gave the midfield some much needed pace.

Yeah, I thought Beckham had a mediocre game, too. Gerrard wasn't really impressing up until he scored either - he's clearly not comfortable playing behind Lampard. Ashley Cole was a little better today, but he's still way below his best. I thought Dennis Lawrence had a great game for T&T, and Dwight Yorke reminded me of a less bloodthirsty Roy Keane at times - tracking back to break up play and make key tackles, and acting as the link-up man between the Trini defence and the forwards. Impressive.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

so... does anyone know a site that's streaming the games live online? the BBC site seems to work for england residents only, and the fifaworldcup.com site has the highlights... but is there a site i can watch the games live on from work? any help's appreciated!

b/w only:
    http://www.ascii-wm.net/

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Although my Scottish heritage would never permit me to root for England

I can say that Beckham's cross to Crouch was spot on and Gerrard's shot was Fire!

that said, they will have to step their game up in the next round or they'll be done. (beware of Ecuador in the next round, If I were you guys I'd hope for Germany, their defense is still pretty suspect)

-B-

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Dwight Yorke played excellent, quite a valiant effort on his behalf. You can tell how much this means to him, playing in his first and probably last world cup. Kudos to T&T for a solid effort, the score belies their determination. They probably deserved better, but not at the expense of my beloved Engahland.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Not to turn this into a bash-England thread, because I really do want them to win, but I'll be shocked if they go beyond the Round of 16.
    Gerrard and Lampard good, but they're the same player, and as a team they have no imagination going forward. Rooney helps that a bit, but does he have the fitness???
    With Ecuador getting the goal difference nod, they'd only need to tie Germany to win the group. With England the likely winner of Group B, that sets up England/Germany. Even if Ecuador lose to Germany, as hot as they are (I know, Poland and Costa Rica... but they attacked and finished well and they didn't give up anything), England better get straight.

Who looks good so far? Argentina are class. Spain and Brazil, obviously.

Czech Republic, Germany and Ecuador have been flattered by meek opponents.

The U.S. may be the worst team in the tournament. Like, a notch below Angola.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

England =

next level crap?

80 minutes without a goal =

passes were terrible, shots even worse. But it's the end result that counts I guess, maybe they'll even make it past the 1/4 finals

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Brazil is in the same boat as England imo, they were not impressive at all. The whole Ronaldo is fat distraction is getting to be a bit too much, plus Adriano looked invisible too.

I'm sure they will turn it around though, but the impressive teams to me so far are Argentina, Ivory Coast, Spain and Ecuador. To be honest,it's still too early to tell.

LOL

maybe they'll think all that text is my work as well...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    To be honest,it's still too early to tell.

sayin...

Argentina and Spain have looked the best to me so far, but Ecuador seems to be on a roll.

by next round the realness should start to show.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

LOL

I just have to say I'm not impressed by Lampard at all. The guy seems to bent on getting a goal that he just hits at everything instead of maybe making a pass off to someone with a better shot. And even when he does get a great chance he hardly comes through.

All in all, I was impressed with T&T. England seemed in be in good form for the first 10 mins and then went to shite up until Rooney came on. Not that Rooney did much except for boosting the teams spirts a lil.

Fucking hell tho... I now pray to the Terry Gods!! That was going in 4sure if not for him! I was ready to throw something at the TV.

And for what it matters... Great cross by Becks to find Crouch. NO ROBOT DANCE THO

And like I've said before. Gerrard is the fucking man from outside the box.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Great cross by Becks to find Crouch. NO ROBOT DANCE THO

you'll have to wait a while, the legend himself said he will chillichlatchylow for a minute.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5072314.stm

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    my lame ass is currently stuck only with NY Times play by play blog....

but this is some funny schitt.

ny times

Kallstrom blasts it about 30 feet over the cross bar from 30 yards away. You???ve heard of the Group of Death? Between these two teams, England and Trinidad, this is the Group of Slow Death. At least Trinidad are likable. But these other three have done nothing to endear themselves to fans of soccer.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

LOL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/bbc_coverage/5037426.stm
    http://streamkalender.st.ohost.de/Anderes/sender.htm --> some of those links should work

Great cross by Becks to find Crouch. NO ROBOT DANCE THO

you'll have to wait a while, the legend himself said he will chillichlatchylow for a minute.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5072314.stm

Damn, I must have missed that. Oh well... I'll just have to wait for the winning of the cup!

chillichlatchylow... Hahahahaha I haven't thought about that song in ages!!! Do you have an mp3 of that Aser??? I'd love to hear it again.

I remember asking Eugene to go digging through the basement or attic for copies a few years back. gene couldn't even tell me how many were pressed :/ Oh well...