Wax Poetics in NY Times.

2»

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    people still find a way to hate.

life would be a lot less meaningful for a lot of folks here if you take away their hate. Why must you poo poo over their one true joy in life?

hah

mags = clutter, no tanks.......but I have a gift subscription to saveur that I am enjoying.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    once people took the initiative to finally make a magazine that basically caters to all of us, people still find a way to hate.

That's why people hate- it's pretty close to being a great magazine (still think it's a good one, though). I mean, molding the Source to fit your perfect rap mag blueprint would require energizing through a hefty dose of Haterade indeed.

• It's ironic that, once people took the initiative to finally make a magazine that basically caters to all of us, people still find a way to hate.

Possibly the greatest words and most insightful statement I've ever read on Soulstrut in the years I've been here. Bravo Mr Day!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    This all said, there was no love lost between SS and WP PRIOR to the MM issue anyways.

That is the real reasson they excluded mention of SS--although SS was very integral to the sotry itself--and that is LAME.

Big picture, son:

Wax Poetics is a goddamn magazine. Even if they'd dropped those 13 characters (allotting one for the "dot" and three for "com") that comprise the title of this website into the body of that article, what would have happened to your life to make it better? About a YEAR has passed since that time. I can't even remember what I had for dinner 2 nights ago. Hell: In less than 100 years, none of our own family members will be able to recite our names. Jesus fucking Christ. This website is great. WaxPoetics is great. Go buy a Crystal Light Slurpee or something.

I'm going to go have sex with my girlfriend right now. Have a super night.

Thanks for bringing the big picture in to this and, of course, the little gross picture of you humping your "girlfriend."

I am sorry that you have such a hard time remembering what you did a whole fucking YEAR ago. You must be a wise old man? Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.