World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    i'm excited! i don't think that brazil will play that good. and why is ronaldo still a soccer star??!?!? he's been playing pretty lame in madrid (just like zidan). there are tons of other good brazilian strikers. kick that dude out of the team. he's totally overrated. ronaldinho is ten times better...

brazil vs. croatia: 0-2

I have not been impressed with Ronaldo in a while either but when has the dude missed a chance to score when given one? In this case he is also enjoying Ronaldinho's passes. Definitely a big contender for the golden boot.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i'm excited! i don't think that brazil will play that good. and why is ronaldo still a soccer star??!?!? he's been playing pretty lame in madrid (just like zidan). there are tons of other good brazilian strikers. kick that dude out of the team. he's totally overrated. ronaldinho is ten times better...

brazil vs. croatia: 0-2

I have not been impressed with Ronaldo in a while either but when has the dude missed a chance to score when given one? In this case he is also enjoying Ronaldinho's passes. Definitely a big contender for the golden boot.

Klose

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

I remember watching Les Bleus win WC98 and never thinking they were that good. How do you say "fluke" in French?

lawdamercy, are you serious????? put down that haterade for a minute

they won in 98 then also euro in 2000. I would not call that a fluke, zidane was the best of his generation, no contest.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I remember watching Les Bleus win WC98 and never thinking they were that good. How do you say "fluke" in French?

they won in 98 then also euro in 2000. I would not call that a fluke, zidane was the best of his generation, no contest.

the team now is still good they got that defense on lock maka and gallas and have the deepest bench treze, cisse along with great experience and chemistry from all the veterans..and the master creator..zidane

however i want to see more of the young blood like govou and that other guy

i always wondered what senegal and other african teams would be like if they had these french "citizens" in their team

henry does not seem to be flowing well with others though and i agree wiltord should have been better

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    dang, brazil is lucky. their game is
    ronaldo is definitely not fit. Kaka is the only one who's looking good. Go Croatia. Get those arrogant, ignorant Brazilians.

Brazil =

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Get those arrogant, ignorant Brazilians.

Watch yourself with that talk...ive always found the brazilians to play with good sportsmanship and to seemingly play for "fun"

ignorant...what do you mean? cause they are from brazil?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    so i was awoken this morning by cheers and car horns and i couldnt figure out why. did mexico win? el salvador? nope.

im at work now and the one korean chick that works at the deli had a half shirt "be the reds" thing with a "be the reds" baboushka. i mean, she aint that cute but her body sure is so im like "go korea!" i just saw another hottie korean chick at the local el pollo loco rockin the half shirt thingy too. anyways, ktown is abuzz with happy much joyful!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Watch yourself with that talk...ive always found the brazilians to play with good sportsmanship and to seemingly play for "fun"

i meant their style. not their behavior. they seem to be unprepared. and kinda ignorant. i have yet to see them fight and sweat like other players...

i hate when they are being asked about other players and they start to act like they don't know them. they can't pronounce a single foreign name.

the players are cool guys, no doubt. i didn't mean to hate on them. i'm just saying that they could advance their game if they weren't so arrogant as a team... playing soccer...

they are no doubt the best soccer players in the world.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i also tried to be funny, but i'm a little drunk right now... sorry!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i understand what you mean

but teams play their own style and have success with their own style

just like senegal run in the last cup they were just playung for fun not too organised and that was the stegth of their team chemistry

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    the one korean chick that works at the deli had a half shirt "be the reds" thing with a "be the reds" baboushka. i mean, she aint that cute but her body sure is so im like "go korea!" i just saw another hottie korean chick at the local el pollo loco rockin the half shirt thingy too. anyways, ktown is abuzz with happy much joyful!

was this her Shiggy ?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    the one korean chick that works at the deli had a half shirt "be the reds" thing with a "be the reds" baboushka. i mean, she aint that cute but her body sure is so im like "go korea!" i just saw another hottie korean chick at the local el pollo loco rockin the half shirt thingy too. anyways, ktown is abuzz with happy much joyful!

was this her Shiggy ?

that's the top!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Best believe Bresil is playing at 75% of their strength in every way possible.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Best believe Bresil is playing at 75% of their strength in every way possible.

If Croatia's finishing had been of a better standard, that could have been very embarrassing.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Brazil = Phoenix Suns

Fun to watch for the uninitiated.

you guys are hating on brazil plain and simple.

if brazil's finishing had been better it could have easily been a 3-0 match. adriano missed a guaranteed goal in the second half.

and as far as players sweating i would say ronaldhino and roberto carlos are two of the hardest working players on the pitch, they never give up on a ball. ronaldo on the other hand should maybe sit out a game or two while robinho shows him how its done.

No hatt here - they did what they needed to do. A more ruthless opposition, and they'd have had to work a lot harder for the win is all I'm saying.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

I suppose.

Zidane was the best of his generation. It's time to start referring to France in past-tense unless they put in the younger players.

Cisse isn't even on the team.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Brazil = Phoenix Suns

Have you ever played soccer on a competitive level?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Brazil = Phoenix Suns

Have you ever played soccer on a competitive level?

relax, i only said that cuz they're both exciting to watch, and easy to understand even for a non-soccer head (which I am). by the way, I am rooting for Brazil and South Korea.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I was only using your line, BTW.

Er, Cisse broke his leg in a warm-up. Pretty sure he'd be there otherwise. What's more baffling about the French squad is the absence of Mexes, Giuly and Micoud.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Er, Cisse broke his leg in a warm-up. Pretty sure he'd be there otherwise. What's more baffling about the French squad is the absence of Mexes, Giuly and Micoud.

And what the hell's happened to Viera?? I watched him in the two games against arsenal in the champs league and yesterday and he's looked like a complete terd each time.

This also applies to Henry - World class in the prem, but he just looks ordinary in pressure games.

And what the hell's happened to Viera?? I watched him in the two games against arsenal in the champs league and yesterday and he's looked like a complete terd each time.

This also applies to Henry - World class in the prem, but he just looks ordinary in pressure games.

I only caught the highlights of the France game, but none of them really covered themselves in glory, did they? Henry is truly bewildering - there can't be any doubt that he's been one of the outstanding players in the Prem over the last few years, but his failure to deliver in the big games, either for club or country, is in real danger of overshadowing his other achievements. As for Vieira, yesterday was further proof that Wenger sold him at just the right time. He looks like a player in decline.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Here are my tips for today:

Spain vs. Ukraine 1:1

Tunesia vs. Saudi-Arabia 3:0

Germany vs. Poland 2:0

(ab 21 Uhr wird zur??ckgeschossen! )

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I only caught the highlights of the France game, but none of them really covered themselves in glory, did they? Henry is truly bewildering - there can't be any doubt that he's been one of the outstanding players in the Prem over the last few years, but his failure to deliver in the big games, either for club or country, is in real danger of overshadowing his other achievements. As for Vieira, yesterday was further proof that Wenger sold him at just the right time. He looks like a player in decline.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Henry's not a big game player.

He's never scored in any competitive final at club level and, while i don't doubt his ability and genius with the ball, I'd still have him reasonably down the list of top strikers who I'd want in a one on one with a keeper.

As for Vieira, yesterday was further proof that Wenger sold him at just the right time. He looks like a player in decline.

Yup, as much as it pains me to admit it, Wenger is a genius in the market

....(what was that at the back? Franny Jeffers??).

As far as today goes, ima go for Tunisia, and two draws in the Spain and Germany games.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Interesting from AP

STUTTGART, Germany -- This time Thierry Henry blamed hot grass and bad refereeing for France's 0-0 draw against Switzerland yesterday.

Barely a month ago, Henry argued that a poor linesman and cynical tackling from defenders cost Arsenal the Champions League final against Barcelona.

But in both matches, a greater truth stood out amid the accusations: That Henry misses chances in big games.

Switzerland defender Patrick Mueller handled Henry's first-half shot, and Russian referee Valentin Ivanov waved away French penalty appeals.

"Once again the referee didn't see it and it came at a moment in the match when we were really on top," Henry said. "I know that the rule is hand-to-ball, but if the ball hits the hand and it stops it going in, that should be a penalty."

He also lamented that the Stuttgart pitch had not been prepared properly.

Because it had been watered at midday rather than just before the early evening kickoff, Henry said it was sticky underfoot in the hot conditions.

"The ball was getting stuck under the players' feet all the time," he said. "Then I saw them watering the pitch after the match. What's the point of that? There's no game there tonight."

After both Arsenal's defeat, and yesterday's draw, Henry pointed his accusing finger at everything else except the fact he failed to score.

Against Switzerland, Henry missed with a tame header, twice shot weakly at goalkeeper Pascal Zuberbuehler, and mishit a simple pass to Sylvain Wiltord.

On the bench sat David Trezeguet: A far less skilful player than Henry but a far better finisher. Trezeguet failed to make even a substitute appearance, even though the match was crying out for a centre-forward to convert Zinedine Zidane's brilliant passing into goals.

France coach Raymond Domenech leapt to the defence of Henry by also blaming the hot grass.

"If they had watered the pitch just before, the ball would have slid properly," Domenech said, "rather than keep getting stuck."

Swiss goalkeeper Pascal Zuberbuehler had expected a busy game, but made only one difficult save. The Swiss also tied the French in two qualifying games, so this was a familiar result for the '98 world champion.

"We know that team all too well," Domenech said. "It's the sort of match we expected. We could have beaten them in the first half, they could have won the match in the second half.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    25 minutes played an already 2:0 for Spain!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    25 minutes played an already 2:0 for Spain!

Spain is looking good.

Because it had been watered at midday rather than just before the early evening kickoff, Henry said it was sticky underfoot in the hot conditions.

"The ball was getting stuck under the players' feet all the time," he said. "Then I saw them watering the pitch after the match. What's the point of that? There's no game there tonight."

To be fair to old Terry Henry, quite a few players and coaches have been commenting on this over the last week. Seems ridiculous to have these new hi-tech balls that are 'rounder than any other type of ball', then spoil the benifits of that with a duff pitch. Surely everyone wants to see players running at oponents with the ball and a dry pitch ain't goung to help that at all.

PS. Go Spain, good to see Xabi get on the scoresheet after the injury forced him off in the FA Cup Final