I just got popped in the jaw for no reason

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Sorry to hear that, tallbobsmoke.

I remember, back in 1993, I saw Run DMC and Onyx live in Paris, at La Cigale.
    The show quickly turned out to a big fight, shit! It was crazy.
    I was alone, I've been "killed" by 6 dudes
    I was cool, walking slowly, tryna see the scene and a big bastard kicked me in the face, and then 5 other dudes came and you know...
    They were black, racist and stupid.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Has anyone seen this Showtime/Spike Lee Baysploitation flick?

There's this one scene where the white kid whose family moves to Hunter's Point gets punched in the face while sitting on his stoop, ostensibly for no reason, but upon closer examination it becomes apparent that he is listening to some Hieroglyphics bullschitt really loud on his headphones.

And do ya'll really call it "Sucker Free City"?

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, that movie sucked.

but yes, Sucker Free City is a term we use in the "streetz". SFC for short.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

There's this one scene where the white kid whose family moves to Hunter's Point gets punched in the face while sitting on his stoop, ostensibly for no reason, but upon closer examination it becomes apparent that he is listening to some Hieroglyphics bullschitt really loud on his headphones.

whats wack is that cause spike would only do the first episode showtime didnt want to pick it up as a series.

...and outside of the absolute ridiculousness of that white family moving from the mission to HP (which i think was more SD but i may be wrong), it was pretty good. HE was a mark.

and only fools who have no respect for SF says sucker free. thats some little kid ignorant shit.

chris- sorry about your run-in. though the only cat i can agree with 100% is josh. carnaval & todays holiday have the young punks wilding everytime. thats probably typical anywhere but thats the mission. it also didnt matter if you had glasses on or not. youre a tall dude with curly hair who was out in the mission by himself on a sunny day with kids who just wanted to wild out on someone. be thankful you only got socked in the jaw and not worse. and really cuz.... that shits insignificant. a good story but if you had acted you wouldnt be here to write this story. you did the right thing in my book yo. i wouldnt of fought back either at my age. too slow and too damn broken.

but... if youd like to take a stand, ill go with you and we can grab a couple of these motherfuckers and use a hammer and some nails on em. its kinda old school but effective.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    In the UK we have this thing called 'happy slappin' dunno if its got accross the pond yet?
    But basically what happens is a group of kids go out a find someone to hit, or slap, in the street, in broad daylight. One goes up and hits the victim, whilst the other film it on their mobile phones. Much laughter ensues. Fuckers then send it to all thier friends, even post it on the internet.
    There was one gang recently, who spent the whole night going around filming themselves beating up random people. Only they went too far, and kicked this gay guy to death. Shits f'ed up.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

In the UK we have this thing called 'happy slappin' dunno if its got accross the pond yet?

We got it in France too. It starting...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    ahhh that sucks.

at least you say it was hardly a punch, ok heres my 0.02:

i can see why you ran for the bar when it happenned, but looks like you thought better of calling the boys in blue, good move. sounds like the only part of you that is bruised is your pride. thats cool, now let let that shit go. (and it sounds like you have).
    aint nothing worse than damaged pride, that shit sorts the men from the boys, people have been killed over a dis. its fuckin pathetic, dudes walking round thinking they Tony Montana. (funny how your boy was in a group too huh?)

let it slide and save yourself some grief.

reality is perception: let those tough guys live in their world, they wont last long.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    But basically what happens is a group of kids go out a find someone to hit, or slap, in the street, in broad daylight. One goes up and hits the victim, whilst the other film it on their mobile phones. Much laughter ensues. Fuckers then send it to all thier friends, even post it on the internet.
    There was one gang recently, who spent the whole night going around filming themselves beating up random people. Only they went too far, and kicked this gay guy to death. Shits f'ed up.

One of the news shows in the US did a story on it (which means the fad will be coming to a high school near you) and showed a bunch of the clips and interviewed the mom of the guy who died. It was pretty gruesome, they took pictures of him eyes closed with blood coming out of his mouth.

The whole thing seems absolutely crazy to me and i have a feeling too many 'happy slappers" will eventually slap the wrong people and gets what's coming to them.

So this is where we're at in 2006 i guess.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

seriously though that's fucked up, personally I fight back whenever I am hit I don't care if there's five or fifteen dudes because next time they see you they will respect you at least a lil bit whereas if you do not you are seen as a moark and you will have to run every time.

Well, fuck it. I'm not changing. I don't fight. It didn't even cross my mind.

Them sound like prison rules.

Ha!

It's actually the rules you learn living as a youth in places like.... The Mission.

And just so it's very clear, me and the homie got jumped in Berkeley (!) a few years ago; we fought like fifteen kids probably no older than 16 or 17 and took our lumps. Nothing wrong with getting your ass kicked, but I personally feel it necessary to stand up for myself in the process.

I'm not one to kick a man when he's down but I think this thread needs some SeanThomas.

• I'm not one to kick a man when he's down but I think this thread needs some SeanThomas.

I'm a poindexter. Are you talking about these guys?

Just to clarify, I didn't run. The one dude popped me, they laughed and they kept going their way. I walked away to the bar.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    poindexter

VS.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

whats wack is that cause spike would only do the first episode showtime didnt want to pick it up as a series.

...and outside of the absolute ridiculousness of that white family moving from the mission to HP (which i think was more SD but i may be wrong), it was pretty good. HE was a mark.

What about that ridiculous leather over-the-shoulder saddle bag thing dude carried his schitt around in?

Is that a common fashion eyesore out there?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I believe you are referring to the item known as a manpurse.

You're feigning ignorance of its staple status with the uptown boho crowd...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    manpurse

I believe you are referring to the item known as a manpurse.

You're feigning ignorance of its staple status with the uptown boho crowd...

No, this is like a double manpurse connected by a leather strap and dude slung it over his shoulder so he had one manpurse in the front and a second one in the back.

I have never seen one out in the world.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    faux_rillz: turning every post into a catty fashion indictment since '02.

I would imagine that this saddle-bag inspired double manpurse would be rather popular where you're from, with the equine theme and all.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I would imagine that this saddle-bag inspired double manpurse would be rather popular where you're from, with the equine theme and all.

It's too hot for that shit down here.

• holy shit this is the best thing to happen to soulstrut in a long fucking time

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    holy shit this is the best thing to happen to soulstrut in a long fucking time

It's true. Let's just pray more Strutters get punched in the face soon.
    Shit, I might pop a couple at my record swap next week - just to keep the
    thread alive.

• poindexter

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    poindexter

chin checked

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I'll tap your jaw.

• If you present yourself as a jaw to be popped, ye shall be popped.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    TBS,

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. I got popped in the jaw like that in Austin once, just off Sixth Street, by a group of 4 kids who hauled ass immediately. I was with two friends of mine who are both well over 6 feet tall, both of whom just stood there. You can tell the kids were like, "Um...let's just hit the little guy, okay?"

In the future, I'd suggest rolling with this guy:

Former Marine Fends Off Atlanta Robbers[/b]

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

(05-30) 08:22 PDT ATLANTA (AP) --

A former Marine used a pocket knife to fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and wounding another, police said.

Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be charged, had been walking home from his job waiting tables Monday night when four people got out of a car and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny Stephens said.

One of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a pistol, Stephens said.

The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man who also attacked him.

The suspects fled in their car but police found them later at a hospital where the girl was pronounced dead. The man stabbed in the incident was in critical condition, Stephens said.

Autry's attackers will face robbery and aggravated assault charges and are suspected in other robberies over the past week, Stephen said.

Stephens credited Autry's military training with helping him fend off the group.

"I would say he had to do what he had to do to stop the threat," Stephens said. "You can tell his training kicked in and he knew what to do."

Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on his chest, Stephens said.

And faux_r, to answer your question:

Sucka Free City, Fillmo' California/Hunter's Point, Sunnydale, grindin' them boulders

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    but... if youd like to take a stand, ill go with you and we can grab a couple of these motherfuckers and use a hammer and some nails on em. its kinda old school but effective.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Wow, that would be a sweet ride for about another 80k miles! Bargain. Put some of that Bio Willie in there and it will "run like a sewing machine"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    poindexter

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    this is an awesome thread

TBS:

sorry for that happening. young people can be fucking terds, but don't hate on Carnival, I went and it was dope.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    When I was like 12 I got popped in the eye by a group of dudes. The cops actually caught them later but we didnt press charges on some 'boys will be boys'