Django Youtube Facemelt

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Django Reinhardt learned guitar and began working professionally on the instrument at age twelve. At first he accompanied accordionists in Parisian caf??s. In 1928 his left hand was badly burned in a caravan fire; he lost the use of two fingers and had to teach himself how to play from scratch. (Throughout his life, wherever he went, guitarists were awed by his ability to play scales with just two fingers.)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Django Reinhardt learned guitar and began working professionally on the instrument at age twelve. At first he accompanied accordionists in Parisian caf??s. In 1928 his left hand was badly burned in a caravan fire; he lost the use of two fingers and had to teach himself how to play from scratch. (Throughout his life, wherever he went, guitarists were awed by his ability to play scales with just two fingers.)

2 or 6 you gotta be awed.

heres another another

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Short conversation w/ Jeff Tweedy after a Golden Smog gig some years ago - mostly him gushing over Django and the coincidence of Reinhardt having a song called 'Belleville'... Don't sell Grappelli short either...

• Don't sell Grappelli short either...
    he has a beautiful cover of django's "tears". just him and a fender rhodes. very

• i don't mean to crash the thread with this, but i recently found an incredible mingus clip i had to share... 1964 w/ eric dolphy, clifford jordan, jaki byard, johnny coles & dannie richmond. bass work is just mindblowing...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-yWKRQgDPB4&search=mingus

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

Short conversation w/ Jeff Tweedy after a Golden Smog gig some years ago - mostly him gushing over Django and the coincidence of Reinhardt having a song called 'Belleville'... Don't sell Grappelli short either...[/b]

Hell yes. The Quintet of the Hot Club of Paris stuff is smokin!

Django rules.