I GOT IT MADE MY FIRST 7" IS COMING / LISTEN

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Moin moin, as we used to say here in my small town in nothern Germany.I have the honor to announce that my first 7" record is going to be released in july.If you are curious enough than check this Link and listen to the tracks "On The Run" and "Horny Pipin' Bats".CHECK THE PLAYER It's coming on Melting Pot.PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• Moin moin, as we used to say here in my small town in nothern Germany.

I have the honor to announce that my first 7" record is going to be released in july.

If you are curious enough than check this Link and listen to the tracks "On The Run" and "Horny Pipin' Bats".

CHECK THE PLAYER

It's coming on Melting Pot.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Great music.
    both are great songs .fresh and firme

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    It's coming on Melting Pot.
    AYO!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Congrats, dude. The tracks sound nice.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    cot damn... I am loving the music...imma have to cop that 7'....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    cot damn... I have loved the music, since i heard it...imma have to cop that 7'....

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Congrats... these are definitely sounding nice.

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts
    DOPE...

• Congrats! Cool tracks.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    did you played all the instruments??? are those samples????
    anyway, sound fucking great.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Ei guuude, as we say here near Frankfurt . Dope tracks, I gonna have to order a copy! If I didn't knew this was new stuff I would' ve thought it was recorded mid 70ies...

Your bandname is also !

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Yo thanks for your compliments.

No, there are no samples. Everything is played live, I'm not able to play instruments but I played a IKEA childrens tambourine on Horny Pipn' Bats, I made the synth storm sounds on Horny Pipn Bats with my old Roland cheapo synth from 73.

The drummer Roberto Kien and me are the spine of that projekt, we work out all the melodies on a midi piano with a PC and than we force poor hobo players to play what we thought of.
    We record the base with a bassist and guitarist and than we think who we could put on top.

Soundwise I follow the holy book of Roth. Gabriel Roth wrote an article in the Big Daddy Magazine in 2001 and it made me brave enough to throw away everything that I've learned from all those studio tech nerds and music instrument seller idiots who always say one thing:

YOU CAN'T DO THAT !!!!!!

Fuck you, I did, I recorded with Radio Shack mics for one buck, you said my spring reverb tank wouldnt work if I directly connect it to my console, blaam, you loose.
    It worked as you can hear in the intro of Horny Pipin' Bats. The dubish thunder sound is my spring reverb.

You said I cant get a good drum sound if I record with only 2 mics, I did it and the drums are dope. You said everything besides the Roland Sapce echo is shit, you loose, I bought a $80 Dyancord and it works well.

Gabriel Roth was absolutley right, I record with the shittiest equipment and the sound was still to clean. I record everything onto a cassette recorder and I learned where the nice cymball hiss sound and the booming bass from old productions is coming from.

I needed over a year to come to the point where I said thats allright, but I still have a lot to learn when it comes to the original sound.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Yo, I made a mix that is online for your listening enjoyment. Check it out under this link.

LINK AND TRACKLIST TO ONLINE MIX

Peace
    Hawkeye

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    [quoteYou said everything besides the Roland Sapce echo is shit, you loose, I bought a $80 Dyancord and it works well.
    Fresh! I have one of those aswell. Echochord Super 76!

Mine is a echocohrd Mini, do you know the difrences ???

Peace
    Hawkeye