FUCK TAKO

2»

Comments

• takotako 50 Posts
    You wrote:
    fuck everbody who supports the army including canibus.

yes but as we already made clear, there is a difference between the people who support the army & the people who are in the army or who are actually there

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i thought this was gonna be a thread about octopus balls.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Does anyone else find the idea of "supporting our troops" as weird as me? I know that the military tends to train individuals to give up their individuality, but do they need us to help with that?

What I mean is, people join the military and fight overseas for endless reasons and in endless ways. I can't help but agree with some of those reasons and disagree with others. I'm sure there are many US soldiers whom I would have endless sympathy and respect for, while others I would despise. Some soldiers honestly believe they are fighting for freedom, which, misguided or not, is commendable. Other soldiers believe we should wipe out the entire arab gene pool. I think those soldiers are assholes who have no business affecting the lives of people on the other side of the world.

So how the hell do I "support our troops," as if they're one single entity? It just seems like more meaningless rhetoric to me.

(This post is not an attempt to play the Devil's advocate or goad anyone. I'm not looking for a flame war. I'm just stating my thoughts.)

• takotako 50 Posts
    i think people like canibus are the worst because they are not going down to irak themselves, but they try to make it cool to join the army by supporting them with promotion , thats what i am talking about

edit: i am going to leave this thread alone, so go on hating me 4 expressing my opinions i dont care, like i said if you take it personal you just stupid, props to missbassie but i wasnt even going that far, not blaming it on any soldiers

• i think people like canibus are the worst because they are not going down to irak themselves, but they try to make it cool to join the army by supporting them with promotion , thats what i am talking about

edit: i am going to leave this thread alone, so go on hating me 4 expressing my opinions i dont care, like i said if you take it personal you just stupid, props to missbassie but i wasnt even going that far, not blaming it on any soldiers

BAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Does anyone else find the idea of "supporting our troops" as weird as me? I know that the military tends to train individuals to give up their individuality, but do they need us to help with that?

What I mean is, people join the military and fight overseas for endless reasons and in endless ways. I can't help but agree with some of those reasons and disagree with others. I'm sure there are many US soldiers whom I would have endless sympathy and respect for, while others I would despise. Some soldiers honestly believe they are fighting for freedom, which, misguided or not, is commendable. Other soldiers believe we should wipe out the entire arab gene pool. I think those soldiers are assholes who have no business affecting the lives of people on the other side of the world.

So how the hell do I "support our troops," as if they're one single entity? It just seems like more meaningless rhetoric to me.

(This post is not an attempt to play the Devil's advocate or goad anyone. I'm not looking for a flame war. I'm just stating my thoughts.)

I honestly don't really know what "support our troops" means.

I guess it means sending care packages overseas, or maybe buying that young pack of GIs a round of beers when you see them in the local bar, or something like that?

I see a lot of soccer mom SUVs driving around with the yellow ribbon magnet that says "I support out troops", and I can't help but wonder how? What do you do besides put that stupid magnet on your car?

My answer has always kinda been this. Be a decent person. Help old ladies across the street. Give a bum a dollar once in a while. Smile at that poor bastard at mcdonalds who is rining up your big mac. Let that person with the turn signal on merge into your lane. Make this country a decent place.

Taco, you never said what country you are from. I really want to know.

In fact, to all Americans.... if you want to bash GIs and call them killers or whatever then go right ahead, because THEY have earned that right for YOU. Just be sure not to let the door hit your ass on your way to hell.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I honestly don't really know what "support our troops" means.

• In fact, to all Americans.... if you want to bash GIs and call them killers or whatever then go right ahead, because THEY have earned that right for YOU. Just be sure not to let the door hit your ass on your way to hell.

Please expalin.

They have earned the right to kill for ME?

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

My answer has always kinda been this. Be a decent person. Help old ladies across the street. Give a bum a dollar once in a while. Smile at that poor bastard at mcdonalds who is rining up your big mac. Let that person with the turn signal on merge into your lane. Make this country a decent place.

real talk...

In fact, to all Americans.... if you want to bash GIs and call them killers or whatever then go right ahead, because THEY have earned that right for YOU. Just be sure not to let the door hit your ass on your way to hell.

Please expalin.

They have earned the right to kill for ME?

No, he means they have earned you the right to bash them. Although, I question that logic a little. I find it hard to believe that my freedoms depend on winning the war in Iraq.

But again, my only real problem is the concept of supporting or bashing GIs as a whole. Lumping a vast cross section of people into the same group allows people to more easily demonize or exalt soldiers, which really does nothing but create more rhetoric for both sides.

• I don't believe[/b] that my freedoms depend on winning the war in Iraq.

I find it hard to believe that my freedoms depend on winning the war in Iraq.

No, it doesn't.

Quite honestly I wish we didn't need a military at all. I wish the whole world would grow up and chill the fuck out already. Its the 21st century and we are still as retarded as ever.

I don't support the war in Iraq at all. It makes my blood boil. I can't stand it.

If the powers that be in america all of sudden decided that we didn't need a military, and disbanded the whole thing, I'd give it about a month before we'd all be fucked.

but perhaps I'm a little sensitive, having done my time.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If the powers that be in america all of sudden decided that we didn't need a military, and disbanded the whole thing, I'd give it about a week[/b] before we'd all be fucked.

If the powers that be in america all of sudden decided that we didn't need a military, and disbanded the whole thing, I'd give it about a week[/b] before we'd all be fucked.

Arent we already fucked.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    If you value your rights thank the ACLU. They are the ones fighting for our rights.

Iraq has never attempted to remove any of our rights. The Bush administration has actively worked to limit and remove our rights. In fact a member of our military Gen Hayden has been working to intrude on our rights. He is the new CIA chief. The war in Iraq has nothing to do with the rights of Americans.

No, it doesn't.

Quite honestly I wish we didn't need a military at all. I wish the whole world would grow up and chill the fuck out already. Its the 21st century and we are still as retarded as ever.

I don't support the war in Iraq at all. It makes my blood boil. I can't stand it.

If the powers that be in america all of sudden decided that we didn't need a military, and disbanded the whole thing, I'd give it about a month before we'd all be fucked.

Don't get me wrong, Dizzy. I'm not anti-military per se. I just think the "Support Our Troops" message often gets used to keep people from questioning the war. What I wonder is, if we're supporting our troops for moral reasons, because they're fighting for the freedom of their people, shouldn't we also support those members of the insurgency who are fighting for the freedom of their people?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

No, it doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, Dizzy. I'm not anti-military per se. I just think the "Support Our Troops" message often gets used to keep people from questioning the war. What I wonder is, if we're supporting our troops for moral reasons, because they're fighting for the freedom of their people, shouldn't we also support those members of the insurgency who are fighting for the freedom of their people?

Reasons for supporting the troops, even if you don't believe in the war:
    1) They are our fellow citizens in harms way.
    2) They are serving our country.
    3) They are our sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers or in my case; niece, nephew, friends.
    4) They are pawns.
    5) As soon as they leave the military the conservatives will spit on them, deny them health and social benefits.

The military is a necessary evil. Our military contains China, Indonesia, Russia which are growing in strength and wants to expand. Our military acts as peace keepers around the world.

No, it doesn't.

I pretty much agree with you. And I'm not a flag waving pro war redneck either. And I don't support this war in Iraq.

We had some serious lessons that we should have learned from Vietnam and obviously didn't. We have some fucked up people in charge too, and trust me, the average line grunt isn't always happy about who's wearing the brass.

Ask any GI what they thought of Gen. Shinseki and see what their answer is....

The military is a necessary evil.