Michael Brecker Appreciation Post

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Dude played w/ everybody. I didnt realize he's played on so many classic as a sideman.He fighting MDS right now and trying to get back out in the field.Show'em some love. DISCOGRAPHY as Sideman

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

PEACE.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yeah RIP. They both seem to have played with just about every older cat in NY, famous or not. Mexican rock cover of Sneaking Up Behind You

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I like him on this LP. Patti Austin Live @ The Bottom Line.

She does two Jacksons covers and a Kenny Loggins joint.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Dude played w/ everybody. I didnt realize he's played on so many classic as a sideman.

He fighting MDS right now and trying to get back out in the field.

Show'em some love.

DISCOGRAPHY as Sideman

That sessionography is amazing.

I'd like to see one for Sneaky Pete who also died recently.

RIP.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Dug out the Directions in Music set he did live at the Massey Hall with Herbie and Roy Hargrove, Patitucci and Blade.

Tales from the Hudson is coming up next.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Watched the Directions in Music ensemble live a couple of years ago. Brecker's solos rendition of Naima was pure fire. Probably the most enjoyable moment of the whole set.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Dug out the Directions in Music set he did live at the Massey Hall with Herbie and Roy Hargrove, Patitucci and Blade.

you have a recording of this? I was at this show, wouldn't mind hearing it again.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts

you have a recording of this? I was at this show, wouldn't mind hearing it again.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000063TB7/ref=s9_asin_title_1/002-7974247-4864858

• Brecker Brothers takin the world by storm!
    I love em.