So I Stopped Caring About Trying To Push My Music!

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
this whole supposed "hip hop game" is saturatedive come to the conclusin i must make music for funme and my friends own a little indie hip hop label called Fingerprint Recordsmy new CD came out today actuallyits called Dez and Nobs-Behemothim Nobs and i do the beatsDez rhymesi'm making it available to you guys for freewhy? cuz none of you would hear it any other wayi just want to give something backif u ever wanna buy it, youll find a waybut for now...just listen and drop some thoughtsand if you know all the drum breaks its ok....i really dont mindheres 2 linkshttp://www.sendspace.com/file/2wt3ff anddddhttp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=99194E770F9E3ECDthank you everyone-chris

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    ive come to the conclusion i must make music for fun

nice one man, downloading now.

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
    So... I'm gonna push it on Soulstrut.

I know we made this for fun and we shouldn't care what anyone thinks, but Im gonna ask for feedback anyway because we really do care what people think.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2wt3ff

andddd

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=99194E770F9E3ECD

thank you everyone

-chris

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    So... I'm gonna push it on Soulstrut.

I know we made this for fun and we shouldn't care what anyone thinks, but Im gonna ask for feedback anyway because we really do care what people think.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2wt3ff

andddd

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=99194E770F9E3ECD

thank you everyone

-chris

i care what some wise ass on a message board thinks

exactly

your opinion means as much as wet shit

does that make sense?

i hope it doesnt

critique my fucking grammar

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    because we really do care what people think.

i care what some wise ass on a message board thinks

dude had the balls to post his album, clownage was/is inevitable round here but ya gotta give him respect for that.

it's like i never spam. i contribute to the forum when i can. i dont use the computer too often. i'm giving something away i think people might enjoy. something i spent a year working on. something i put money into. and then someone takes my gesture as an opportunity to increase his their post count and try to make cyber friends. everyones going to have opinions, but just blatantly being a dick makes you look like a 12 yr old using daddies' computer. if you are so heated at my actions, then just look the other way.

it wasnt aimed at you though nzshadow...i love you

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    I think it was a nice gesture of you to share your work wih this community!

Keep on...

• BeekBeek 146 Posts

The album is dope, download it guys

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Those tracks are fire

Any chance you release an instrumental album? (to the strut???)

Really dope stuff, keep up the good work!

• i like the album.
    thanks for sharing foo.bump it in the skylark.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Reminds me of Murs... just really bitter. Some of the beats are seriously dope. Good work. Is this your first album? Anything else you've done?

thanks for all the kind words

keep on listening and give it to as many people as u want

to answer the questions

instrumental version? we have nothing pressed but i will upload the instrumentals at some point and give them out

other work? ive been making music since 2000...back then alot of it sucked haha

i have some solo stuff where i rap under the name Nobs...i also make beats on that but its far less aggressive

this is what im most proud of

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I Stopped Caring (...)

Accept disgrace willingly
    Accept misfortune as the human condition
    Accept being unimportant
    Do not be concerned with loss or gain

--Lao Tsu

Who gives a fuck about what they like, right?
    --Public Enemy

How many on the advice of their psychoanalysts, decided a business career was better after all?
    --Ferlinghetti

I get a rush when I bust some dope lines I wrote.
    --Omar Credle

We're not here to answer cuntish questions.
    -Debord

Who cares what everybody thinks. One can form an alliance only with the future.
    --Susan Sontag

There is the greatest misery in hope, in hopelessness is the height of bliss.
    --Vairagyasatak Upanishad

Oh, is that your Rolls Royce?
    --Boots Riley

• Dude, I wish you the best. Really.

But at least be honest. Say something like "Yo, check out our shit and tell me what you think."

Ya know?

of course i want people to check it...i posted the link if you didnt notice....dont backpedal

i forgive you for being a dick

bye

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts

-Debord

more debord references in hip hop please.

ps to the original poster:

this is pretty fucking good. i'd suggest re-recording the vocals in a professional studio, but yeah, you guys are on the right track. keep on.

-Debord

more debord references in hip hop please.

ps to the original poster:

this is pretty fucking good. i'd suggest re-recording the vocals in a professional studio, but yeah, you guys are on the right track. keep on.

the vocals were recorded in a professional studio

the guy who mixed the record rushed the vocals in the mix and they came out way too loud...

mastering couldnt do much and we had a deadline

when the repress is about to take place we may go back and relevel stuff

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

-Debord

more Bambouche posts plaese

i like your music.

im not going to attempt to dissect and analyse it, to make informed comparisons or referance influences, i just want to say congratulations on finishing and thanks for posting your new album (!!!)

p.s. you need to post more, we need more funny cunts.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    this is good shit... i'm diggin the beats more than the vocals though... i agree with whoever said that the vocals sound a bit like murs. if anything, i'd suggest more guest MCs just so there's the occasional change in voice. one of the last [hidden] tracks for example had a nice loop & more than 1 MC spitting on top of that... i dug that more for some reason. your beats are on point though. congrats on the LP release.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    sound nice, i'll promote it out here.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I think you guys did a good job of creating a consistent aesthetic. I think the beats are nice, but it's just loops on most of them - not a lot of variation.

Dez is indie rap's answer to The Game. Dude dropped more names than I can recall by any other indie rapper in recent memory. LOL That's cool, but funny since it reminds me of, ya know, The Game.

"Staring Problem" was the freshest to me, because it was the most upbeat and the most subtle variations. The chorus is great too.

All in all, good work... you guys [Finger Print Records artists] get better on every release. I think that says more than anything. Keep it up.

thanks

i appreciate that