Beanie Sigel shot

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Beans got shot!? Does this make him an "official" member of G-Unit? Will this mean higher record sales? People want to know!From CNN.com:Rapper Beanie Sigel shotRapper wounded during attempted robbery in PhiladelphiaThursday, May 25, 2006; Posted: 10:14 a.m. EDT (14:14 GMT) PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Beanie Sigel, the popular rapper who has been shadowed by his violent past, was wounded by gunfire during an attempted robbery early Thursday.The gangsta rapper was shot one or two times in the upper right arm shortly after 8 a.m., police said. He was hospitalized in good condition.The holdup was attempted by five males traveling in two cars, police said. It was not clear where the shooting took place.Sigel, born Dwight Grant, was released from federal prison in August after serving a year on a gun charge and was acquitted of attempted murder the following month. He was also briefly jailed in November for failure to pay child support.His three albums -- "The Truth" in 2000, "The Reason" in 2001 and last year's "The B. Coming" -- each hit the top five on the Billboard album chart.Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    That dude just seems to be a magnet for trouble, even when he's trying to avoid it.

I really hope his life doesn't end prematurely... or before he has a chance to truly make his talent heard.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    That dude just seems to be a magnet for trouble, even when he's trying to avoid it.

I really hope his life doesn't end prematurely... or before he has a chance to truly make his talent heard.

That dude needs to move to the burbs, quit hanging out in South Philly, stay away from guns, start paying child support, and hire some really good body guards.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

That dude needs to move to the burbs, quit hanging out in South Philly, stay away from guns, start paying child support, and hire some really good body guards.

Son, he can't do that. He gots to keep it real in the streets mayne!

• If this means that it is easier for Beans to make a new album after the last one flopped, than some good will come of this.

Sigel is easily the most underappreciated rapper out right now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That dude needs to move to the burbs, quit hanging out in South Philly, stay away from guns, start paying child support, and start blogging about the hood. [/b]

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Word is on the streetz is, they know who shot him.

• Word is on the streetz is, they know who shot him.

I was just looking for a picture of dude... Haha- C'mon shot in the arm? At least he didn't miss and take out the kids

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Word is on the streetz is, they know who shot him.

I was just looking for a picture of dude... Haha- C'mon shot in the arm? At least he didn't miss and take out the kids

???I???m a marksman!???

HAHAHAHA...

That was a pretty funny. This pic and that story go great together...

• That dude just seems to be a magnet for trouble, even when he's trying to avoid paying child support to his children[/b]

deadbeat dads need fan support too.

I hope he gets better so he can keep bragging about making dough and not help the children he brought into the world

• That dude just seems to be a magnet for trouble, even when he's trying to avoid paying child support to his children[/b]

I hope he gets better so he can keep bragging about making dough and not help the children he brought into the world

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

From sohh.com:

SOHH has learned that Philadelphia authorities have reason to believe that there was no crime committed at the Beanie Sigel shooting earlier this morning (May 25), and that the incident may have been a publicity stunt, according to a source close to the investigation.

As SOHH previously reported, Sigel (Born Dwight Grant) was shot twice in his upper arm during what he described as a failed robbery at 8 a.m. this morning in Philadelphia.

According to Sigel, who talked to authorities after the shooting, five black men in two cars cornered him while he was in his vehicle. One of the men, who Sigel detailed as a 30-something standing at approximately 5'11" with a beard, sporting jeans and timberland boots, fired the shots at him. The Philadelphia rapper then drove himself to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was treated and released later on today.

"Police do not believe that it was a robbery -- it's looking like a publicity stunt," the source told SOHH. "No way Beans gets robbed and only gets hit in the arm... Not in South Philly. He's like the mayor around there. No one even heard any commotion, and believe me when I tell you South Philly blocks are small, tight and dense."

Rumors had begun circulating that the shooting was connected to Sigel's step-father who was murdered last year but the SOHH source quickly shot down the speculation.

"His step-pops was murked out in a mob way," the source told SOHH. "Sigel would have gotten it similar, if that was the case. But shot twice in his arm? At 8 a.m.? I just can't see it. [Reports] are coming back now and they are saying there is no crime scene where Sigel said he was shot."

Sigel has been plagued with legal trouble in the last few years. Earlier this year, the Philly emcee was found guilty of a misdemeanor assault for punching a 53-year-old man and breaking his eye socket.

He was acquitted of attempted murder last September. Months later, he was jailed until he paid $26,000 in child support and $2,000 in fines. According to his attorney, Fortunato N. Perri Jr., Sigel now plans to return to the studio, work on his clothing line and get back into acting.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

From sohh.com:

SOHH has learned that Philadelphia authorities have reason to believe that there was no crime committed at the Beanie Sigel shooting earlier this morning (May 25), and that the incident may have been a publicity stunt, according to a source close to the investigation.

As SOHH previously reported, Sigel (Born Dwight Grant) was shot twice in his upper arm during what he described as a failed robbery at 8 a.m. this morning in Philadelphia.

According to Sigel, who talked to authorities after the shooting, five black men in two cars cornered him while he was in his vehicle. One of the men, who Sigel detailed as a 30-something standing at approximately 5'11" with a beard, sporting jeans and timberland boots, fired the shots at him. The Philadelphia rapper then drove himself to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was treated and released later on today.

"Police do not believe that it was a robbery -- it's looking like a publicity stunt," the source told SOHH. "No way Beans gets robbed and only gets hit in the arm... Not in South Philly. He's like the mayor around there. No one even heard any commotion, and believe me when I tell you South Philly blocks are small, tight and dense."

Rumors had begun circulating that the shooting was connected to Sigel's step-father who was murdered last year but the SOHH source quickly shot down the speculation.

"His step-pops was murked out in a mob way," the source told SOHH. "Sigel would have gotten it similar, if that was the case. But shot twice in his arm? At 8 a.m.? I just can't see it. [Reports] are coming back now and they are saying there is no crime scene where Sigel said he was shot."

Sigel has been plagued with legal trouble in the last few years. Earlier this year, the Philly emcee was found guilty of a misdemeanor assault for punching a 53-year-old man and breaking his eye socket.

He was acquitted of attempted murder last September. Months later, he was jailed until he paid $26,000 in child support and $2,000 in fines. According to his attorney, Fortunato N. Perri Jr., Sigel now plans to return to the studio, work on his clothing line and get back into acting.

lol, if this is true , I wonder if this is due to the Saprano effect.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Whatever the case is... he's debuting new tracks on a local hip hop radio show tonight...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    From CNN.com:

The gangsta [/b] rapper

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

5'11" with a beard

set tripping is a bitch.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    That dude just seems to be a magnet for trouble, even when he's trying to avoid paying child support to his children[/b]

Hi,

Can someone explain this cartoon & its context in relation to G's post?

peace

h

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Beans got shot!?Will this mean higher record sales?

No, this is a record sales myth.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

From sohh.com:

I hate to say it, but I had a feeling from the time I heard about it that it was all a stunt. Not the first time a Rocafella-related rapper has pulled something like this for publicity. I'm a Beans fan and all, but it's just a shame that rappers feel that they have to resort to schitt like this nowadays just to get their street buzz on. Yet another reason for me to sit in my rocking chair and long for the days of

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    ...Yet another reason for me to sit in my rocking chair and long for the days of

Hey Phill, you have comcast digital cable right? Check out channel 401... its partially "Old School Rap" all day... seriously brings tears to my eyes sometimes...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Whatever the case is... he's debuting new tracks on a local hip hop radio show tonight...