World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Spain is

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Spain is

4:0! Spain are usually the biggest bottlers of the lot in big tournements too.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    thanks for preventing the usa
    from having the worst defeat in first round play
    (bruce's boyz are only the second worst, with one last game starting soon)

nuff hating on henry, if trezeguet or saha had been in with him,
    then they may have beaten their scoreless curse

also, nuff talk about this rounder round ball,
    what's up with the pitch
    guys have been slipping & sliding all week
    are the wetting it before games, wrong cleats, ??

late game,
    who wants germany (grope & crew?) or poland (magic jackson ?)
    to win
    & why
    ?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

nuff hating on henry, if trezeguet or saha had been in with him,
    then they may have beaten their scoreless curse

Are you Domenech in disguise?

Again, no hate here - just a simple statement of the facts. During the regular Premiership season, I can watch Henry deliver match-winning performances week-in, week-out without the help of Trezeguet, Saha or just about anyone else in the French national side. In the big finals for Arsenal, or in international tournaments, he simply hasn't done it. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I do enjoy watching them and Henry, and during France '98 and Euro 2000 I won quite a bit of money betting on the French national side.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

late game,
    who wants germany (grope & crew?) or poland (magic jackson ?)
    to win
    & why
    ?

germany is going to win this! 3-1

i'm really wanna see Ballack play. He's not that good in my opinion. They should let Borowski play. He's a little stronger over-all. Ballack is just good for the standards.

Poland will do well though. They might have one of the strongest midfielders. Jacek Krzynowek. He's pretty cool. And Smolarek played a good season in the German Bundesliga (Dortmund).

But Germany will win. They seem to be relaxed, but confident and focused at the same time.

I just came home from shopping. Bratwurst, Bier and noodle-salad. Very German. Custard rules supreme over ketchup. Ketchup and Bratwurst is for little dudes. Real headz eat Bratwurst with custard.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    oh, i forgot to say that germany will win because of Klose, Lahm and Odonkor (hopefully he'll play - dude is fast!!!). Ballack might score a goal though. Mertesacker is one of the strongest defensive players worldwide. What a soccer player. I like him a lot!!!

Poland only has one string midfielder and their defense is not that strong IMO. Also, they have a weird coach. His decisions are kinda strange. What is he doing with the goalies? He doesn't have a #1!

• Options
    Tunisia just got nice in injury time. 2-2. That was a fun game to watch.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Wow, the Germany-Poland game was amazing. Germany had so many great looks all game, and to do it at the end....

Wow, the Germany-Poland game was amazing. Germany had so many great looks all game, and to do it at the end....

That was a hell of a game!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    forget about the game. did anyone see the "girls of the world cup" photo expose on foxsports or foxnews or something like that?

oh, i forgot to say that germany will win because of Klose, Lahm and Odonkor (hopefully he'll play - dude is fast!!!). Ballack might score a goal though. Mertesacker is one of the strongest defensive players worldwide. What a soccer player. I like him a lot!!!

Poland only has one string midfielder and their defense is not that strong IMO. Also, they have a weird coach. His decisions are kinda strange. What is he doing with the goalies? He doesn't have a #1!

Well, I have to say you deserved that result. You were right about Odonkor - he looked dangerous from the moment he came on, and that cross to Neuville for the goal was sweet. Mertesacker was solid at the back, and you were much tighter defensively than against Costa Rica. I thought Ballack had a great game, and Lahm, too. Schweinsteiger looked average tonight, though, and Klose was wretched. There was a lot of sloppy passing as well. Germany will probably go through as group winners now, but I don't think England need to worry too much if we have to face them.

forget about the game. did anyone see the "girls of the world cup" photo expose on foxsports or foxnews or something like that?

Shig, LINK PLAESE!

Shig, LINK PLAESE!

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/pgStory?contentId=5676192

AND

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/pgStory?contentId=3216398&pageNumber=3

Shig, LINK PLAESE!

Found it:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/pgStory?contentId=5676192

check out the 2nd link. its soccer wifey meat.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I was close to a heart attack!

Ballack looked weak IMO. Borowski would have been the better choice. Lahm was great. Mertesacker won over 80% of his duels. OVER 80%!!!

Poland was sooooo bad. What did they think? I guess they wanted to get rid of their coach and drag us down with them. WTF? Almost NO chances by Poland.

Klose was unlucky. Podolski was weak today. He can play much better. Schneider was horrible too. Most bad passes by Schneider, Ballack and Schweinsteiger.

Well, England definitely has the better players, but they need to advance as a team. At this point, Spain, the Czech Republic, Italy and Germany looked best.

Hopefully, the next game will be a little easier to watch. I'm a wreck right now! Totally stressed! I can't sleep now.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Bonus points if you can figure out which of the 4 is not a dude!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Odonkor is something special, pure quality right there.

oh and I was looking through those fsw wifey pics the other day. Every brack player had a trophy white wife, hahahah

5 pager here we come.

Bonus points if you can figure out which of the 4 is not a dude!!

Nah, really?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    gotta rep home.....playing costa rica tomorrow

yo crossing, what part of ecuador you from homie? always good to see other ecuatorianos

guayaquil/santo domingo de los colorados

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I was close to a heart attack!

wooha!!!

great entertainment. I still wonder why all the hardcore dudes today and yesterday on Berlin??s "Fanmeile" were Swedish.

you know what's funny? the only dude's still talking about soccer are the non-americans!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you know what's funny? the only dude's still talking about soccer are the non-americans!

ashley cole did quite nicely for himself on that one.

• Options

Today was a great day for games, especially the Germany/Poland match. I thought it was a certain draw when Germany hit the crossbar twice on one play in the box in the last couple of minutes before stoppage, figured it wasn't their day.

Put red hair on this one and stick a cigarette in her mouth and you have my last girlfriend.

ashley cole did quite nicely for himself on that one.

Cheryl Tweedy on the Strut? It's the end of days, I'm tellin' ya...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Germany!!!!! wow. they were getting some real good looks throughout the game, but they really willed it in, in the closing seconds. my workplace errupted with that shot.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    gotta rep home.....playing costa rica tomorrow

yo crossing, what part of ecuador you from homie? always good to see other ecuatorianos

guayaquil/santo domingo de los colorados

yeah.. looking forward to the game too.

i'm from guayaquil as well... i guess i should ask if you're a Barcelonista or an Emelecsista now?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    is funny you ask that, my whole family (including relatives) are hardcore barcelona fanatics. me being the rebal i was as a kid, id run around the house chanting "emelec, emelec". but at heart i was a barcelonista.
    its funny cause to this day when i have relatives from home visit me here, they still ask me if im an emelecsista but when in reality i never was, and they'll send me barcelona paraphernalia thinking that theyre pissing me off.

the only games ive ever been to were barcelona games

Ecuador are off to a flyer.

Definitely feeling this t-shirt...