how often does this happen to you?

Dj_Coma_ToastDj_Coma_Toast 874 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
You are at a garage sale, flea market, wherever and someone says "yeah, i have a bunch of records at home. Let me get your number and we'll make a deal, etc." and they never call you back. I think i give out my number at least once a week and noone ever calls back. very frustrating.

Comments

• get their number.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    get their number.

yeah man. c'mon now, who wants the records more? you or them? get their number and you can call whenever. much better than hoping they call you, more than likely they'll go home and forget about it or not feel like messing with em unless you call.

• Sure, get the digits if they are willing to give em out.
    However, this can result in a wallet bulging with little
    scraps of paper with a phone number and "records" scrawled
    on it that you can't read 'cause you forgot about it and
    the ink got all smudgy in your sweltering wallet.

I probably have at least 10 such scraps where there is
    at least 2 digits unreadable.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    You are at a garage sale, flea market, wherever and someone says "yeah, i have a bunch of records at home. Let me get your number and we'll make a deal, etc." and they never call you back. I think i give out my number at least once a week and noone ever calls back. very frustrating.

Have your boy Brian J Peppers sit outside their house with a pair of GP-3's with the mixer and speakers playin' "Endless Flight" doubles until they call you.

• I know i should get thier number (which i do when its another collector, or theres trades involved) but it can be awkward asking for a strangers number, when they ask for my number, i trust them to call me. that simple.