World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    koller is a monster

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this is wack... america sucks balls. im feeling embarrassed for them... seriously i feel kinda bad.

whats embarrassing is when the announcers are all positive when the US makes a good move and look at them... sad.

• sconesscones 434 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Czech vs. USA: 3-0

Sorry about that USA! We know you can do better. Remember 2002? Go for it!

Czech team was super strong! What a game! Congrats to all the czech Soulstrutters

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Republic vs. USA: 3-0

I was having lunch and watching this game.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ghana italy

once again italians get away with penalties..the first one was horrible

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    US National team looked TERRIBLE! No energy, no drive, nothing. Italy will beat them next.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    ghana italy

once again italians get away with penalties..the first one was horrible

No offense to any Italians but it was nice to see them go down from some proper tackles rather than the normal diving from a nudge they tend to offer up.

If nothing else I think Italy are going to walk it for the title of most unnecessary greasy locks award.

Argentina are still recovering from their "no girlie men" period in the nineties and Portugal, after showing promising hair grease the last couple of tournaments have now falled way behind the Italian's levels.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Oh yeah,

the Czech kicked ass today, what a great team! I hope Koller will recover quickly. After enjoying Ghana vs. Italy I must say that the Italians are very strong this time, too. I wonder why Del Piero didn't play from the beginning, I think he's the best player in the Italian team...I'm looking forward to see Italy vs. Czech Republic

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I'm looking forward to see Italy vs. Czech Republic

Me too. Both teams did a good job today, but Czech was

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT![/b]

I just watched the highlights of the Czech Republic vs USA matchup. US got beat by soccer 101, breakaways, not clearing out the ball properly. If this is indicative of their abilities, they will not win one match this World Cup.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    anyone know where u can see instant replays of goals online?????!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    anyone know where u can see instant replays of goals online?????!

Good ol' BBC shoudl be able to sort you out there

BBC World Cup coverage

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I watch the video clips on yahoo via the FIFA World Cup link in the middle of the new design style beta Yahoo page. Just as good, streaming video.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Toni was the man, Italia will proceed, no doubt. I guess I'll have to agree with many tv reporters that the first half was the best 45 minutes played yet at this WC.

And Koller's an animal, he can't be stopped, unless he'll get seriously injured.

We'll need a new thread for the quarters.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Toni was the man, Italia will proceed, no doubt. I guess I'll have to agree with many tv reporters that the first half was the best 45 minutes played yet at this WC.

And Koller's an animal, he can't be stopped, unless he'll get seriously injured.

We'll need a new thread for the quarters.

I was a little disappointed with Toni. He was a constant threat, but he really should have put at least three of those opportunities away. I ended up thinking it was Christian Vieri redux. The first half was terrific stuff, and Essien was superb for Ghana, but the Ghanaians were their own worst enemy in the end. When you concede against Italy, you know you're going to see plenty of the ball because it's their way to sit back on a lead, let the opposition come to them, and try to catch them on the break. Ghana moved the ball around beautifully in the second half - lots of short passes and good approach play - but in the final third of the field, their players were prone to take a touch too many, and the moves collapsed. Ghana's keeper was a little eccentric, but when he stayed on his line, he made some impressive saves. Lippi's substitutions surprised me as well - bringing on strikers when they're defending a lead?? Not seen an Italian coach do that for a while...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Lippi's substitutions surprised me as well - bringing on strikers when they're defending a lead?? Not seen an Italian coach do that for a while...

I think Lippi's known for doing that sort of thing. A striker with pace to hang up front as lone man and hit em on the break while the rest defend - classic Parma and Juve 1-0 tactics.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Also, I love how they do that TMobile "Man of the Match" thing, maybe 12 minutes before the game ends with all of the lower screen of my picture obscured with their skeevy ad b s. Oops!

& the announcers are a joke
    each pair worse than the preceding one
    the only decent comments are from the british / irish duo
    relegated to the "lesser watched" matches

We had to change it to Univision. I can't take the soccer 101 stuff any more. "THat's the third sub. Remember kids, no more subs for you". Tommy Smith knows soccer, those other cats are worthless. Wynalda, Lalas and Foudy are total cardboard in the studio.

Figo played brilliantly for the first 10 min (as did Portugal) and then he became a turn over machine.

Ronaldo hit the post and almost scored two other times. He was not the problem. Blood was getting shit done. I understand that people don't like his showboating but he was right to be pissed about coming off when the rest of those turds couldn;t get shit done. Once he left, Portugal really didn't have a shot on goal the rest of the way.

I think Germany showed a lot of spunk (ayo) but that D is a mess. Argentina played superbly against a real team (Costa Rica ain't shit). Crespo and Saviola were money.

As for the USA. I thought they played very well offensively in the first half. Reyna was unlucky hitting the post. The D was shaky, that first goal was just stupid. Rosiky's goal was a monster that nobody in the world could have stopped. The second half was a disaster. It looked like we were coached by Figo and company. TOs galore, zero energy. What was up with the soft chip approaches from just outside the 18 yard box? It looked like we were playing out of sand traps. Beasley was such a pussy on the outside. He didn't try to beat anybody when we needed him to create heat. A terrible effort. Great execution by the Czechs.

BTW Portugal is going to hammer Iran.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Crazy upset! Japan fell apart. Big up to Australia!!! 3 goals in 8 minutes in the second half? WTF!

Australia better celebrate now, cause that shit is not gonna happen with Brasil!

Yes Sir. We are going absolutely bananas right now!!!!

I hope we can hold out and just win one more match.

Brasil will punish us through.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    great goal by togo, considering they are the weakest team in the tourney and haven't even practiced due to the payment dispute. Korea what is up?????

They need to step it up. I want to see them go buck wild at the local supermarket experience. Hopefully they'll have super sales to celebrate a win, hah!

cahill was the one man wrecking crew yesterday.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I can not wait no more, I want that French team to play now!!

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Fuck I have to work this evening so I can't see Brazil vs. Croatia. Fuuuuuuuuck!!! Somebody drop a bomb on my company, pleeeeeze!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    forget italy, a bunch of whiners if you ask me. they'll advance but get knocked out in the next round.

croatia - brasil today will be illlllll .. they might even tie.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    GO COREA!!!![/b]

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    all the group action is shaping up
    for some do or die games for the rest of the week
    if the swiss or croats can further rock the boat
    euro-bookies may be out some $$

Get ready folls, The gods are hitting the pitch is less than three hours!!!!

Get your new Brasil kicks on...

Get your Ronaldo teeth in....

Get your Brasil "Stunna" shades on....

It's about to be on..........

Can't forget this mami, a Soulstrut favorite!

France, what's the deal? No goals scored in your last 4 world cup games? The French team's performance was pretty lackluster. I expected to see more from Zidane and Henry.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Word! That was a really bad match...

The problem today was Wiltord.

Next match he will

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i'm excited! i don't think that brazil will play that good. and why is ronaldo still a soccer star??!?!? he's been playing pretty lame in madrid (just like zidan). there are tons of other good brazilian strikers. kick that dude out of the team. he's totally overrated. ronaldinho is ten times better...

brazil vs. croatia: 0-2

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    France is old and it showed.

I remember watching Les Bleus win WC98 and never thinking they were that good. How do you say "fluke" in French?