WEEKDAY KILLS/ COMEUPS/CATCHES/FINDS/STEALS/

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
x-mas came early this year, i ripped this box appart and look what i found inside:

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    looks like my hommies are getting some afterall!

check it, i just uploaded the four tracks:
    http://www.myspace.com/upskiboo

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Nice work upskiboo.

Been pretty good over here. From a dealers house:

The Crazy People - Bedlam: Awesome canadian uncategorizable record.
    Al Green - yay, nice shape.
    Pacesetter Moodsetter - Some library with one side of cool latin stuff.
    Moog terd.

Waxidermy

Beautiful song. The back-up vocals fucking kill me.

This is a great 45 with crazy garage on one side and soulful rap on the flip. I think it's pretty common too.

Oh, and I hit up this estate sale. Missed the 45s, but scored all of this including the iMac[/b] for $60CAN (iMac being $25 - 800mhz G4 512 ram DVD-RW boo-ya). DOING THANGS!

• Oh, and I hit up this estate sale. Missed the 45s, but scored all of this including the iMac[/b] for $60CAN (iMac being $25 - 800mhz G4 512 ram DVD-RW boo-ya). DOING THANGS!

Holy moley! That is just ridiculous - fantastic score mate!

The signals from outer space record looks pretty cool too - what's it sound like?

The signals from outer space record looks pretty cool too - what's it sound like?
    It's sounds of the data being processed from the first satalite. So it's lots of bleep-bloops. The flip has narration of what is going on. I think slavin would be all over this. Really cool though. Being a scientist, finds like this are keepers.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    As I unfortunately don't have a minute to dig in flea markets, I improved my luck throught eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4873346900&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I feel quite very lucky!

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts

so this is the original that Kelly Clarkson covered right?

nice score on the imac! i see people throwing out the first generation imacs all the time...but never seen them dumping the g4s! i like the swivel screen on those...the g5 just adjusts the viewing angle...up and down. but then i have a g5 so i don't mind.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

This is a great 45 with crazy garage on one side and soulful rap on the flip. I think it's pretty common too.

i love that track! george kerr arranged a lot of great stuff. like most great things people say are common, ive personally seen it exactly once, when i bought it, and would buy more copies if i could.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

It's sounds of the data being processed from the first satalite. So it's lots of bleep-bloops. The flip has narration of what is going on. I think slavin would be all over this. Really cool though. Being a scientist, finds like this are keepers.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

i love that track! george kerr arranged a lot of great stuff. like most great things people say are common, ive personally seen it exactly once, when i bought it, and would buy more copies if i could.

i love that track
    bought about 50 copies of it 5-6 years back
    almost always have one with me at shows

i love that track
    What's so great is that it's a two tracker with two completely different songs. I also like the soul-full rap on the flip.

When I say "common" I meant that you could get it online for fairly cheap.

What other G. Kerr titles are good to pick up? This is the only one I know.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Just spent the week in Tucson cleaning out my grandmothers house. Found:

My aunt's record collection. mostly Billy Joel and other 70s radio filler but picked up twpo cold blood records.

Grandma was a mad collectro and pack rat so I picked up some nice furniture including a craftsman style rocker, several early 20th american dressers and a honest to goodness tiger skin rug. My aunt's persians were totally moth eaten unfortunately. I will holding a massive estate sale in Tucson once the weather cools. Get familiar there will be mad collectables and tchotkes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

Davy DMX - One For The Treble (Fresh) 12"

Dr. Dre - The Chronic LP

Love Unlimited Orchestra - My Sweet Summer Suite LP

Isaac Hayes - Don't Let Go LP

also, finally copped JayDee-Fuck The Police 12", Johnny Osbourne-Truth & Rights 45, and Joseph Henry-Who's The King? (You Know That's Me) 45 from TTLab. I think Taza(? maybe) brought my attention to the Joseph Henry track. A good "new school" funk break/burner. I didn't know Henry passed not too long ago...profits of the 7" go to the American Cancer Society.

• This is a great 45 with crazy garage on one side and soulful rap on the flip. I think it's pretty common too.

i love that track
    What's so great is that it's a two tracker with two completely different songs. I also like the soul-full rap on the flip.

When I say "common" I meant that you could get it online for fairly cheap.

What other G. Kerr titles are good to pick up? This is the only one I know.

i got a copy of this somewhere.i believe the flip is called 3 minutes 2 hey girl? its a good mix of tunes. i should dig it out.

i got a copy of this somewhere.i believe the flip is called 3 minutes 2 hey girl? its a good mix of tunes. i should dig it out.
    You are correct, sir.

picked this dollar bin up today, havent heard it yet but i figured it had to be worth it just for the cover..

• deluxedeluxe 4 Posts
    Upskiboo, that must be a great feeling getting them pressings thru!

recent finds : mostly free from people throwing out collections and a couple charity shop/ebay buys..

i was really happy with the gene chandler/ray bryant and forum quorum joints i managed to get for free! also not shown is a nice free copy of The Hanged Man.

wow, triple action h.raps. If looking to set one loose, plaese to PM me!

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts

I love that album to bits. I just have the CD though.

todays flea find, out of the ordinary for me, normally never pick up keyboards but this is the second one within two week... $8 couldnt say no!

• Highlights from week long Detroit/midwest digging vacation:

Black Gladiator, 9th Creation, Senor Soul, and Monette Sudler are sealed

+ about a box more of stuff

props to Cardova, Sam, Aleit, JoshD, Ness, and Breakself.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Highlights from week long Detroit/midwest digging vacation:

Black Gladiator, 9th Creation, Senor Soul, and Monette Sudler are sealed

+ about a box more of stuff

props to Cardova, Sam, Aleit, JoshD, Ness, and Breakself.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    jesus fucking christ, S.R

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Highlights from week long Detroit/midwest digging vacation:

jesus fucking christ, S.R

seriously...the Hines alone.

todays flea find, out of the ordinary for me, normally never pick up keyboards but this is the second one within two week... $8 couldnt say no!

say, whats the model # on that Casio? and does it have the arpeggio feature?